Sign in to follow this  
ziggyelman

How about a new Pre Code photo thread????

203 posts in this topic

Great photo Tracey! I was so proud of myself....I looked and thought, I know that's Cooper, but is that Tallulah Bankhead?? I was right! Very proud moment in my life! ;)

heh...screwed up...put up the same Carole Lombard images as on the first post! Oh well, some older Lillian Roth images I uploaded awhile ago....

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jun 29, 2010 3:04 AM

To quote Gary Cooper: Yup.

The film is The Devil and the Deep which also starred Charles Laughton and a young Cary Grant.

> {quote:title=Scottman wrote:}{quote}

> Lillian Roth is one of my favorites of the early '30s. :x

> Thanks for posting these pix!

Scottman, I like her a lot too! :) I have a Cd of a LP she did in the 50's. Her voice was quite different, but still quite nice. Tried to put up some pics I saw on an other forum, but just couldn't figure out how to do them here...so dug around 79 pages of images I have uploaded, and found a few more of her.

Prince, I will look around for First National era Thelma.

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

ImageBam image upload

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jul 2, 2010 9:37 AM

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jul 2, 2010 9:38 AM

> {quote:title=ziggyelman wrote:}{quote}

> Scottman, I like her a lot too! :) I have a Cd of a LP she did in the 50's. Her voice was quite different, but still quite nice.

>

Thanks for all the great Lillian Roth pictures! She's one of my all-time favorite movie ladies, too.

In addition to many stills of her, I also have several of her records. She made two LP's in the 1950's: "I'll Cry Tomorrow" on the Epic label, and "Lillian Roth Sings" on the Tops label (released on CD in 1998 as "Beyond My Worth"). Also an EP on the Coral label (the songs included also being released on 78 and 45 RPM's).

She made another album in 1975 called "The Way We Were: A Musical Autobiography" that I have on a 1985 LP (possibly its first release).

Keep the Lillian Roth pictures coming!

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> Don't miss the fun Lillian Roth short MASKS AND MEMORIES (1934) on TCM early Monday morning.

Isn't that the one where she sings "Sophisticated Lady" ?

> {quote:title=Scottman wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> > Don't miss the fun Lillian Roth short MASKS AND MEMORIES (1934) on TCM early Monday morning.

>

> Isn't that the one where she sings "Sophisticated Lady" ?

>

Yes, that's the one!

I missed it! :( I tried but DISH ussumed there was a 6 hour movie on, then that there wasn't, so to heck with what I told it to record...sigh....

Can't get photobucket to do what I ask of it either, so back to small thumbs...

More Carole Lombard

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

A nice Lombard photo display, including several images I've never seen before (and since I've been a CL fan for several decades, that's saying something!). Thanks.

What I said about Lombard also applies to Harlow. Excellent job! (Now if we could only find a photo of them together, a holy grail for fans of both stars. It's odd one hasn't surfaced because they were good friends and socialized on occasion.)

Glad everyone enjoyed the photos I found on the web! :)

VP, that's interesting, you would think there would be one photo of them together at a premiere, somewhere!

Now for some well, I was going to put up some interesting Myrna Loy images, then saw I had already put them up! D'oh!

Oh well, some naughty chorus gals, and some fairly well known ladies in the last two, which I downloaded so long ago, I can't remember their names!!! Anyone know who they are????

ImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image upload

Edited by: ziggyelman on Aug 28, 2010 6:14 AM