Sign in to follow this  
mariaconz

Please convert classic comedies to DVD

2 posts in this topic

I saw "The Wrong Box" in the theaters of Ithaca, New York years ago and I passionately want the movie converted to DVD. In my opinion, it's a seamless masterpiece of British comedy with Michael Caine, Peter Sellers, Ralph Richardson, John Mills, Dudley Moore, Peter Cook, Nanette Newman, Wilfred Lawson, and Tony Hancock. It was directed by Bryan Forbes.

Leonard Maltin has "The Wrong Box" pegged at three and a half stars (out of four) in his 2009 movie guide, but fails to list "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" in that guide, although it is another Peter Sellers classic (Sellers plays three different parts to perfection) and includes George C. Scott, a gum-chewing general in the U.S. War Room with a mistress-as-receptionist on the side. We should not let these brilliant Sellers movies with all-star casts to disappear from our collective cultural memory.

Maria,

You might have more luck posting this in the "Favorites"" forum. This forum is for questions and concerns for the upcoming TCM Film Festival later this spring.