cagney69

describe the scene game

4,401 posts in this topic

The bandleader prefers her for the new band member over the band singer, and he encourages this new relationship.  The new band leader was wary at first, as he fell for the ruse that she was in her mid-teens.

The band and bandleader use their real names.  They were one of the biggest big bands during the War Years.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, Arturo said:

Next:   A girl wants to meet a well-known bandleader.

Sweet and Low-Down - Linda Darnell, Lynn Bari, Benny Goodman

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Sweet and Low-Down - Linda Darnell, Lynn Bari, Benny Goodman

Lavenderblue , you are correct!

Your turn!

The wife and the husband's best friend fall in love and begin an affair. The husband's ne'er - do -well uncle tells the husband about the affair and the husband goes into a rage.

The wife decides to leave her husband for his best friend but when she realizes that the man doesn't want the baby, she wants her husband back.

16 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The wife decides to leave her husband for his best friend but when she realizes that the man doesn't want the baby, she wants her husband back.

I saw this one time-- So I'm not sure, but it was an opening for Marilyn Monroe's career.

Clash By Night--starring Barbara Stanwyck, Paul Douglas and Robert Ryan.

It's an okay movie but Robert Ryan just tears up the scenery in one scene, but he's such a good underappreciated, underrated actor anyway.

Just now, Princess of Tap said:

I saw this one time-- So I'm not sure, but it was an opening for Marilyn Monroe's career.

It's an okay movie but Robert Ryan just tears up the scenery in one scene, but he's such a good underappreciated, underrated actor anyway.

Yes, it's Clash By Night, it was just on the week before last on Noir Alley, I thought someone would get this on the first clue since it was just shown.  Your thread Princess

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Princess, your thread.

4 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

After giving up her career as a journalist, a woman moves to Southern California to be with her policeman/husband.

Barbara Stanwyck, Sterling Hayden, Raymond Burr - Crime of Passion ?????

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

That sounds like "The Blue Gardenia" with Anne Baxter as the woman who receives the Dear Jane letter, and that's just the start of her troubles.

Sorry Miles, it's another film. Anne does not receive a phone call at work as I posted in my clue, Anne as you said receives a Dear Jane letter at home.

clue - One of her roommates meets a rich guy, falls in love with him but he's only using her. She becomes pregnant.

18 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Just guessing - The Best of Everything?

Yes it's The Best of Everything. Hope Lange is the one who is jilted, Diane Baker is the one who is pregnant by Robert Evans character btw, and Louis Jourdan breaks Suzy Parker's heart and is the 3rd roomie. You're up Star :)

• Thanks 1