Sign in to follow this  
Im4movies2

Bring Back Cartoon Alley

15 posts in this topic

I heard about the dispute that certain studios had with TCM about the rights to show their cartoon features. Why not show those that are not in dispute. It isn't possible that all cartoons are involved. Please bring back Cartoon Alley in some format even if it's once a month.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there should be a big legal deal. The Turner networks have been showing vintage MGM and WB cartoons ever since he bought their libraries in the 1980s. I'd add my name to a Cartoon Alley petition in a heartbeat.

three and maybe four cheers for that idea.

why replace something historic to our culture with something vapid and pointless just to move plastic merchandise which seems to be the sole purpose or cartoons nowadays.

bring back the good stuff so that animators and admirers can revel in the glory of artistic quality.

I definitely agree.

Sadly, Cartoon Alley happened during a period when I didn't have cable, so I didn't get to see any of it.

I do love classic animation and would love to see a comeback now that I can.

Add me to the list to those who want to see cartoon alley back. But I have to add this I have Leonard Maltin's Book of Mice and Magic which is about animation here in America and the number of cartoons that have not been seen any where in years is a shock to say the least.

Yes. Please bring back Cartoon Alley. It was and is a necessary part of cinema history. In the mean time I discovered many classical cartoons on Youtube and on dvdsets you can purchase on sale at Amazon. Before watching any film from my collection when not watching TCM I pick a cartoon from that year and watch it before the film to give me the experience of movie going from way back when.