MissGoddess

RAMBLES Part II

6,366 posts in this topic

Due to the happily overwhelming responses to the original [b]Rambles[/b] thread (found here:
http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=130411&tstart=0&messageID=8107229#8107229 ),
which at this point must be unwieldly for folks to read who have slower internet connections,
I've decided to open up a second thread for future miscellaneous film discussions, chat, etc.

So please feel free to pull up a chair, stool or crate and ramble away! :)

Ha... Just LOOK at you, kid. In here starting a whole new thread while I was typing away in your old one.. ha. I just posted in your "Movie Rambles, Sr" (ha... we can call this one "Rambles, Jr. ha) saying that anytime folks were ready to move on (from DR) to go ahead and ramble away... and YOU already had a crate pulled up to that pot bellied stove just a waitin' for us.. ha. Nice work, youngun'.

It WAS getting crowded in that old thread.. and with so many "buried" chats in there it is almost impossible to find anything anymore. Smart thinkin'.

This will give us a place to start ALL over again on some films and dive into brand new chats as well. :-) Ha.. I wonder HOW many rumbles... I mean rambles we can get going now with so much open SPACE to move around in... ha. :-)

>
> This will give us a place to start ALL over again on some films and dive into brand new chats as well. :-) Ha.. I wonder HOW many rumbles... I mean rambles we can get going now with so much open SPACE to move around in... ha. :-)

Yes! All this real estate to move around in! How do you like our new digs? I thought the "weathered" look gave it a nice "lived in" appeal. :p

[i]How do you like our new digs? I thought the "weathered" look gave it a nice "lived in" appeal[/i].

Ha... I am lovin' it for sure, folksy kinda gal that I am. ha. (Plus.. I am for ANYTHING that looks older and more "weathered" than ME!! ha)

Well, you know, I always find the rustic look to be just too divine! It makes mixing-and-matching
so much easier!

Of course, that is only the interior. This is what the outside of Rambles looks like:

:D :D :D

We needed the space and with the economic conditions being what they are in England,
the Queen Mum said I could have it for a song. (She's not really thrilled with my hill billy
decor, I hear through the grapevine---Ma Joad told me.)

What a grand idea MissGoddess. [u]AND[/u] we still have your other Rambles thread if we need to refer to it.

Aaaaah, rambling by the pot-bellied stove. How American.

Thank you for the new digs. But tell me, who does your lawn??

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}
> Hey! It's my dad, me and my brothers. Naturally, I'm the one without a chair. We're all tired.
>

Poor Chris! Why are you alway chairless? We'll have to see if Ol' Mose will let you have
his seat for a spell.

> Kathy:
>
> They are stocked it you need more rope.

HA!!! I didn't even notice that. Yes, you've got in a supply already, Miss Peacemaker. :D

>
> Thank you for the new digs. But tell me, who does your lawn??

We have FrankGrimes come over once a week. Don't you think his edges are very neatly done? :p

[i]They are stocked it you need more rope.[/i]

Well Glory, Be..ha. THANKS Mr. Movieman for pointing that out for me.. ha. I can always use a new rope around here...ha. PS, sorry to hear you are chairless.. but HEY.. Frank Grimes still has a seat open...right smack there in the MIDDLE (ha.. of course that would be the HOT seat...ha, so you might not want to sit there) ha. :p

PS... April... the Queen Mum is not into "hillbilly decor" ?? Well, doggone. I had her figured all wrong..ha. :-)

But HEY... looks like your new thread will be big hit...ha. Just look at all those folks waiting in line out on the steps to come in and ramble!! :D

What a nice cozy ramblin' room! The rope looks kind of ominous though! Frank does a great job with the lawn too!

I'll fix up a fresh batch of Mad Hat's "all purpose tonic medicine" for those cold nights! :)

>
> I'll fix up a fresh batch of Mad Hat's "all purpose tonic medicine" for those cold nights! :)
>
>

LOL!!

So THAT'S where the still is that Deputy Fife has been huntin' for all these years! In Mad Hat's back yard! :D

I'll find ole Mose and Vic McLaglen and rustle up some moonshine or whiskey for those cold winter nights ahead of us.

Can't sit out on the porch and talk about stuff without a little sum'thin, sum'thin to keep your insides warm.

Least that's what Vic has always taught me.

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}
> I'll find ole Mose and Vic McLaglen and rustle up some moonshine or whiskey for those cold winter nights ahead of us.
>

I do sincerely hope the nights in Los Angeles won't be nearly as cold as those in the rest of the nation (not to mention Canada).

Personally, of course, there's few things as pleasant as cuddling up with a nice, warm blanket and watching TCM until the wee hours of the morning.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}
> I found my room.
>

Ah yes---your room is in the West Wing. The rooms in the West Wing are the best
because they look out onto the sea...

Lynn---I'll take mine neat. :)

Grimesy [u]is[/u] a pretty edgy guy so it's not surprising your lawn's edges look fantastic. Now I don't have a picture of my room, but suffice it to say it has a four poster bed with plenty of blankets, a deep thick rug, and one of the biggest tvs in the manor, for watching TCM.

Go big or go home I always say.

I'll ring for the butler when I'm ready for my food. I .shall be in bed all day with a carafe of wine, watching the dark dramas TCM has for us today. Aaah, old favorites.

Funny, that butler bares a striking resemblance to Richard Egan. :x

Movieman, save me a seat in that screening room. And call me when its EPICS Nite.

>Ah yes---your room is in the West Wing. The rooms in the West Wing are the best
>because they look out onto the sea...

You read my mind!

Photobucket

We call it, Lucy's View..... or Lucia's View depending on who you are....

Your eyes are heavy...you are getting sleepy...relax Otis...and tell me...
where is the still?...it was in the old Rimshaw place...but where is it
now?...Concentrate...you know where the still is now, don't you Otis?
...is it in Mount Pilot or right here in Mayberry?...don't worry, you can
tell your old pal Barn...show me where it is and we can have a little
snort together...Now, if you don't tell old Barn I'll show The Reluctant
Astronaut again...all the way through...Think Otis, where is the still?

> {quote:title=sineast wrote:}{quote}
> Your eyes are heavy...you are getting sleepy...relax Otis...and tell me... where is the still?...it was in the old Rimshaw place...but where is it now?...Concentrate...you know where the still is now, don't you Otis?

Good heavens, now you're making [i]me[/i] sleepy... and also I have to sheepishly admit the reference escapes me at the moment.

Oh, please remind me, what is the movie we're supposed to be discussing right now? I wouldn't want TCMWebAdmin to say the conversation has gone off-topic.

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> Good heavens, now you're making [i]me[/i] sleepy... and also I have to sheepishly admit the reference escapes me at the moment.
>
> Oh, please remind me, what is the movie we're supposed to be discussing right now? I wouldn't want TCMWebAdmin to say the conversation has gone off-topic.

Goodness gracious, it's [i]Seinfeld[/i] all over again. :D Remember a little
old school TV program called [i]The Andy Griffith Show[/i]? And a town
drunk by the name of Otis Campbell, played by Hal Smith? It should
be coming back now. The photo that started off the thread looked like
an outtake from [i]How Green Was My Valley[/i], maybe when the miners
hit the bar after a hard day of work.

Okay Otis...tell me where the still is...I don't want to get rough on you...
Don't make me screen the director's cut of The Ghost and Mr. Chicken...

There's only one way to stop this "off-topic" stuff. Nip it...nip it in the bud.