Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

5,422 posts in this topic

It's tough being her daughter, but I guess someone has to do it.

She told me she wasn't going to watch BEN-HUR again tonight because she has an aversion to Chuck. I asked her if she felt the same way about Stephen Boyd. She goes, "Who?"

I told you she's getting senile.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Sep 26, 2009 10:01 PM

I wonder what she'd think of Boyd in THE OSCAR. Lots of big hair in that one, especially Elke with the beehive.

I have an aversion to Chuck too. I'm right there with your mom on that one.

I watched Scarlet Street instead. Whoa, mama. It was great. Next I'm watching a silent. I have the TV till about midnight when hubby comes home from his concert. Woo-hoo! This is a two movie night. Awesome!

I've warmed up to Heston over the years, the same way I did to the Duke.

Mom doesn't like him either, and constantly asks me to change my John Wayne voice-mail. My answer to that, of course: that'll be the day.

I have a whole mess of backlogged movies to get to, including ANNE OF THE INDIES on Hulu.com, and Rich's horror and sci-fi gems.

I just love Joan in SCARLET STREET. She's just so charismatically slutty, and I think even more intriguing in WOMAN IN THE WINDOW.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Sep 27, 2009 8:57 PM

I liked how normal Joan and Dan were - they were awful, but in a really almost humorous way, not the blackest of evil, but a more everyday kind. Loved it.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I liked how normal Joan and Dan were - they were awful, but in a really almost humorous way, not the blackest of evil, but a more everyday kind. Loved it.

You are so right about this!

Mom: "I like Richard Greer in PRETTY WOMAN".

Me: "You mean Richard Gere".

Mom: "That's what I said."

So she DID have HBO after all???? :)

Does your Mom have anything to say about Julia? (I'm dying to know

if she thinks what I think, ha!) :D

Nah, HBO she gets, but PRETTY WOMAN was playing on Showtime, which she wasn't sure she got, hence the phone call to me. Can you imagine anyone wanting to see that movie again, lol?

I'm going to ask her about Julia tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be a memorable reply.

I should have asked Mom if she's seen that HBO documentary called "Hookers at the Point" -- Bronx streetwalkers talk about their work and ply their trade. A sequel was made called, I think, "Hookers at the Point Again". I watched both of them.

None of the girls looked like Julia Roberts.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 2, 2009 11:17 PM

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> I should have asked Mom if she's seen that HBO documentary called "Hookers at the Point" -- Bronx streetwalkers talk about their work and ply their trade. A sequel was made called, I think, "Hookers at the Point Agaiin". I watched both of them.

>

> None of the girls looked like Julia Roberts.

Oh....my....her perspective on THAT would certainly be interesting!

I somehow think those ladies would chew up and spit out Julia Roberts...and keep her boots.

> The boots these girls wear in that doc make Julia's in PW look like ballet flats.

lol!

Those kinds of shoes/boots are actually in style now. I mean for non-working women.

You should see them trying to walk in Manhattan in those skyscrapers. I have a pair of

platforms but I only dare wear them indoors, ha! I'm too cowardly to trie the pavement.

The high fashion styles now really don't leave anything for the Point ladies to call their own, lol.

And I get wobbly on kitten heels, lol.

For some reason, I have in my mind's eye a lurid vision of Lainie Kazan in one of those laughably "hip" but really tired 60's detective "thrillers" with Ole Blue Eyes, in which she's got on a honkin' big pair of white "hooker" boots. I don't think Frank makes a pass.

> And I get wobbly on kitten heels, lol.

>

> For some reason, I have in my mind's eye a lurid vision of Lainie Kazan in one of those laughably "hip" but really tired 60's detective "thrillers" with Ole Blue Eyes, in which she's got on a honkin' big pair of white "hooker" boots. I don't think Frank makes a pass.

Lol!! Yes, he just passes. Period.

"These boots...are made for (street) walkin'...."

> Does your Mom have anything to say about Julia? (I'm dying to know

> if she thinks what I think, ha!) :D

I found out today that she's a member of the Julia Roberts fan club: "Oh, I've always liked her. Such a nice girl, very convincing in any part she plays, and charming. She's not as attractive as Elizabeth Taylor."

> > Does your Mom have anything to say about Julia? (I'm dying to know

> > if she thinks what I think, ha!) :D

>

> I found out today that she's a member of the Julia Roberts fan club: "Oh, I've always liked her. Such a nice girl, very convincing in any part she plays, and charming. She's not as attractive as Elizabeth Taylor."

Oh.

:D:D

Well, thank goodness I can agree with the last part, lol! Why do you

think she thought of Elizabeth? Too cute!

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > And I get wobbly on kitten heels, lol.

> >

> > For some reason, I have in my mind's eye a lurid vision of Lainie Kazan in one of those laughably "hip" but really tired 60's detective "thrillers" with Ole Blue Eyes, in which she's got on a honkin' big pair of white "hooker" boots. I don't think Frank makes a pass.

>

> Lol!! Yes, he just passes. Period.

HA!! And if you can believe it, I think her character was actually a go-go dancer.

>

> "These boots...are made for (street) walkin'...."

Hee-hee. Now Nancy looked very cool in that style back in the day.