cagney69

describe the scene game

4,148 posts in this topic

I can't say I remember that scene, but the film that comes to mind is *My Sister Eileen* - the conga line scene is the one I really remember- I haven't seem this one many years so be kind if I'm off base here- btw- Happy Holidays to You and Your Family, Miles

Sorry, but it's not "My Sister Eileen". This movie is from the thirties. The leading man was profiled not long ago by me on the Do You Know Me thread. The music was by Jerome Kern and it was, and still is, a very well known, ground breaking musical. The song in this scene was not in the original Broadway production, but was added for this film. A subsequent remake years later did not contain the song, but revivals in live theatrical productions sometimes do.

Yes, it's the 1936 movie "Showboat" where Alan Jones snatches, then talks to, Irene Dunne's stockings before singing "I Have The Room Above Her". This movie was very successful and may have saved Universal Studios from bankruptcy. If you're not familiar with the song, I believe you can find it on YouTube. It's your turn, lavenderblue .

This is starting to turn into 21 clues.

He should have known when she didn't show up to see him in the "ring" the Sunday before. When he asked her why she wasn't there she said she had a headache. That's her reply when she's done with each man. He heard her tell the man before him the same thing.

Good Morning!

135 views and no guesses!

This film has been made 4 different times and was based on a novel. I picked the most familiar version. It's a costume piece and takes place in Europe. It has an all star cast.

Blood And Sand? If I'm right, it's because I mostly remembered the action scenes, and was slow to pick up on the cougar & gigolo theme.

*OLE* ! and Ah Torro!

Correct, cmvgor- The bullfighting scenes are memorable, I decided to concentrate on the very sensual scenes between Rita Hayworth and Tyrone Power. The whole cast- Linda Darnell, John Carradine and Anthony Quinn, they were all so young and beautiful in this film. Love it!- thanks for playing this round. Your thread.

Thanks, Lavender. New one up:

At a climax shootout, the win-or-lose comes down to how many shots the hero has fired. Does he have a round left in his pistol? He does and he wins.

Another point: It ain't *Dirty Harry*. A much more recent film.

The pistol in question is a revolver that is chambered for seven rounds, not a traditional six-shooter. Ahead of time, the hero had taped it under a table, in case it was needed.

The context/conflict involves a drug deal between some some really crooked cops and some really stoned-out tweakers. A film issued in the present century.

One of the tweakers is currently a series star, playing a brainy City Detective. One of the dirty cops is currently a series star playing a brainy FBI executive. The timing of the movie's release suggests

that they may have done some of the work on this film during hiatus from series work.

The detective and the FBI agent described previously are in support roles. The star was once a Washington Redskin.

At some 120 Views, I've carried this one as far as I can. 2002's *The Salton Sea*. Val Kilmer as the hero with the seven-shooter. Vincent D'Onofrio of Law & Order, Criminal Intent as a tweaker/drug dealer. Anthony LaPaglia of Without A Trace as a crooked cop.

Thread's open.

thanks Sixes

A man talking on the phone covers the phone so only the words I love you can be heard on the other end.