bansi4

*CANDIDS* 2

12,388 posts in this topic

Photobucket

Bette Davis as the formidable Margo Channing in "All About Eve"

Photobucket

Outstanding Impersonator Charles Pierce as the formidable Bette Davis

Mongo!! Mongo!! Mongo!!!

I'm remiss in not commenting on the photo of one of my new favorite actress, Janis Carter back on September 27th. (Nice shot). You must be clairvoyant becuz I just saw her in "Framed" a couple of weeks ago and she was on this morning in one of those "Whistler" movies and then she'll be around later this week in "The Missing Juror."

Thanx Mongo, you always get it right. I guess that's why YOU are Mongo and I'm not...

Now if you have any of Nancy Guild...

CineMaven, just for you...

Photobucket

NANCY GUILD

By the way, I thought that Miss Guild was as smooth as silk in "Somewhere in the Night"

Thank you Mongo. In fact, "Somewhere In the Night" will be on the Fox Movie Channel Tuesday afternoon (Octber 6th 2009) at noon. (EST) Also included in the cast: John Hodiak, Richard Conte and Lloyd Nolan. Yes, there's silk all around in that film.

Thank you for answering my request Sir Mongo.

Nancy Guild: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/21/arts/nancy-guild-73-insouciant-40-s-actress.html

Edited by CineMaven on Oct 5, 2009 10:51 PM to note that Guild looks like a cross between Gene Tierney and Ella Raines.

OCTOBER 6th. BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

FAY SPAIN (1933 - 1983)

Photobucket

CAROLE LOMBARD (1908 - 1942)

Photobucket

JANET GAYNOR (1906 - 1984)

Photobucket

JEROME COWAN (1897 - 1972)

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> By the way, I thought that Miss Guild was as smooth as silk in "Somewhere in the Night"

Did you know that her name is pronounced "Guiled" (or "Giled" with a long I)? At least according to Eddie Muller, whose commentary for "Somewhere In the Night" I just listened to.

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> OCTOBER 6th. BIRTHDAYS

>

> Photobucket

> FAY SPAIN (1933 - 1983)

Having just seen Fay Spain as Darlin' Jill in God's Little Acre, I'm especially happy to be reminded about her birthday. She was so good in that movie, glad TCM will be showing it in January.

OCTOBER 7th. BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

JOYCE REYNOLDS is 84 today

Photobucket

DIANA LYNN (1926 - 1971)

Photobucket

HELMUT DANTINE (1918 - 1982)

Photobucket

JUNE ALLYSON (1917 - 2006)

Photobucket

ANDY DEVINE (1905 - 1977)

> {quote:title=tterrace wrote:}{quote}

> Walt Disney makes a salad.

>

> Photobucket

Thanks for the photo, tterrace! For some strange reason, the thought of Walt making a salad never occurred to me. I'm sure he must have made a good salad. :)

Photobucket

'Bowery Boy' Huntz Hall clowns around with Mickey Rooney backstage at a

production of "Girl Crazy"

Mongo Man!! I said it before and I'll say it again...the photo you posted of Errol Flynn on the arm of the chair, with the dog by his side shows that he was one of the most beautiful-looking men in Hollywood.

Thank you.

I wonder if that's the same dog of his that fell overboard and drown from his sailboat. He said he was to sick with losing the dog when the body was recovered he didn't want to see it. Jimmy Fiddler was a famous Hollywood Columnist ran an iten that Errol Flynns dog drown and Flynn was too busy to claim the body. When Flynn saw him at a Hollywood night spot he walked over to his table and jabbed a fork into Fiddlers hand...

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> I wonder if that's the same dog of his that fell overboard and drown from his sailboat. He said he was to sick with losing the dog when the body was recovered he didn't want to see it. Jimmy Fiddler was a famous Hollywood Columnist ran an iten that Errol Flynns dog drown and Flynn was too busy to claim the body. When Flynn saw him at a Hollywood night spot he walked over to his table and jabbed a fork into Fiddlers hand...

Well, I don't like to condone violence, but I might have used a knife in the same situation.

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> I wonder if that's the same dog of his that fell overboard and drown from his sailboat. He said he was to sick with losing the dog when the body was recovered he didn't want to see it. Jimmy Fiddler was a famous Hollywood Columnist ran an iten that Errol Flynns dog drown and Flynn was too busy to claim the body. When Flynn saw him at a Hollywood night spot he walked over to his table and jabbed a fork into Fiddlers hand...

I never condone violence to animals, but his is one case where maybe Errol was right to make an exception...

OCTOBER 8th. BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

RAY STRICKLYN (1928 - 2002)

Photobucket

GABRIEL DELL (1919 - 1988)

Photobucket

RON RANDELL (1918 - 2005)

Photobucket

KIRK ALYN (1910 - 1999)

Photobucket

WALLY BROWN (1904 - 1961)

Two beautiful young women who died at such an early age. Russell was 36 and died of alcoholism and Diana Lynn was a child prodigy on the piano. She died of a stroke at age 45. So sad these talented lovely women had to leave us so soon...