Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S B (AND WORSE) SCI-FI THREAD

183 posts in this topic

"Now using the alias ?The Notorious B.I.G,? the giant heads for Griffith Park, where he picks up a busload of kids on a fieldtrip to the observatory. Wait until you see the expressions on the faces of James Dean, Sal Mineo, and Natalie Wood." - < scsu1975 >

I howled at that. You truly are hilarious! :D The photo captions...brilliant!! Now turn over.

?...and count me in if we're starting a Professor fan club.? - < JackFavell>

Wellllll, we could start with a lovely picture of the sandy-haired brunette...

?I fancy Edward Arnold, Orson Welles and Burl Ives as "Big Daddy". But the Skipper? No. Nice guy and probably would make a much nicer husband than the Professor who'd always be wrapped up in his test tubes, but no...? - < MissGoddess>

Aaaaaah haaaa. I see you like the bad boyz of chubby-dom.

?I'm not sure even the Republicans' constant No No No-ing is going to stop all of these monsters. (You'd think a few of these creatures would take some of them away, eh? I'm all for sacrificing politicians into some volcano, but those gods still seem to prefer virgins or goats or something else. Darn.)? - < OllieT >

That might not be such a good idea, especially for the crabs to eat politicians. Can you just imagine hearing those voices and lies be spouted from a multi-legged creature? Wait, that'd be art imitating life imitating art imitating the Message Board.

I gotta go and get my bathing suit. I've got some monsters to entice!!!

>

> Wellllll, we could start with a lovely picture of the sandy-haired brunette...

>

See my TV shows thread!

> I fancy Edward Arnold, Orson Welles and Burl Ives as "Big Daddy". But the Skipper? No. Nice guy and probably would make a much nicer husband than the Professor who'd always be wrapped up in his test tubes, but no... - < MissGoddess>

>

> Aaaaaah haaaa. I see you like the bad boyz of chubby-dom.

>

Yes, I wonder what Doctor Bronxie will make of that. When they're fit and slim, I like them noble, when they're chubby, I like them naughty. Hmmmm....

Rich, the venerable distributor, Cheezy Flicks, has a new serial coming to DVD in May you may want to check out:

http://www.classicflix.com/serial-monster-a-701.html

Ve vill delve into your attractions in a minute, meine Leibe fraulein, but first, allow me to introduce you all to my number one chubby crush, Meat Loaf as Eddie in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. For some reason, he just turns me on -- the voice, the song itself, his cool, graceful moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz99mdwojgo

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Mar 24, 2010 9:00 PM

> Yes, I wonder what Doctor Bronxie will make of that. When they're fit and slim, I like them noble, when they're chubby, I like them naughty. Hmmmm....

Is the couch comfortable? Good, let us begin....a man who is noble in character for you needs to have the outward equivalent in appearance by being proportionate and fair-featured; either average size or smaller suggests a refined, delicate, sensitive male nature, but perhaps ironically not so emotionally outgoing, and possibly needs drawing out.

This knight in shining armor will defend your honor and love you forever, but outward shows of affection may need some nudging. This individual loves the world but needs to be reminded to show more of it to his beloved.

When your man is chubby, he is "colorful" with his emotions -- they are all over the place, sometimes violently, malevolently. He will always let you know how he feels and won't hide behind his size. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and isn't particularly delicate about his appetites. He' s not really a loveable bad boy.

So, in either case I would say, you are attracted to emotionally distant men who are either thin or fat.

But pity me -- I HAVE NOW BECOME ATTRACTED TO CURD JURGENS.

I think I need someone to analyze ME.

P.S. My Uncle George looks just like Alan Hale, Jr.

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > Russell Johnson was kind of a nerdy hunk, wasn't he? I used to watch Gilligan's Island just for him, lol.

> >

>

> Oh my goodness, it's nice to know I am not the only one.

And I'm sure we're not the only ones! I loved his crinkly, craggy looking eyes. I could see myself with him on that island like irene Dunne and Randolph Scott in MY FAVORITE WIFE, only with more romantic and sensual implications.

>

>

> > It's pretty arid here in Boca, men-wise. I'd even consider going out on a date with a French-accented crab.

>

> Do you have any prejudices against French-accented crustaceans of another species?

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrIBut8Fo8

HAHAHA! No, the only aversion I have is towards hairy-nosed drooly old **** men with laundry baskets.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Ve vill delve into your attractions in a minute, meine Leibe fraulein, but first, allow me to introduce you all to my number one chubby crush, Meat Loaf as Eddie in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. For some reason, he just turns me on -- the voice, the song itself, his cool, graceful moves:

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz99mdwojgo

>

I'm speechless!

He looked a lot like Duane!

> Is the couch comfortable? Good, let us begin....a man who is noble in character for you needs to have the outward equivalent in appearance by being proportionate and fair-featured; either average size or smaller suggests a refined, delicate, sensitive male nature, but perhaps ironically not so emotionally outgoing, and possibly needs drawing out.

Nooooo! Not delicate! Not small! Nooooo! Slim is okay, but big and tall. Who cares about emotions!? :D

> This knight in shining armor will defend your honor and love you forever, but outward shows of affection may need some nudging. This individual loves the world but needs to be reminded to show more of it to his beloved.

>

No he can't love the world! He must love MOI MOI MOI and only MOI. Well, moi and himself.

> When your man is chubby, he is "colorful" with his emotions -- they are all over the place, sometimes violently, malevolently. He will always let you know how he feels and won't hide behind his size. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and isn't particularly delicate about his appetites. He' s not really a loveable bad boy.

>

As long as he chokes me in fur and diamonds.

> So, in either case I would say, you are attracted to emotionally distant men who are either thin or fat.

>

Lol!! That I am afraid is true. Thank you for the analysis Doctor, I may have to come back if I find myself obsessing over Daniel Webster.

> But pity me -- I HAVE NOW BECOME ATTRACTED TO CURD JURGENS.

>

> I think I need someone to analyze ME.

>

Hahahaaa! Well, it's a cultural step up from Duane. And he can sing! That combines the talents of Meatloaf with Euro-Suavity.

> P.S. My Uncle George looks just like Alan Hale, Jr.

Does he like to sail?

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > Ve vill delve into your attractions in a minute, meine Leibe fraulein, but first, allow me to introduce you all to my number one chubby crush, Meat Loaf as Eddie in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. For some reason, he just turns me on -- the voice, the song itself, his cool, graceful moves:

> >

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz99mdwojgo

> >

>

> I'm speechless!

>

> He looked a lot like Duane!

Yes. See, if Duane could sing, he'd be perfect.

> > Is the couch comfortable? Good, let us begin....a man who is noble in character for you needs to have the outward equivalent in appearance by being proportionate and fair-featured; either average size or smaller suggests a refined, delicate, sensitive male nature, but perhaps ironically not so emotionally outgoing, and possibly needs drawing out.

>

> Nooooo! Not delicate! Not small! Nooooo! Slim is okay, but big and tall. Who cares about emotions!? :D

You like Men of the West.

>

> > This knight in shining armor will defend your honor and love you forever, but outward shows of affection may need some nudging. This individual loves the world but needs to be reminded to show more of it to his beloved.

> >

>

> No he can't love the world! He must love MOI MOI MOI and only MOI. Well, moi and himself.

LOL, How'm I doin'?

>

>

> > When your man is chubby, he is "colorful" with his emotions -- they are all over the place, sometimes violently, malevolently. He will always let you know how he feels and won't hide behind his size. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and isn't particularly delicate about his appetites. He' s not really a loveable bad boy.

> >

>

> As long as he chokes me in fur and diamonds.

You're definitely not dreaming of bratwurst and a beer.

>

> > So, in either case I would say, you are attracted to emotionally distant men who are either thin or fat.

> >

>

> Lol!! That I am afraid is true. Thank you for the analysis Doctor, I may have to come back if I find myself obsessing over Daniel Webster.

Ah, a bullseye!

But, wait a minute....I've got the warmies for Daniel, too!

>

>

> > But pity me -- I HAVE NOW BECOME ATTRACTED TO CURD JURGENS.

> >

> > I think I need someone to analyze ME.

> >

>

> Hahahaaa! Well, it's a cultural step up from Duane. And he can sing! That combines the talents of Meatloaf with Euro-Suavity.

LOL -- I'm not even minding the lizard eyes anymore.

I need help.

>

> > P.S. My Uncle George looks just like Alan Hale, Jr.

>

> Does he like to sail?

He does like the water!

The Beast with a Million Eyes (1955)
Directed by David Kramarsky

This is an incredibly dull mess. Paul Birch stars as a rancher living out in the desert with his wife (Lorna Thayer), daughter (Dona Cole), and handyman (who cares). The first 10 minutes or so are a waste, as we learn about the family squabbles. The remaining 68 minutes are a bigger waste. This movie seems to have been made up as it went along.

Thayer hears a strange high-pitched noise flying over the house. Her coffee pot breaks and her dishes are shattered. It gets worse for Thayer. The producers must have had it in for her, because she is attacked by the family dog, assaulted by the family chickens, and mooed by Chester Conklin's cow. (After the chicken attack, Birch suggests they have some coffee.) She is cranky throughout the movie. This may explain why she was cast as the waitress who gave Jack Nicholson such a hard time when he tried to order some food substitutes in Five Easy Pieces.

Deputy Dick Sargent, pre-"Bewitched," arrives on the scene and demonstrates he is about as smart as a Keystone Kop (oh wait, that was Conklin's gig.) Sargent has eyes for Cole, who sounds like Betty Hutton but acts like Betty Boop.

The handyman has a single-digit IQ and spends a lot of time looking at girlie magazines. Odd how these guys are never caught reading "Popular Mechanics" or "Field & Stream."

We learn eventually that an alien is turning all the animals against the humans (at least, the few humans dumb enough to appear in this film). We actually get to see the alien at about the 70-minute mark, and he is about as scary as Topo Gigio. I also counted two eyes, if anyone is keeping score. But I suppose I could have missed the other 999,998.

The lowlight of this epic is when Conklin is attacked by his own cow, in a case of udder destruction.

In the end, the alien is defeated by strong love and a weak script. However, he is immediately hired by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer to patrol the border.

Paul Birch shows off his latest hobby ... painting with propane.
DD3kXHG.jpg

Cecil Kellaway ... the farm years.
h70cAY5.jpg

Democratic strategist Bob Beckel gets excited over Obama's stimulus package.
pxWZWaq.jpg

"You misunderstood me. I said my wife was a real witch."
4o6w05Z.jpg

"There. I think I've got it on straight now."
4q3XCUu.jpg

"You know, these birds are really starting to **** me off!"
E8W9ZSS.jpg

Another classic review, Rich!!! I wrote something on this stinker somewhere but as usual don't quite know where...

Did Lorna Thayer hold those chickens between her knees?

> Did Lorna Thayer hold those chickens between her knees?

No, because it was not a kneesy thing to do.

A man after my own punny heart.

Poor Lorna. Frankly I'd rather deal with a horde of space aliens than a hungry and p.o.'d Jack Nicholson.

>Frankly I'd rather deal with a horde of space aliens than a hungry and p.o.'d Jack Nicholson.

Or a **** Jack Nicholson.

I really thought that was Charley Grapewin when he decided to return to Hooterville's Vaudeville circuit with his once-famous bucket-juggling act.

This is also one of those great film posters that makes me wonder, "If those poster girls wouldn't be splayed out on the ground in their nighties, would Earth ever suffer such invasions and calamities?"

Hahahaaa! I've missed these reviews. Attacked by chickens and cows. Well, they no doubt have their reasons to seek revenge against us. ha.

> Did Lorna Thayer hold those chickens between her knees?

It was a popular form of contraception, in the years before the pill.

The Snow Creature (1954)
Directed by W. Lee Wilder

This is from the same crew who brought us the classic Killers From Space. The results are the same. It stinks.

Paul Langton plays a botanist doing research in the Himalayas. His guide's wife is carried off by some kind of creature. The guide claims it was a Yeti. So the cast spend the next 40 minutes searching for her and for the plot. They finally find a Yeti in a cave and capture it. Now it's back to California. What could possibly go wrong?

The creature is FedEx'd overnight in a Frigidaire. Then bureaucracy sets it. In what is certainly one of the most ridiculous scenes in filmdom, an immigration official attempts to decide whether the thing is a "creature" or a "man." Anything to slow down the already snail-paced film. This is just an excuse to give Rudolph Anders a bit part. He plays a doctor (not a Nazi for a change) who wants to study the creature's brain to determine if it is man or beast. Look, here's an idea. Just ship it to Arizona next time.

Of course, the creature breaks out of the freezer and wanders around aimlessly. We hear a scream or two off camera, and we get to see the creature approach the camera, then back away, at least 500 times. Well, this is one way to save money. Just shoot one scene, and play it forwards and backwards as often as you can. The filmmakers even recycle some background music from The Adventures of Superman.

The Yeti looks a little like The Thing, but with more fur and less acting ability. Eventually, Frosty is snared in the storm drains after he assaults Ed Norton, engineer in subterranean sanitation.

William Phipps plays Lt. Dunbar, whose wife is expecting. This provides the only suspense in the movie. Will it be a boy, girl, or "do no wish to respond?" Later, Lt. Dunbar is shot down over Germany, is thrown into Stalag 17, but breaks out with the help of William Holden.

This film is abominable in every way.

How not to sleep with a gun.
vx9Z7X4.jpg

Walt Disney arrives in California.
9YIr6vV.jpg

Lady, sucking your thumb is bad enough, but you're way too old to be
playing with those blocks.
vStKfz4.jpg

"Sorry, pal. You're just not right for the Tea Time Movie. Who's next? That Carson kid?"
HWkWf0Y.jpg

"Made it, Ma! Top of the Himalayas!"
o9TWUBC.jpg

Fed up with viewer complaints that they are showing too many new movies, TCM fights back.
CtlHixw.jpg

Oooh, THE SNOW CREATURE! This is another I've never seen.

Wasn't Paul Langton the uptight rich guy on the t.v. version of PEYTON PLACE?