Sign in to follow this  
CineMaven

[b]LET'S NOT ASK FOR THE MOON...WE HAVE THE STARS.[/B]

20 posts in this topic

I can string a thread through the stars and make a circle. Can you?

Bogart to Rosemary Lane to Wayne Morris to Priscilla Lane to Cary Grant to Kay Francis to William Powell to Myrna Loy to Jean Harlow to James Cagney to Humphrey Bogart.

If you can name the films that connect 'em...you can make your own circle. Don't be so low-down as to use imdb.

Go!

What a great idea!

I am really bad at these games...gad! I will never be able to do it! But I'll be a cheerleader, if you like....

now go start that immortality thread!

Edited by: JackFavell on Mar 5, 2010 12:23 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll take the cheerleaders.

Now...come one, come all. Don't be shy! And don't be a Cheater (lay off that imdb).

Come one...come all.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DIMMORTALITY AWAITS!! :D:D:D:D:D

I was gonna say The Roaring Twenties was first, but then realized that was Priscilla.... see how bad I am?

Now come on people! I know the gamesters are out there! This is a good one!

Ok- I'll give this a try and I didn't use imdb

1. The Return of DrX

2. Brother Rat and Baby

3. Arsenic and Old Lace

4. In Name Only

5. Jewelry Robbery

6. Libeled Lady

7. The Public Enemy

8. The Roaring Twenties

Bogart to Rosemary Lane to Wayne Morris to Pricilla Lane to Cary Grant to Kay Francisto William Powell to Myrna Loy to Jean Harlow to Cagney back to Bogart

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 5, 2010 5:57 PM

This one should be easy

Tyrone Power to Gene Tierney to Rex Harrison to Doris Day to Thelma Ritter to Richard Widmark to James Stewart to Kim Novak to Tyrone Power

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 5, 2010 6:21 PM

Fun Fun Fun, Cinnie!

Razors Edge,The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Midnight Lace, Pillow Talk, Pickup on South Street, How the West was Won, Vertigo, The Eddie Duchin Story

Next:

John Garfield to Lana Turner to Ray Milland to Grace Kelly to Bing Crosby to Frank Sinatra to Spencer Tracy to John Garfield

> {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

> Next:

> John Garfield to Lana Turner to Ray Milland to Grace Kelly to Bing Crosby to Frank Sinatra to Spencer Tracy to John Garfield

The Postman Always Rings Twice, A Life of Her Own, Dial M for Murder, High Society, Robin and the 7 Hoods, The Devil at 4 O'Clock, Tortilla Flat

Next:

John Garfield to Shelley Winters to Pat Hingle to Natalie Wood to John Wayne to Debbie Reynolds to Donald O'Connor to Gary Cooper to W.C. Fields

Wow! No correct responses. Okay the answer is:

BOGART > (?The Oklahoma Kid?) > Rosemary Lane >(?The Return of Dr. X?) > Wayne Morris > (?Brother Rat?) > Priscilla Lane > (?Arsenic & Old Lace?) > Cary Grant (?In Name Only?) > Kay Francis > (?One Way Passage? ?Jewelry Robbery?) > William Powell > (?Libeled Lady?) > Jean Harlow > (?Public Enemy?) > James Cagney > (?Roaring 20?s?) > BOGART.

Okay - NEXT UP:

GABLE to Myrna Loy to Paul Newman to Alexis Smith to Errol Flynn to Barbara Stanwyck to Ava Gardner to Gregory Peck to Ingrid Bergman to Cary Grant to Doris Day to GABLE.

Better luck this time...and no repeats! Hi there Poinciana...long time no read! :-)

Okay, so here goes:

GABLE ----Wife vs. Secretary --- Myrna Loy --- From the Terrace --- Paul Newman ---The Young Philadelphians --- Alexis Smith --- San Antonio --- Errol Flynn ---The Gay Sisters ---- Barbara Stanwyck ---East Side, West Side? ---- Ava Gardner ---- On the Beach ---- Gregory Peck ---- The Paradine Case ---- Ingrid Bergman ---- Notorious ---- Cary Grant --- That Touch of Mink! --- Doris Day ----- Teacher?s Pet ---- GABLE

Will post one later, if they are all correct.

I was waiting for CineMaven to respond back, but to get the ball rolling again:

Marsha Hunt to Mickey Rooney to Audrey Hepburn to Fred Astaire to Joan Leslie to Ida Lupino to George Raft to Jack Lemmon to Edward G. Robinson to Marsha Hunt

The answers to

Marsha Hunt to Mickey Rooney to Audrey Hepburn to Fred Astaire to Joan Leslie to Ida Lupino to George Raft to Jack Lemmon to Edward G. Robinson to Marsha Hunt

are

The Human Comedy to Breakfast at Tiffany?s to Funny Face to The Sky?s the Limit to High Sierra to They Drive by Night to Some Like It Hot to Good Neighbor Sam to Unholy Partners.

THIS THREAD IS OPEN.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Mar 17, 2010 5:21 PM

o.k. how about James Cagney to Virginia Mayo to Danny Kaye to Walter Slezak to William Bendix back to Cagney.

Cagney and Mayo were in White Heat, Mayo and Kaye were in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Kaye and Slezak were in The Inspector General, Slezak and Bendix were in Lifeboat and Bendix and Cagney were in The Time of Your Life.

cinemaven wrote:

"Wow! No correct responses. Okay the answer is:

BOGART > (?The Oklahoma Kid?) > Rosemary Lane >(?The Return of Dr. X?) > Wayne Morris > (?Brother Rat?) > Priscilla Lane > (?Arsenic & Old Lace?) > Cary Grant (?In Name Only?) > Kay Francis > (?One Way Passage? ?Jewelry Robbery?) > William Powell > (?Libeled Lady?) > Jean Harlow > (?Public Enemy?) > James Cagney > (?Roaring 20?s?) > BOGART.

You missed one of the links, Cinemaven. Myrna Loy was between William Powell and Jean Harlow. It was answered by the same movie "Libeled Lady", which works for Myrna Loy/Jean Harlow, but there are a wealth of answers for Powell/Loy.

Let's make this a little tougher, and link actors with only one possible answer (i.e. they only costarred once).