cagney69

describe the scene game

4,160 posts in this topic

think of a movie and then describe a scene from the movie.There may be more than one movie that is pretty much the same depending on how descriptive you are.

Try this one

A man takes a knife out of his suitcoat pocket and throws it down sticking it in a table.

name the film

Thanks, cagney. Here's one:

The father of a kidnapped lad gets telephoned instructions where and when to deliver the payoff.

He gets an assurance that his son will be present, and will be turned over to him at that time..

At the arranged meeting the son is not there, the man he meets is obviously not the one he spoke to on the phone, and the man present knows nothing about having to surrounder the boy. The father aborts the payoff, and goes to an unusual Plan B.

Is it The Man Who Knew Too Much.I might not have been clear on the explanation of this game. This sounds more like the plot of a movie. I was going more for just one particular scene. It might be a scene that has very little or nothing to do with the movie.

How about the last scene of a famous film where a guy on the run backs into the shadows of a dark alley near some parked cars and says to his girlfriend, "I steal!"

> {quote:title=cagney69 wrote:}{quote}

> Is it The Man Who Knew Too Much.I might not have been clear on the explanation of this game. This sounds more like the plot of a movie. I was going more for just one particular scene. It might be a scene that has very little or nothing to do with the movie.

Not *The Man Who Knew Too Much*. It was hard to clue up that question without using the name of the movie. It was *Ransom* (1996). The scene was pivitol, but brief. The father reluctuntly concluded

that the kidnappers were not going to return the child at all, so he went public with an offer that promised a high reward to anyone who exposed and named the kidnappers.

Now a new question is on the table, and I don't think I know it.

Ok, so the next one is, we see a cripple guy walking with two crutches and he passes in front of multiple Fun House mirrors.

TCM will air *The Lady From Shanghai* on Mon.

Two men walk their 10 paces and one fires before the command of fire is given. The father of the one who shoots first calls his son a coward and spits on him. It's the other mans turn to shoot and he shoots the ground instead of the other man. When he turns the son shoots at him. The father humiliated and filled with loathing for his son, winds up killing his son.

You got it, Rich. *The Big Country* . Burl Ives, Chuck Connors and of course Gregory Peck in that scene. Love the film, and LOVE the theme song. Your thread, if you want it. btw- Thanks for answering.

A woman is having a conversation with a hooded Spanish priest - and then she sees the edge of his sword underneath his robe.

Thank you.

The mistress of a great house dozes in an overstuffed chair in a darkened room; a fire flickers in the fireplace?her husband?s cocker spaniel rests in her lap?a disgruntled servant peeks into the room and the dog peers up at her mistrustfully?

Thank you, Eve. I was impressed with that scene the first time I saw it.

Trying another one:

At training camp for Pro Football players. One trainee throws the football to the Quarterback, and this causes all the others to doubletake and look oddly at the man who had made the throw; he had

blundered. He was not aware of the principle that you never throw directly to the QB during training.

(You avoid even the slightest risk of having the QB injure his hands.) The tradition is to throw to someone standing _near_ the QB, who catches the ball and hands it over. The trainee has revealed

that he is a complete novice.