Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S B (AND WORSE) HORROR MOVIE THREAD

239 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Its hard to imagine a worse filmmaker than Ed Wood Jr., but Coleman Francis wins hands down. This is 54 minutes of your life you wish you could have back.

>

Didn't Tor Johnson's movie career get started thanks to Ed Wood Jr.?

"Please Tor, kill them, before they grow up to be college administrators."

OMG! And yet you're making me want to see this film. Yes, once again...the caps are hilarious.

P.S. ...And yet, I preferred Bruno Samartino.

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > Its hard to imagine a worse filmmaker than Ed Wood Jr., but Coleman Francis wins hands down. This is 54 minutes of your life you wish you could have back.

> >

>

> Didn't Tor Johnson's movie career get started thanks to Ed Wood Jr.?

Actually, Tor had bit parts in quite a few films before Ed Wood made him a household name.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> P.S. ...And yet, I preferred Bruno Samartino.

Me too. He was my favorite when I was a kid.

> Actually, Tor had bit parts in quite a few films before Ed Wood made him a household name.

Wow, I guess he enjoyed a longer career than I had imagined. Hope someday a visionary genius puts together a Tor Johnson retrospective - he's got my vote for most underrrated star of Z-movies, ever!

tor-johnson-1.jpg

"Method? Vat is zee 'method' you speak of?"

MAVEN!!!!! YES! YES! YES! You gave us, also, as Eddie Robinson says to Fred in DOUBLE INDEMNITY, "and, uh, somebody else...", everything we wished for with your supreme opus on WASP WOMAN. Oh, the glory of your magnificent edifice of words, the intensity, passion, personal ruminative deliciousness -- I was the appetizer and you finished up with not only the entree, but the dessert as well! Bravo! I devoured your comments the way transformed Janice did her victims. You now must devote yourself to not only the classics, but to being a regular contributor to this thread and Rich's Sci-Fi one.

Did you ever notice that whenever women in movies say "How old do I look?" they always twirl around? Isn't it only the facial cheeks they are referring to?

For some reason, Michael Mark makes me very uncomfortable. You're so right about his lack of social skills, but he also looks like he's got body odor. I don't know why. And yes, I think as Melina's grandfather he might be guilty of some disgusting thoughts....

I'm a natural brunette, and I've always fantasized about being a blonde, but everybody tells me it just would never be "me". I'm inclined to agree with them. And I'll leave the purple/lavender colors to Liz and Kim.

More, more, more!

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Feb 15, 2010 3:26 PM

If only my Baby Boomer memory didn't fail me on (more than one) occasion, I could relate to you the somewhat risque anecdote I read years ago involving Tor Johnson, Bela Lugosi, and Paul Lukas.

" Oh, the glory of your magnificent edifice of words, the intensity, passion, personal ruminative deliciousness -- I was the appetizer and you finished up with not only the entree, but the dessert as well! Bravo! I devoured your comments the way transformed Janice did her victims. You now must devote yourself to not only the classics, but to being a regular contributor to this thread and Rich's Sci-Fi one." - < Bronxie >

Whose post did you read? Are...you...talking about me? Okay okay, enough with the false modesty. Thank you so much for the compliment, Bronxie. That's high praise coming from you. You and Rich are the pros in this thread your turnaround time is pretty quick. If I were to be a participant here...whew, my head would swim. I'll try and keep up, or maybe come up with a film

on my own.

Thank you so much.

>You and Rich are the pros in this thread your turnaround time is pretty quick. If I were to be a participant here...whew, my head would swim. I'll try and keep up, or maybe come up with a film on my own.

I had a long weekend - otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to keep up myself. It might be a week or more before I do another review, so please jump in anytime.

I know you're kept busy with other threads and movies, so come here when you feel you can, at your leisure and own pace. As Rich says, jump in anytime. I don't think you should worry about turnaround time, should she, Rich? Your opinions are invaluable but not at the expense of you feeling pressured to keep up with everything. So, keep your torches lighted against witches and monsters out there in the dark (also on the screen) and, we'll see you when we see you!

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Feb 16, 2010 12:19 AM

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> I know you're kept busy with other threads and movies, so come here when you feel you can, at your leisure and own pace. As Rich says, jump in anytime. I don't think you should worry about turnaround time, should she, Rich?

No. Keep the thread going (anyone). I'll be busy for awhile anyway, and I need to get to the Sci-Fi thread soon as well.

> No. Keep the thread going (anyone). I'll be busy for awhile anyway, and I need to get to the Sci-Fi thread soon as well.

And all of this, on top of your academic workload... most admirable. ;)

Hey, I'm very slowly working my way through this thread. I like to read them from the beginning (amazing, I know!!) so I haven't caught up yet.

Scsu - Just wanted to jump in and say how much I liked your review of *Astro Zombies*. I was convinced that you said Irwin Corey was the CIA guy.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Scsu - Just wanted to jump in and say how much I liked your review of *Astro Zombies*. I was convinced that you said Irwin Corey was the CIA guy.

Did I say Wendell Corey? I meant Wendell Wilkie.

Thanks for taking the time to read the threads. There is plenty of room down here for everyone.

> Thanks for taking the time to read the threads. There is plenty of room down here for everyone.

Isn't that what the Marx Bros. said about their boat cabin? ;)

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > Thanks for taking the time to read the threads. There is plenty of room down here for everyone.

>

> Isn't that what the Marx Bros. said about their boat cabin? ;)

No, Groucho said "tomorrow you can take the trunk out and I'll go in."

Hi Duchess! I am just catching up on this thread now.

Fun stuff, here...I think you and Rich may have to give the Maven a weekly special guest slot on your show.

And no, I can't picture you as a blonde but I can picture you as Serena. Groovy!

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> A leaking faucet and gurgling sink had me calling Rusty the plumber this past week.

>

> If you remember, he told me he has royal lineage and is an earl. That's not the half of it, which I'll relate in my Mom thread, but what is relevant here is:

>

> One of his relatives was a make-up artist, and in DEATH CURSE OF TARTU played the 300 year old witch doctor.

Oh my goodness! His lineage gets more and more fascinating. Sure you can't marry him?

> You're very welcoming. Both of you.

>

> I will be back.

YAY!!!!!!

>

> Next up...."BLOOD OF DRACULA"

>

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050201/ AND http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi263913753/

Haven't seen this one in some time. I remember that interesting lady teacher....

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Hi Duchess! I am just catching up on this thread now.

Hey, Mrs. D! What a treat to see you around these (body) parts.

>

> Fun stuff, here...I think you and Rich may have to give the Maven a weekly special guest slot on your show.

Oh, most definitely.

>

> And no, I can't picture you as a blonde but I can picture you as Serena. Groovy!

Except I never felt comfortable in go-go boots, lol.

>

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > A leaking faucet and gurgling sink had me calling Rusty the plumber this past week.

> >

> > If you remember, he told me he has royal lineage and is an earl. That's not the half of it, which I'll relate in my Mom thread, but what is relevant here is:

> >

> > One of his relatives was a make-up artist, and in DEATH CURSE OF TARTU played the 300 year old witch doctor.

>

> Oh my goodness! His lineage gets more and more fascinating. Sure you can't marry him?

I can't believe that my plumber is the closest I've ever come to royalty.

Nah, he's taken. But....maybe he's got a single brother....

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > I know you're kept busy with other threads and movies, so come here when you feel you can, at your leisure and own pace. As Rich says, jump in anytime. I don't think you should worry about turnaround time, should she, Rich?

>

> No. Keep the thread going (anyone). I'll be busy for awhile anyway, and I need to get to the Sci-Fi thread soon as well.

Thanks for giving us the thumbs up, Rich.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> >VOODOO WOMAN is a nightmare dreamt by someone who took a pill marked "Stupid".

>

> You are brilliant.

Oh Wendy I'm so happy you saw that review! Thanks! Poor Tom Conway....

>

> Hey, Mrs. D! What a treat to see you around these (body) parts.

> >

Thank you! Now that I have The Vampire Bat in my "queue" I feel like one of the gang(rene)! :P

> > And no, I can't picture you as a blonde but I can picture you as Serena. Groovy!

>

> Except I never felt comfortable in go-go boots, lol.

> >

I don't believe it!

serena-toon.jpg

> I can't believe that my plumber is the closest I've ever come to royalty.

>

> Nah, he's taken. But....maybe he's got a single brother....

Now you're thinking!