Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

5,402 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I am still waiting for Jennifer's breakout movie role. She was so great in her TV show, that I wish she would do better movies.

I haven't seen her in one single thing!

"Wait, it gets worse -- now I'm thinking of good old Murray Hamilton in romantic terms, "thanks" to William Csstle's underwhelming ?13 FRIGHTENED GIRLS.? (an afternoon at my local supermarket is more frightening)." - Bronxgirl.

Now if I tell you I have lustful and salacious thoughts of William Windom, will I be drummed out of the TCM Film Academy?? (By the by...I enjoyed Murray in "Jaws" and "The Graduate.")

I haven't seen her in one single thing! - Bronxgirl.

The only reason I picked Jennifer Garner is b?cuz it is the last modern movie I saw in the theatres. Have you ever seen ?Elektra??? Don't worry, I am not making Jennifer Garner a rallying cry.

?I am still waiting for Jennifer's breakout movie role. She was so great in her TV show, that I wish she would do better movies.? - JackFavell

Hey Jackaaay, I know what you mean. I feel I have written a screenplay that might show her to great advantage. I think when she plays vunerability it is positively palpable. But I see redriver has a screenplay ready for Bronxie: ?Curse of the Bronxgirl.? I DO think Bronxie?d be better served being portrayed by Jean Peters or Debra Paget than a munchkin like Terry Moore.

IMHO, please. ;-)

Does anyone think John Stamos kind of looks like Tyrone Power? (Don't throw anything!)

And what does that have to do with the price of pork? I just saw him in Bye Bye Birdie

and I kept thinking he reminded me of Ty. He could do a biopic about him. No, no, NO he

is NOT as handsome, I just say he reminds me of him. More than he did Dick Van Dyke.

i-saw-what-you-did.jpg

I can understand William Windom. From what I remember, he's got a sort of button-down but professorial, absent-minded charm about him,

He was in that t.v. show....what was it? Totally slips my mind. (what else is new?)

Nope, never saw ELEKTRA. (is that the subtitle for LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN, lol?)

Aww, thanks, Maven, for those ANNE OF THE INDIES beauties Jean and Debra. I've always loved Terry in MIGHTY JOE YOUNG, she's so cute but also sexy, and I love how she stamps her foot for Joe to obey her. (I've done that many times with the men in my life) And hey, I could see her as a tomboy pirate too!

terry-moore-1.jpg

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 1:52 AM

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Nope, never saw ELEKTRA. (is that the subtitle for LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN, lol?)

>

BG,

It's actually an adaptation of a Marvel comic book heroine.

rbjqxf.jpg

You know what, lol? I just realized I'm in the wrong thread, even if it is my own.

You probably wondered what Murray Hamilton had to do with anything here, apart from 13 FRIGHTENED GIRLS. Actually, I should have been in the SHACK OUT ON 101 thread in General Discussions, where I talked about me and Frank Lovejoy and added Murray as an additional "hearthrob".

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 2:58 AM

I can understand William Windom. From what I remember, he's got a sort of button-down but professorial, absent-minded charm about him, He was in that t.v. show....what was it? Totally slips my mind. (what else is new?)

He had a great stentorian voice. And he was in "The Farmer's Daughter." I think Gingkoba is good for the memory. ;-)

Nope, never saw "ELEKTRA." (is that the subtitle for "LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN", lol?)

Noooooooo. The proper subtitle for that is probably "MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA". As for Garner, ELEKTRA was a kick-A$$ comic book heroine. She appeared in "Daredevil" with future husband Ben Affleck...a more suitable choice for Ben than J-Lo.

Aww, thanks, Maven, for those "ANNE OF THE INDIES" beauties Jean and Debra. I've always loved Terry in "MIGHTY JOE YOUNG" she's so cute but also sexy, and I love how she stamps her foot for Joe to obey her. (I've done that many times with the men in my life) And hey, I could see her as a tomboy pirate too!"

Are you saying you dated big ol' apes??? :o That's a cute pix of Terry, by the way.

> He had a great stentorian voice. And he was in "The Farmer's Daughter." I think Gingkoba is good for the memory. ;-)

You're jogging my memory now. I think Inger Stevens played the daughter. Still, I do need to rush to my health food store and get those supplements.

> Nope, never saw "ELEKTRA." (is that the subtitle for "LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN", lol?)

>

> Noooooooo. The proper subtitle for that is probably "MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA". As for Garner, ELEKTRA was a kick-A$$ comic book heroine. She appeared in "Daredevil" with future husband Ben Affleck...a more suitable choice for Ben than J-Lo.

Shows you how out-of-touch I am. The last comic book heroine (of a sort) I'm familiar with is Betty from the "Archie" series.

>

> Aww, thanks, Maven, for those "ANNE OF THE INDIES" beauties Jean and Debra. I've always loved Terry in "MIGHTY JOE YOUNG" she's so cute but also sexy, and I love how she stamps her foot for Joe to obey her. (I've done that many times with the men in my life) And hey, I could see her as a tomboy pirate too!"

>

> Are you saying you dated big ol' apes??? :o That's a cute pix of Terry, by the way.

Actually my gentleman callers were more like rhesus monkeys.

I wonder if Terry Moore ever made a swashbuckler; she'd be adorable in a bandana and an eyepatch.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Hi there Ms. G. John Stamos. I could kind of see that. He is handsome, but I'm thinking Zac Efron could star in that Tyrone Power biopic: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm937989120/nm1374980

Hi T-Mave!

Yes, I see some of Ty in that actor, too, especially if you die his hair and eyebrows. Stamos

looked so much like him in person, I've never seen the resemblance in photos. Maybe

it's just me. He had the almost-black hair and eyebrows and the nose and the somewhat

slight build. Wish you'd been there so someone else who knows who the heck Tyrone

Power is would understand.

"You're jogging my memory now. I think Inger Stevens played the daughter. Still, I do need to rush to my health food store and get those supplements."

YUP! That was Inger Stevens. I thought she had a one-hundred watt smile. Very sad end to her life, though.

"Shows you how out-of-touch I am. The last comic book heroine (of a sort) I'm familiar with is Betty from the 'Archie' series.

Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) just talked about Archie, Betty and Veronica though I often forget whether Betty / Veronica is the blonde or blue-black brunette. Aaah, Archie...lucky son of a gun. The girls...maybe not so lucky.

Actually my gentleman callers were more like rhesus monkeys.

Better than Reese's Pieces, ey? ;-)

"I wonder if Terry Moore ever made a swashbuckler; she'd be adorable in a bandana and an eyepatch."

Some women are meant for bandanas and eyepatches, and others are meant for ripped bodices. I guess guys would be the best judge for that determination. But no doubt, Terry is adorable in that shot you provided. Nice!

Afternoon Ms. G. I agree with you on John Stamos. He has classically handsome good looks. I admit, he was the only reason to watch that tv show he did with the three girls.

Didn't he also do Broadway's "How to Succeed In Business..."? Again, for me, Tyrone Power is the epitome of handsome (notwithstanding that great shot Mongo provided of Errol Flynn and the wonderful shot you provided of shirtless Gary Cooper). But there's something about Tyrone Power... <SIGH!!>

...And next time, send me an invitation.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Afternoon Ms. G. I agree with you on John Stamos. He has classically handsome good looks. I admit, he was the only reason to watch that tv show he did with the three girls.

>

Afternoon, T-Mave,

I never particularly noticed his looks but last night had me thinking about Ty. It might

be an interesting addition for the look-a-likes thread.

> Didn't he also do Broadway's "How to Succeed In Business..."? Again, for me, Tyrone Power is the epitome of handsome (notwithstanding that great shot Mongo provided of Errol Flynn and the wonderful shot you provided of shirtless Gary Cooper). But there's something about Tyrone Power... <SIGH!!>

>

I don't know anything about Stamos' career. And many agree with you about Ty. I do

think he was handsome, but I found him more attractive as he aged and lost his looks. He

was so great in The Long Voyage Home and Abandon Ship!.

> ...And next time, send me an invitation.

;)

Ah, Inger! A fine actress, and so much angst behind that wonderful smile. She's also memorable in those two TZ episodes. ("The Lateness of the Hour" and "The Hitchhiker")

Betty was the "good girl" blonde, and Veronica was the sultry "bad" brunette. Poor Archie, lol. But you know me, I'm attracted to those squares.

Terry played a Betty in PEYTON PLACE! (with a New England accent) She was "bad", though.

I'm talking with Mom this afternoon and she tells me she's watching Jodie Foster in NELL on HBO.

Mom: "Oh, my, Jodie Foster's character is crazy! Have you seen this

movie?"

Me: "No, I only liked Jodie when she was young"

Mom: "What did she do then?"

Me: "Let me see...TAXI DRIVER, ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE..."

Mom: "TAXI DRIVER? Is that the Martin Scory--Scory--what's his name?"

Me: "Scorsese".

Mom: "He makes such violent films, I don't like to watch those things"

Me: "So are you enjoying NELL?

Mom: "I'm not sure, I'll watch to the end because I want to find out what happens. I like Liam Neeson. He's not so handsome, but he's a nice, rugged Irishman. Isn't Claude Rains being shown a lot now on TCM?"

Me: "Last month".

Mom: "Is he Italian?"

Me: "What? He's English"

Mom: "I always thought he had a Mediterranean face."

Me: "Okay, I'm going now".

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 4:28 PM

I was highly influenced by Inger Stevens/Farmer's Daughter reruns when I was a little girl of 5. I went around for days, weeks may be involved, saying," yah, mama. yah, daddy." Yah yah yah yah yah..... until I was told in no uncertain terms to CUT IT OUT.

So ended my Swedish period.

I love Inger. She's one of my favorites, I find her so sad. She has those big, melancholy eyes.

It's a similar feeling that Gail Russell projects.

Bronxgirl writes:

?Betty was the ?good girl? blonde, and Veronica was the sultry ?bad? brunette. Poor Archie, lol. But you know me, I'm attracted to those squares.?

HA!!! Thanx! I hope to have it straight now. (I only hope Archie never got 'em confused!) Have I told you that I love your Mom? :D

---

JackFavell writes:

?I was highly influenced by Inger Stevens/Farmer's Daughter reruns when I was a little girl of 5. I went around for days, weeks may be involved, saying," yah, mama. yah, daddy." Yah yah yah yah yah..... until I was told in no uncertain terms to CUT IT OUT. So ended my Swedish period.?

That IS funny!! I used to be in love with the son on that show. That also brings to mind a Bob Hope movie where (is it) Frankie Avalon sings: ?I?ll take Sweden, yah yah yah!?

---

Miss Goddess writes:

"I don't know anything about Stamos' career. And many agree with you about Ty. I do think he was handsome, but I found him more attractive as he aged and lost his looks. He was so great in ?The Long Voyage Home? and ?Abandon Ship!?

Me being the more shallow type loved those 1940 looks he had. Have you ever seen him and Dana Andrews in "Crash Dive"? Dark good looks and that naval uniform. I have ?Abandon Ship? recorded and ready for viewing. But I think I have a date with Buckskin Burt first, don?t I? ;-)

?I never particularly noticed his looks but last night had me thinking about Ty. It might be an interesting addition for the look-a-likes thread.?

You?re right. That will be for geeks with more technoskills than I. I can't even follow instructions to boil water.

I love Inger. She's one of my favorites, I find her so sad. She has those big, melancholy eyes. It's a similar feeling that Gail Russell projects.

I agree about Stevens. I was a big fan of hers. TV-Movie: ?House of Cards.? Have you seen her in ?The World, The Flesh and the Devil??? She?s all over Harry Belafonte...and he doesn?t take the bait. Tsk! Tsk!! But she kisses all over Bing Crosby?? HUH??? And as for Gail, was it in the recent brunette postings or somewhere there was...oh, yeah...Morlocks: writing about "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes." Gail's coloring and those blue eyes were positively haunting.

;-) Yup...let's.

Yes! I agree Ty and Dana are gorgeous in Crash Dive! you could call it "Crush" Dive.

And I meant The Long Grey (Gray?) Line, not The Long Voyage Home, apologies!

I never saw "House of Cards", I want to see more Inger. I have seen The World, The Flesh

and the Devil and I liked it. It took a nuclear apocalypse to get Inger's character to loosen

up, ha.

The Night Has a Thousand Eyes is near the top of my "Most Wanted" films

list. I have NEVER seen it.

The title is from one of my favorite poems.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I was highly influenced by Inger Stevens/Farmer's Daughter reruns when I was a little girl of 5. I went around for days, weeks may be involved, saying," yah, mama. yah, daddy." Yah yah yah yah yah..... until I was told in no uncertain terms to CUT IT OUT.

>

> So ended my Swedish period.

Until FARGO.

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> I love Inger. She's one of my favorites, I find her so sad. She has those big, melancholy eyes.

> It's a similar feeling that Gail Russell projects.

You know, I never thought of that connection but you may have something there.

I've mentioned that to her, and she keeps singing your praises.

She saw A STOLEN LIFE and loved it. I'll hear her report tomorrow, as she's now actively engaged in Paul Muni on the chain gang.

At 4 a.m. this morning I was watching THE CURSE OF THE LIVING CORPSE and eating a salami and peanut butter sandwich.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 8:45 PM

Was that the one with Frankie Avalon holding a big knife, and a really cute light haired guy with a beatles haircut? I woke up for a minute and the TV was on ----I saw one scene, but couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to watch the rest of the movie.