Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

5,422 posts in this topic

Thank you, molo!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY TCM FRIENDS!

(I'm still having some trouble uploading photos and such -- must the the same gremlins that pestered William Shatner on that TZ airplane....)

Speaking of which, I've been popping in and out of the Twilight Zone marathon on the SyFy Channel.

I recorded the two Bergman films that were shown on TCM Imports -- WINTER LIGHT and THE SILENCE but think I'll save my viewing for next week.   Why depress myself on New Year's Day, lol.

It's August 24th, and I want to wish FrankGrimes a happy birthday!

Scottie, have a wonderful celebration.  You deserve it -- you're a very special guy.

molo14, my sweet Leo, if I didn't already wish you August birthday greetings, please accept them now.  You are another very special guy.

• Like 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RO!!!!

(having some dangblasted glitches with uploading gifs for you, DRAT)

Hope you are enjoying a delicious spread at one of your favorite restaurants!  

Blessings to my fellow Libra!

Barb

• Like 1

Thank you sweet twinnie!! It's been a lovely day (and yes, of course we had to top it all off with a trip to the Olive Garden for supper!) Thanks so much for the birthday wish! Hope you are doing well. :) 

• Like 1

RO!  So glad you had a wonderful celebration, my friend!  I could live on their breadsticks, lol.

I'm doing okay!

Getting ready for THE MUMMY'S SHROUD.

I love me a mummy.  Although I do not wish to meet one personally.

Blessings!

• Like 1

As long as some of you guys that were on the bds. years ago are checking into this thread, do any of you know how Joe ( Mongo, Banis) is? Has anyone heard from him? We miss him very much and hoping that he's OK.

I am sorry to say that I had no contact with him other than this forum and one other and so can provide no personal information. The last post of his which I saw was in November, 2017 in which he lamented the difficulty in posting due to Parkinson's. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I am sorry to say that I had no contact with him other than this forum and one other and so can provide no personal information. The last post of his which I saw was in November, 2017 in which he lamented the difficulty in posting due to Parkinson's. 

Same here, Thanks for answering Sans

SansFin, those pasta mummies are just adorable, lol.  Thank you for posting, and that cartoon too!

Lavender, it is very sad to hear about Joe.  I didn't know he had such health problems.   

• Like 1

Thanks for answering Bronxgirl. It is very sad about Joe. We all hope that he's OK.

Sans, Bronxgirl is right, those mummies are adorable and the cartoon is hilarious.

• Like 1

SansFin, great Halloween recipes!  Thanks so much.

lavender, it is very traumatic to hear of bad times with our TCM friends here.  Real life unfortunately keeps intruding....

• Like 1

Go to Google.com. Type in: "Wizard of Oz". On the right side of the screen will be images and a synopsis of the movie. Click on the ruby slippers. Then click on the tornado. 

I do not know how long this display will remain active. It is possible it is to celebrate some anniversary of the movie.

🎂 Wishing you a LOVELY day today, dear Miss Bronxie! Hope your birthday is absolutely delightful. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday, Bronxilla! I hope you have fun terrorizing a city full of good eats! You are beloved by me. All the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scotty!  Thank you so much! What a sweet wonderful one-of-a-kind guy you are!   Arigato! I would be breathing fire had I indulged myself today with a pepperoni pizza, a mound of fries, and gallon of Coca-Cola.  Instead, I enjoyed breakfast-for-dinner -- creamy scrambled eggs, white toast with blackberry jam, fresh squeezed orange juice, and iced coffee.  Duane fixed it for me.  I followed that up with a pint of Rocky Road (made myself an ice-cream soda, too)  I love Japanese food too much to be stomping on Tokyo.  (also, TOKYO STORY is one of my all-time favorite films.  Ozu is the master!)

7 hours ago, rohanaka said:

🎂 Wishing you a LOVELY day today, dear Miss Bronxie! Hope your birthday is absolutely delightful. ❤️

Thank you so much, Ma!  Yes, I had a lovely birthday. Peaceful, quiet, not even the sound of skittering baby lizards to mar the blessed silence and beauty of a sunny, dry, lazy Florida October day.  Plus, one more month and hurricane season will be over!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Bronxie! I'm sure you had a swinging time today!

0000542438.jpg

Hope you and all your creature pals are doing well!

• Thanks 1

Molo!  LOL Thanks so much my friend!  Frankie, Annette, Connie Francis, Paula Prentiss, Timothy Hutton, Yvette Mimieux, George Hamilton and I always have fun in Palm Beach!  

The lizards, frogs, snakes and alligators send you their love.  They are in tip-top condition and ready to celebrate Halloween.  They're crawling to Washington, D.C. to pick up their human costumes. (from both sides of the aisle)