Sign in to follow this  
cvgaa

help with title

4 posts in this topic

There is an English film from 1948-58 i saw probably 30 years ago where a merchant seaman from a sunk freighter is picked up by a German warship (in the Med?). He escapes when the ship ties up at an island for repairs and then prevents repairs by sniping at the germans trying to repair the ship. he delays departure and allows the British Navy or air force to sink the ship. i have searched many different databases here and uk but can't come up with the name. any help would be appreciated. btw 2 pretty good ww2 movies are 633 squadron (some cheesy flight scenes) and the dambusters.

thanks

You may want to ask this question under the information thread. They are answered fairly fast there.

The name of the movie you are seeking is "Sailor of the King'" Starring Jeffrey Hunter. Not available on any recording that I know of. I would like a copy myself. 5/1/2008. Movie is availble at Amazon.com. now.

Message was edited by: casadore2

I believe the ship was anchored in a fyord in Norway doing repairs. Unable to turn around and repairs were held up by Jeffrey Hunters character with a Mauser rifle from the sides or the fyord overlooking the ship.