Sign in to follow this  
lzcutter

[b]Voting Thread for the 15th Program Challenge[/b]

106 posts in this topic

If this is open to the public, after close scrutiny, I vote for LonesomePolecat...

Sincerely,

Jake Holman

Hey Jake,

Yes, the voting is open to the public. Anyone can vote as long as they were registered a member of the

TCM message boards on or before Dec. 1st, 2009.

The only exception to that rule is if you participate in the Challenge. For example, SansFin registered on this site after the Dec. 1, 2009 date but because he participated in the Challenge, he is eligible to vote.

You can vote in this thread or by sending me a PM.

The Voting Booth will stay open until Midnight (PST) on Wednesday, Feb. 17th (as Wednesday rolls into Thursday).

After that, the votes will be tallied and a winner announced.

The winner will host the next Programming Challenge sometime this Spring.

3 for Audreyforever

2 for CountessDelave

2 for LonesomePolecat

1 for Sansfin

1 for Fedya

1 for Filmlover

1 for Movieman1957

1 for Capuchin

Lynn, you've done an excellent job as moderator on this challenge. All the choices are so staggeringly interesting, well-researched, and entertaining. I think because of all of my personal favorites, and the notes concerning the arrangement of the schedule, I vote for:

SANSFIN

As it is my tradition, here are the make-believe Now Playing covers I have created based on the different entries:

My (filmlover) schedule:

4360758558_10e2cdd424.jpg

Audreyforever's schedule:

4360758602_0d71fe151f.jpg

Fedya's schedule:

4360758634_3346fe4b95.jpg

CountessDelave's schedule:

4360017223_2d6e20223b.jpg

LonesomePolecat's schedule:

4360017311_da1276215f.jpg

Kingrat's schedule:

4360758842_2d5327c73e.jpg

Movieman1957's schedule:

4360758894_cbd4ed54f7.jpg

Fredmill's schedule:

4360759094_d76a6dce39.jpg

Sanfins' schedule:

4360017443_f3c26c97e1.jpg

Capuchin's schedule (Cap, I decided to go with Mifune as most people never see him - as himself):

4360759006_3d11ec94ab.jpg

Jake,

Thank you ever so much for voting for me! How kind of you!

and

Filmlover,

I love those covers! Hurray for Ward Bond! I think my favorite cover is that wonderful picture you found of Laurel and Hardy. Awesome! And that picture of Paulette is gorgeous. What movie is that from?

Thank you for voting for me SueSueApplegate.

I feel guilty. You mention the notes. I had to cheat on them. For the Sunday-day: I wrote it then had it translated into English. -I read English well. I am not so good writing it.-

Thank you for the cover Filmlover.

You choose a very nice picture of her. I also very much like the picture you choose for Capuchins' cover. It is not common to see Toshiro that way.

Latest Tally (keep those PMs coming, folks):

3 for Audreyforever

2 for CountessDelave

2 for LonesomePolecat

2 for Sansfin

2 for Movieman1957

1 for Fedya

1 for Filmlover

1 for Capuchin

Keep those votes coming folks! Wednesday night at midnight will be here before you know it!

To all who have voted, thank you so much!

Edited by: lzcutter on Feb 15, 2010 6:52 PM

>Jake,

>Thank you ever so much for voting for me! How kind of you!

You are welcome and it is obvious you put some time into the project and many of your selections I would watch in true life.

And, that's really what a programmer is paid for...

OH! I cast my vote to AudreyForever!

I really love your Salute's to Larry Olivier, Henry Fonda, Maureen O' Sullivan, and Jimmy Durante! Great choices for all the movies! They are more of the fluffy feel good movies with a little music every now and then. I absolutely love it!

Has TCM played Third Finger, Left Hand yet? It's one of my top favorite Myrna Loy movies! I haven't seen it on here yet. I hope it plays!

I looooooove your list Audreyforever! You did an excellent job!

Filmlover, thanks so much for the covers. The Jennifer Jones cover is perfect for my schedule. Love the Laurel and Hardy!

There's about 38 hours left for voting! The Voting Booth is open until midnight, Wednesday night (PST) as Wednesday rolls into Thursday for inquiring minds.

You can vote here in this thread or you can vote by sending me a PM. But, I do hope you will vote.

The winner gets to host/moderate the next Programming Challenge later this Spring.

The lastest talley:

4 for Audreyforever

3 for Movieman1957

2 for CountessDelave

2 for LonesomePolecat

2 for Sansfin

2 for Capuchin

1 for Fedya

1 for Filmlover

I just got back into town and there's so much to catch up with. I will be deciding my favorite schedule very soon. I need to go through all of the terrific entries again.

In the meantime, thank you filmlover, for the beautiful Now Playing covers!

Since you posted your schedule at the very end of the Challenge thread, I hadn't yet commented on a few of your highlights. I'll do it now. I liked your take on the food theme very much, *Reign, Reign, Go Away* and *Twilight for the Gods* (very clever tribute to the final films of major stars). I especially liked your Monday programming-it flowed so nicely from *Kenneth More* films, *England to France*, *SOM: Brigitte Bardot* and ending with a Jeanne Moreau film. Great job!

Everyone did such a great job this year! I have been going over and over the schedules, and I've made up my mind.

My vote goes to

h1. movieman1957

You all should be proud of yourselves! Congratulations on a job superbly done.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Everyone did such a great job this year! I have been going over and over the schedules, and I've made up my mind.

>

> My vote goes to

>

> h1. movieman1957

>

> You all should be proud of yourselves! Congratulations on a job superbly done.

That is who I voted for too! I thought it was a secret ballot..

this is turning into quite the stiff competition! looks like it's between movieman and audrey, but who knows, eh?

EVERYONE: VOTE!!! (your vote counts!)

Congratulations on yet another smoothly run Challenge, Lynn. You're the master.

You can tell my classic film tastes are different than most around here because the person whose schedule I liked the most hasn't received a vote yet. For the second Challenge in a row, my vote goes to King Rat.

Joan Bennett premieres! Need I say more? Loved the "Day for Night" theme and the films included. Jennifer Jones as "Star of the Month" works for me. I liked the "I'm Not Old Enough to Be Your Mother" theme and "Scarlett Women" theme. The Furies as an Essential? Yes.

I just found more films to be to my liking on King Rat's schedule. And that is ultimately the bottom line for me when judging a schedule. I'd watch more flicks on King Rat's sked.

Capuchin -- I'd love to see this board after TCM premieres 9 1/2 Weeks. That made me laugh. I liked the following themes: "They're Late for Their Own Funerals!," "Food - It's Not Just for Nutrition!," and "Humpday Horror."

SanFins -- If this was your first Challenge schedule, it was a pretty good one. You were in the running for me. Scarlet Street and Human Desire alone gets you a medal. Very Nice. I liked seeing Blazing Saddles, The List of Adrian Messenger, and Curse of the Demon on the sked. My favorite theme of yours was "A Classic Relationship Told Through Titles." Very good.

Fredmill -- I loved your "To Hell With Conformity!!: Let's Hear It for the Free-Thinkers and Eccentrics" theme. Yeah, that's gonna fly with me. Tyrone Power as "Star of the Month" would be quite nice.

Movieman -- Who let you back in the room? I loved your very creative "The Chronicles of Noirnia" theme. That was fantastic. And I get The Woman in the Window in that mix. Perfect. I also enjoyed your tributes to James Edward Grant and Yakima Canutt. Those are very you and they would be nice to see.

LonesomePolecat -- You appealed to my childishness... and I appreciated that. The Dark Crystal and The Great Muppet Caper! All right! Not to mention Monty Python's The Holy Grail and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'll go with that. Ward Bond as "Star of the Month"? Terrific!

CountessDelave -- Any time I see Linda Darnell on the TCM schedule, that equals me likey. Ride the Pink Horse is a title I wish TCM would fire up for us. I enjoyed your

"ME TARZAN, YOU JANE" theme. That was smooth.

Fedya -- "TCM is Rolling Joints." Oh, my, my, my. That alone was worth five points. I've voted on about seven Challenges and nobody matches your sense of humor. I always love reading your schedule just for your sense of humor. The heck with the films! The inclusion of The Valley of Decision with "Coke-Heads"... perfect. These themes had me rolling like a TCM joint: "Who put these drugs or poisons in my drink/food?,"

"Intoxicated women are so much more fun on screen than intoxicated men!," and "When Good Drugs Go Bad." And George Sanders as "Star of the Month"!

Audreyforever -- I thought you mixed up your schedule, quite nicely. I appreciated the run on westerns. Linda Darnell in Star Dust... that would be nice! I also liked the Henry Fonda birthday salute and Captain Marvel.

Filmlover -- Your selection of 1927 silents was marvelous. Brigitte Bardot as "Star of the Month" would be very interesting. And these two themes were brilliant: "Twilight for the Gods" and "The Man Who Shot John Wayne: William H. Clothier, Cinematographer."

Once again a superior array of schedules to choose from which makes it difficult to pick just one.

With that said, I finally went for the program featuring the Jane's theme, the 3 W's, those super stars Mary Astor, Ann Dvorak & Alice Faye, not to mention Tyrone Power, plus some nifty premiers etc.

Congratulations to you, Countess Delave!

Thank you soooo much Butterscotchgreer! Your comments were very nice and very much appreciated. I enjoy those "feel-good" movies too. And as for Third Finger, Left Hand, TCM has played it before and is a good movie!

Thank You!

Your welcome, AudreyForever! :D

But I did thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's list! I must say, we have some very creative and humorous people on here! Everyone who participated in this challenge did an amazing job!!