Sign in to follow this  
ziggyelman

How about a new Pre Code photo thread????

203 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=ziggyelman wrote:}{quote}

>

> Oh well, some naughty chorus gals, and some fairly well known ladies in the last two, which I downloaded so long ago, I can't remember their names!!! Anyone know who they are????

>

> ImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image upload

>

I know what the last two are from, but just to be complete, I'll identify all of them:

DIPLOMANIACS (1933) - Wheeler & Woolsey.

PALMY DAYS (1931) - Eddie Cantor, Charlotte Greenwood, unidentified chorus girls.

WONDER BAR (1934) - two unidentified chorus girls.

DAMES (1934) - Hugh Herbert, Guy Kibbee, unidentified chorus girls.

HOT FOR PARIS (1930) - Polly Moran, Fifi D'Orsay.

HOT FOR PARIS (1930) - El Brendel, Victor McLaglen, unidentified chorus girls.

> Sally Blane, Loretta Young's sis as many of you know....

>

Thanks SO MUCH for all the beautiful Sally Blane photos!

I've always been a much bigger fan of hers than of her famous sister's.

> {quote:title=PrinceSaliano wrote:}{quote}

> Any pics of Gloria Stuart from her rare Universal films???

A pretty tough request! I found her Universal films mentioned around 2 of the images, but don't know for certain they are from them...the first image is from a Universal film the Gift of Gab, Ruth Etting is the other gal.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Musical Novelty, thanks for the thanks and for the id'ing of those films! Sure hope that someday some of the more obscure films will run on TCM.

> > {quote:title=PrinceSaliano wrote:}{quote}

> > Any pics of Gloria Stuart from her rare Universal films???

> A pretty tough request! I found her Universal films mentioned around 2 of the images, but don't know for certain they are from them...the first image is from a Universal film the Gift of Gab, Ruth Etting is the other gal.

>

> imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

>

> Musical Novelty, thanks for the thanks and for the id'ing of those films! Sure hope that someday some of the more obscure films will run on TCM.

imagebam.com

> Glad everyone enjoyed the photos I found on the web! :)

> VP, that's interesting, you would think there would be one photo of them together at a premiere, somewhere!

>

> Now for some well, I was going to put up some interesting Myrna Loy images, then saw I had already put them up! D'oh!

>

> Oh well, some naughty chorus gals, and some fairly well known ladies in the last two, which I downloaded so long ago, I can't remember their names!!! Anyone know who they are????

>

> ImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image upload

>

> Edited by: ziggyelman on Aug 28, 2010 6:14 AM

Would have been nice if you mentioned that all these pictures came from [www.elbrendel.com]

Edited by: milkshakesmania on Oct 20, 2010 1:07 PM

Precode Marlene

Shanghai Marlene:

shanghaidietrich.jpg

shanghaidietich2.jpg

Hot Voodoo Marlene:

hotvoodoomarlene.jpg

venusmarlene.jpg

Song of Songs

favemarlene.jpg

It's ok; it's artistic :

songofsongs.jpg

Of course Marlene managed to look Precode no matter when:

dietrichcollage2.jpg

can anyone out there publish the outscenes of mata hari....there are stills from the uncut version before the code butchered it, they are stills of Garbo in a see through negligee, if someone could post these pics, it would be an eye opener to many of our folks on this forum,

i do not have the capability myself to post these stills, but if anyone out there could do them, it would be a real awakenening!

Out of curiosity, has The Great Divide (1929) ever been shown on TCM? It's an interesting cast in this western with Myrna Loy and Ian Keith playing different characters than we are accustomed to seeing from them.

IMG_0240.JPG

> {quote:title=metsfan wrote:}{quote}

> Out of curiosity, has The Great Divide (1929) ever been shown on TCM? It's an interesting cast in this western with Myrna Loy and Ian Keith playing different characters than we are accustomed to seeing from them.

>

It's been years, but yes, it's been shown on TCM.

Well, everythings been changed up since I last posted an image...can I do it anymore???

EDIT, nope, I guess not! It even draws a line thru it, sweet! :|

[99cb02139111260[img|http://forums.tcm.com/]http://thumbnails53.imagebam.com/13912/99cb02139111260.jpg]|http://thumbnails53.imagebam.com/13912/99cb02139111260.jpg

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jul 4, 2011 2:11 AM

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jul 4, 2011 2:14 AM

so, the trick is to edit/paste links in the "plain text" tab,, not "rich text" Wish it was posted somewheres....if it is, I apologize. Oh, and I edit a post the images get screwy until I re-post links...very weird!

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com