Sign in to follow this  
pastdue74

spotlight pass or Roosvelt Hotel

4 posts in this topic

Should I get the spotlight pass and stay at a less expensive motel or get the Roosvelt Hotel and the less expensive film festival pass?? I can't do both...Just way to much money. I plan to drive from Las Vegas so I will have a car. I gotta come tho, been watching TCM when they only had 3 movies!!! Robert and I have spent 15 of so New Years together and oh the stories I could tell...

I had to make that decision, too. I chose to get an Essential pass and stay at the Roosevelt, because I like the idea of being close to everything. It'll be nice to attend a poolside screening and know that if it gets cold, I can run upstairs for a sweater. If a heel breaks off my shoe, I won't have to hobble very far to change into another pair.The Spotlight pass offers some lovely social events, but I'm most interested in the screenings. I'm pretty shy, too, so even if I had a Spotlight pass, I would hate to ask for priority seating and pass by other pass holders at events.

Having said that, there are plenty of cheaper (and probably much quieter) hotels in the area, and the Spotlight pass will give you access to absolutely everything. In particular, the Saturday morning breakfast with Robert Osborne sounds super fun.

Whichever pass you buy, it will be a great weekend. Let us know which one you choose!

Hi! Thanks for the advice!! I am going to get the Essentials Pass and stay somewhere else as well. There seems to be alot of chatter about Riff Raff on some of the other posts....Guess that would include me !! Uncle Sam pays me soon, then I will book. In the meantime. if anyone knows a less expensive option for lodging within walking distance of the happenings, please let me know.