cagney69

describe the scene game

4,390 posts in this topic

another scene has the man's wife get into a fight with his former girlfriend and she accidentally punches the man's father.

another scene has two women on a train in separate compartments crying their eyes off because they are leaving their husbands. The one woman gives the porter half a cigarette to give to the other and she realizes who the other woman is.

another scene has two women on a train in separate compartments crying their eyes off because they are leaving their husbands. The one woman gives the porter half a cigarette to give to the other and she realizes who the other woman is.

Thanks. New one:

Western. A two-man face-off in the street, many citizens watching. The challanger draws slightly faster, and shoots the other man's hat off. The other man, a beat behind, shoots the challanger in the chest. The dying loser has time to boast "I beat you, ____", before he dies.

1950s Western. Great cast. The gunfight described comes at the end of a long-standing friendship

and partnership.

The town, under threat from a large outlaw gang, is forced to hire unofficial "law enforcement" because the law locally is weak. Town name is the title of the movie.

This movie actually ran on AMC on Saturday, Jan 23, between about 10am and 12;15pm. I was able to catch most of it, and I waited another 12 hours or so to see if a reader of this thread had seen it. Got no response.

The movie was 1959's *Warlock*, the name of the town that had to buy hired-gun protection from a gang of rustlers and outlaws. When a partnership between Henry Fonda and Anthony Quinn desolved, Quinn got angry, then got drunk, then called Fonda out. I had posed the question having last seen the movie about six years ago. I had forgotten that the showdown took place at night, but there was still a big audience for the event. I also misquoted Quinn's exit line: Actually his last speech was, "I won, Clay." He had made the faster draw, but then he missed. Fonda didn't.

The thread is open.

Here?s one:

Two men on deck on an ocean liner; one is inebriated, the other is very sober. The drunk ends up overboard and the teetotaler accidentally falls in after him, though it appears he?s trying to save the man. When a lifeboat comes to the rescue, the non-drinker gets thumped on the head by an oar?

Yes, it is. I posted it on both threads hoping solving one would help solve the other. Just trying to get *I Love You Again* some deserved attention?it?s all yours, C?