Sign in to follow this  
TCMFilmFestival

You have questions. We have answers.

17 posts in this topic

In response to several posts from fans on these message boards and through inquiries at the TCM Classic Film Festival website, we?d like to answer some reoccurring questions. As a friendly reminder, many answers are available at the FAQ section of our site at: http://www.tcm.com/festival.'>http://www.tcm.com/festival.'>http://www.tcm.com/festival.

*Q: Are hotel accommodations included in the price of the pass?*

Hotel accommodations are not included in the price of passes, but the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel is our official hotel partner and our festival headquarters. It is conveniently located across the street from Grauman's Chinese and three blocks from the Egyptian Theatre. To book accommodations at special TCM Classic Film Festival rates, please contact the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel at 1-800-950-7667. Be sure to mention you are attending the festival to receive these rates.

*Q: When is the rest of the film schedule going to be released?*

We?re as excited as you are to see what our programmers come up with for our first event! While fans can expect many program announcements in the coming months, the final Festival program will be released closer to the Festival. Festival attendees can anticipate an assortment of classic, rare and restored programming similar to what they've come to expect of TCM on television. To get programming updates as they are announced, please make sure to register your email address at http://www.tcm.com/festival.

*Q: Why aren?t seats guaranteed if I buy a pass?*

Though the total number of passes issued will not exceed the total number of seats available, there will be multiple screenings happening concurrently during the festival. As all seating is general admission, this means there may be occasions when the number of passholders who would like to see a specific screening exceeds the venue capacity for that screening. For this reason, TCM cannot guarantee seating to each individual screening, and encourages passholders to arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their desired show. The one exception to this is the opening night gala screening of A STAR IS BORN, which is reserved for Essential and Spotlight passholders, who have purchased a pass that gives them admission to this event. In the event that venue capacity is reached at other individual events, passholders who do not get in could attend a concurrently scheduled event in a neighboring venue. Also, please note that TCM will be offering some repeat screenings of some films. However, since the final program is to be determined, we cannot say which films will or will not receive additional screenings.

*Q: Why are passes so expensive?*

We certainly understand that the pass prices for the Festival may be a point of concern for some fans. The pricing for the Festival passes was set based on a number of factors, and is in line with festivals of similar size and caliber. We believe that they provide a good value for the type of unique experiences that we will be offering at the Festival. A TCM Classic Film Festival pass will not only admit the bearer to a choice of over 50 screenings, all introduced by special guests, but will also provide exclusive admission to panels, presentations, receptions, and other unique experiences at ?Club TCM?, the headquarters located at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, for classic movie lovers. Most importantly, we are excited about creating a four-day community of people who love classic movies. In appreciation for the support of our most dedicated fans, we are offering $100 off of each pass purchase through December 18th, the ?TCM Fanatic Special?.

*Q: Which version of A STAR IS BORN (1954) will you be screening on Opening Night?*

Attendees will see the premiere of the most completely restored film print available anywhere. For those hoping to see the near mythical version of the film with the missing scenes finally returned to George Cukor?s classic, please know that TCM is with you. We want to see it too. While we?re making every effort to secure the premiere of the definitive ?complete? version for our fans, we cannot guarantee it. What we can guarantee, however, is that attendees will see Judy Garland and James Mason re-mastered in all of their Cinemascope glory. Using state of the art digital scanning unavailable at the film?s last restoration in 1983, this latest version of the film offers a depth of color and clarity of picture not seen onscreen in over 50 years.

Will we be able to meet certain TCM guests? One in particular I thought was interesting was the girl who had the TCM tatoo on her arm. I think her name was Kim Punkrock?

Um, I didn't know where else to post this, I hope this is the right forum.

Um, (I know, I already said that...) you guys might want to look at other message boards like v-bulletin.

This board you have here needs a bit of work.

For instance, every board I've been on has the #1 page displaying the first post, not the latest post...

They don't have the thread starter on the last page, you guys are bass-ack, well, you get my drift...

Maybe I start a thread with a snappy threader-header like this...

famousfaces-hdr.gif

This is like page 1 of a book, do you start a book at the last page?

Well no one else does either.

Also... got smilies...?

Thx Trilly-160-icon_santa.gif

Edited by: Thx on Dec 31, 2009 1:03 PM

Edited by: Thx on Dec 31, 2009 1:06 PM

*"Um, I didn't know where else to post this, I hope this is the right forum."* - Thx

Not really but I'll respond here for you.

The default page/post layout was a decided by this community here which wished to have the most recent posts on the first page of a thread. But you are able to change the display properties to read in "reverse" order through your "Control Panel" (Right there on the right side of the page below the "Welcome Thx")

"Smilies" work in here for many other posters. Don't use them myself so I don't know the code necessary - but others do. Keep trying.

If you have other concerns or questions about the Forums, use the "General Issues" Forum in the Tech Issues section. (Just below where you found this Forum) This is a Forum dedicated to questions about the upcoming TCM Film Festival in Hollywood next April.

Kyle In Hollywood

Oh thank you, I'm kind of new and haven't been in my control panel yet. I'll change that setting so it will be like every other message board on the net.

Smilies...

:), :(, :rolleyes:, :eek:

Some boards have a table where they are displayed, I guess it's hit and miss here?

Thx :)

I am so sorry to say this...

You have a wonderful channel TCM, but the worst message board I have ever come across.

Have your IT people go out and explore the net.

It ain't like this.

Sorry, but you have a genuine "dumb headed" board here, what a pathetic waste.

Educate your IT people for our sake or get some that know what they're doing.

Pffft.

Thx

Thx,

As Kyle tried to point out, this forum *is dedicated to the upcoming Film Festival in April* and this thread is supposed to be about questions and concerns that posters thinking of or planning on attending might have.

Your latest post or any subsequent posts regarding the message board need to be in the Tech Forum (just below this one) where you will find that you are not alone in your dissatisfaction of the software that runs this message board.

Another question-

Will the *A Star is Born* screening be the first one on Thursday, or will there be others that day as well?

Any chance Erik Preminger can introduce *Laura*?

Any chance Isabella Rossellini can introduce *Casablanca*?

Dear TCMFF,

Seems like questions are piling up, so I'll try and make this brief.

On you Feb. 10th press release, you said that the restored version of The Big Trail (1930) being shown at the festival would be a "premiere".

So does this mean that this is not the same restoration that was shown at the MOMA in the 1980s? Because that one has already been shown to the public, so it would not be a premiere if shown at the TCM festival.

Hope you can clear this up for some folks who've been wondering.

HollywoodGolightly,

An error has been made in our description of the film- you are correct, the film is not a premiere. Thank you for contacting us concerning this information.

TCMFF

Is Moira Finnie, from "The Movie Morlocks" Fame going to attend or present? She is certainly one of our most esteemed writers.