Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

5,416 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > > Does your Mom have anything to say about Julia? (I'm dying to know

> > > if she thinks what I think, ha!) :D

> >

> > I found out today that she's a member of the Julia Roberts fan club: "Oh, I've always liked her. Such a nice girl, very convincing in any part she plays, and charming. She's not as attractive as Elizabeth Taylor."

>

>

> Oh.

>

>

> :D:D

>

> Well, thank goodness I can agree with the last part, lol! Why do you

> think she thought of Elizabeth? Too cute!

I'm glad you asked me that, lol. This afternoon SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER was on Retroplex. I always have to watch it when it plays.

Little did I know that Mom was seeing it then as well, although she told me she was only able to catch the middle. So here she goes: "So what happens at the end? I saw it once and I remember something about eating. Didn't Katherine Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor get men for Sebastian? Couldn't he get them for himself?"

Mom, Mom, Mom....

> > >

> > > For some reason, I have in my mind's eye a lurid vision of Lainie Kazan in one of those laughably "hip" but really tired 60's detective "thrillers" with Ole Blue Eyes, in which she's got on a honkin' big pair of white "hooker" boots. I don't think Frank makes a pass.

> >

> > Lol!! Yes, he just passes. Period.

>

> HA!! And if you can believe it, I think her character was actually a go-go dancer.

> >

It looks like Frank was interested in Lanie's.....brains.

ladyincement-lanie1.jpg

ladyincement-lanie2.jpg

ladyincement-lanie3.jpg

ladyincement-lanie4.jpg

ladyincement-lanie5.jpg

ladyincement-lanie6.jpg

Little did I know that Mom was seeing it then as well, although she told me she was only able to catch the middle. So here she goes: "So what happens at the end? I saw it once and I remember something about eating. Didn't Katherine Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor get men for Sebastian? Couldn't he get them for himself?"

Mom, Mom, Mom....

Oh! That is classic, lil!! Sebastian as chef Boyardee.

> > > >

> > > > For some reason, I have in my mind's eye a lurid vision of Lainie Kazan in one of those laughably "hip" but really tired 60's detective "thrillers" with Ole Blue Eyes, in which she's got on a honkin' big pair of white "hooker" boots. I don't think Frank makes a pass.

> > >

> > > Lol!! Yes, he just passes. Period.

> >

> > HA!! And if you can believe it, I think her character was actually a go-go dancer.

> > >

>

>

> It looks like Frank was interested in Lanie's.....brains.

>

>

> ladyincement-lanie1.jpg

>

> ladyincement-lanie2.jpg

>

> ladyincement-lanie3.jpg

>

> ladyincement-lanie4.jpg

>

> ladyincement-lanie5.jpg

>

> ladyincement-lanie6.jpg

****!!!! Ah, yes, LADY IN CEMENT, that's the one! I guess Lainie didn't wear those boots after all. Don't you just love the pride she takes in her voluptuous, big-mama figure? You go, girl!

(my favorite Kazan film is MY FAVORITE YEAR, where she's a Jewish mother living in Brooklyn with her second husband, a Filipino wrestler, lol. She tries to impress Peter O'Toole when he comes over, "Welcome to my humble chapeau". Son Mark-Linn Baker: "Three years at the Sorbonne and she still can't get it right")

> Oh! That is classic, lil!! Sebastian as chef Boyardee.

I can hear Liz: "The sun was like a white-hot ball of mozzarella...."

****!!!! Ah, yes, LADY IN CEMENT, that's the one! I guess Lainie didn't wear those boots after all. Don't you just love the pride she takes in her voluptuous, big-mama figure? You go, girl!

:D And that figure is no trick with mirrors.

(my favorite Kazan film is MY FAVORITE YEAR, where she's a Jewish mother living in Brooklyn with her second husband, a Filipino wrestler, lol. She tries to impress Peter O'Toole when he comes over, "Welcome to my humble chapeau". Son Mark-Linn Baker: "Three years at the Sorbonne and she still can't get it right")

Hahahahah!! She sounds like the prototype for the mother on "The Nanny".

>

> I can hear Liz: "The sun was like a white-hot ball of mozzarella...."

OH my gosh, I was eating liverwurst on toast and almost choked!!!

Oh my gosh, THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS is playing right now on Retroplex. Saw it years ago, George C. Scott is actually CHARMING.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Oh my gosh, THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS is playing right now on Retroplex. Saw it years ago, George C. Scott is actually CHARMING.

Now that would be Oscar worthy acting. I've never seen it.

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > Oh my gosh, THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS is playing right now on Retroplex. Saw it years ago, George C. Scott is actually CHARMING.

>

> Now that would be Oscar worthy acting.

LOL. He actually pulls it off.

I just read the synopsis for the film, I had no idea it was a variation on Sherlock Holmes!

Bronxie, when you make your next tryst here, tell me...how's Mom doing and does she go to any modern movies? Jennifer Garner got a new one out ("The Invention of Lying") that I heard was pretty good.

Hiya Jackaaay,

I am a big Jennifer Garner fan.

I am a big Bronxgirl's Mom fan.

And I just picked that film outta the hat in terms of modern movies.

I'm a pretty big fan of Jennifer Garner myself. Just last week or so I watched her latest film to hit the video shelves, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past; with a title like that, I guess it's pretty much self-explanatory. The movie isn't all that great, but JG is. And, for what it's worth, Michael Douglas has a few fun scenes.

Oddly enough I watched it with my mom. She thought it was very funny. :D

Wait, it gets worse -- now I'm thinking of good old Murray Hamilton in romantic terms, "thanks" to William Csstle's underwhelming 13 FRIGHTENED GIRLS. (an afternoon at my local supermarket is more frightening)

At our condo complex clubhouse, they run modern films once a week, but honestly it doesn't interest me. However, Mom tries to go every Wednesday, although through the sieve of her mind the plots all get mixed up as she describes them to me. I don't know if she's familiar with Jennifer Garner. I don't think I've ever seen one of her films.

I am still waiting for Jennifer's breakout movie role. She was so great in her TV show, that I wish she would do better movies.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I am still waiting for Jennifer's breakout movie role. She was so great in her TV show, that I wish she would do better movies.

In all fairness, Jennifer has been in some good movies, but either she wasn't the star, or the movie didn't do very well.

She did a good supporting job in Juno, which was nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. And she was very good in The Kingdom, which unfortunately suffered from the same fate at the box office as a lot of other movies about the war in the Middle East.

Joan Crawford

John Ireland

Murray Hamilton

in William Castle's chilling...

CURSE OF THE BRONXGIRL!

With Terry Moore as The Bronxgirl