cagney69

describe the scene game

4,097 posts in this topic

Before her change of heart, she asks her friend in the War Department to get her son out of his draft order. Her friend refuses and she tells him she'll never speak to him again.

6 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Purely a guess because I've never seen this film, but is it The War Against Mrs. Hadley?

Yes it is The War Against Mrs. Hadley. Very good film that TCM shows not often but maybe once a year. Next time it's on try to watch it. Thanks star, your thread :)

A Greenwich Village bookshop is left in complete disarray after a fashion editor and her staff have used it for a photo shoot.

thanks Starliteyes! 

next--

A woman wearing a rain coat and house slippers crosses the street to mail a letter late at night.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:38 AM, shutoo said:

thanks Starliteyes! 

next--

A woman wearing a rain coat and house slippers crosses the street to mail a letter late at night.

She returns to her apartment, arranges pillows on the bed, kisses a man's photograph, and lies down, crossing her arms over her chest.

Her neighbor smells gas and interrupts her attempt to 'end it all'..after which, she's really sorry she sent that farewell letter to the fellow in the photograph.

The man gets the letter saying she is killing herself, and rushes to her apartment.  He promises he'll divorce his wife and marry her.  She says she doesn't want to be a 'house-wrecker', and insists on meeting his wife so everything will be above board...but that presents a big problem...

On 8/4/2018 at 2:17 AM, shutoo said:

Her neighbor smells gas and interrupts her attempt to 'end it all'..after which, she's really sorry she sent that farewell letter to the fellow in the photograph.

Cactus Flower, Goldie  as the young woman, Walter Matthieu as the "husband", Ingrid Bergman pretending to be the wife 

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Cactus Flower, Goldie  as the young woman, Walter Matthieu as the "husband", Ingrid Bergman pretending to be the wife 

That's the one! I re-watched it recently..still fun!

Your thread,  Lavenderblue!

Thanks Shutoo

next

A man who's been chasing a woman, mistakes another woman for the one he's chasing, causing the wrong woman's death and his own

A woman trying to hide a recording that was  made on a phonograph record, drops the record and it shatters. It was proof of an incriminating conversation made by 2 others.

12 hours ago, starliteyes said:

I think it's Sudden Fear.  I haven't seen it in a long time, but the phonograph record clue made me think of it.

It is Sudden Fear Star. Love this film and TCM will be showing the film the end of the month. Your thread :)

• Thanks 1