Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodGolightly

?The Twilight Zone? Turns 50: What?s Your Favorite Episode?

56 posts in this topic

I don't know which one......there are numerous episodes that work for me for different reasons, although I haven't seen most of them in a very long time (it sucks). The writing on this show was typically brilliantly ironic......great stuff.

"Time Enough At Last" is awesome, for one. The one with the doll Talking Tina is another favorite of mine.

I agree with FA that "Night Call" was one of the best. It was the creepiest, eeriest ghost or horror episode I certainly can recall.God bless my mother who loved stories of the macabre and let me stay up just so I could watch the Twilight Zone and describe the episode to my less fortunate school chums the next day.I also liked the hour-long episode "The Thirty Fathom Grave" about the sunken US Navy fleetboat submarine that emitted eerie hammerings and ultimately drove the only surviving crew member of that same sub to kill himself after seeing ghosts of his dead crew mates beckoning him. Creepy in a well done way. Good acting from Bill Bixby, Simon Oakland and Mike Kellen, as the sailor who saw the ghosts. Best,B.G.

Hello Capuchin(Monk or Monkey?). You mention the odd spacings and pacings of episodes on DVD and I concur. Some years ago, one of the local TV stations even went so far as to mask pictures of the original sponsors of TTZ whiich were filmed as part of the end credits of the various episodes. I thought that was going a bit far, as some of the tobacco brands don't exist anymore and others would have no effect now, not after tobacco advertising was banned in 1971..I also recommend Mark Scott Zicree's, THE TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION as a great source of info about the series. Cheers, B.G.

"The Twilight Zone" was a series with so many episodes that were great, it's very difficult to choose one favorite. Some may pick a favorite because of the acting, the actors, the writing, the music, etc.

Although I have several I'd also list as favorites, perhaps the one I'll choose right now is "The Fugitive" for the reason that star Susan Gordon is a friend of mine.

*"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"*

*"The Last Flight"*

*"The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine"* - An aging film star (Ida Lupino) lives a life of seclusion in her private screening room. ( _Sunset Blvd._ ( 1950) knock-off!)

*"To Serve Man"* - Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! The rest of the book, "To Serve Man", it's... it's a cookbook! - ROFL!! Gotta love it!!

*"Queen of the Nile"* - A movie actress (Ann Blyth) is interviewed by a columnist who learns the secret of her enduring youth.

*"Little Girl Lost"* - _Poltergeist_ (1982) was based on this!

*"The Invaders" (1961)* - When a woman (Agnes Moorehead) investigates a clamor on the roof of her rural house, she discovers a small UFO and little aliens emerging from it. ... *The ending still _frustrates_ me!!*

*"A Hundred Yards Over the Rim"*

*"Stopover in a Quiet Town"*

*Hello Capuchin(Monk or Monkey?)*

Hooded cloak, like a cape with a wimple. In a venacular, it meant pulling the hood down over a woman's eyes.

*I also recommend Mark Scott Zicree's, THE TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION as a great source of info about the series*

Agree 100% -- sadly, the dust jacket on my copy is in bad shape, probably due to extensive use.