MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

1,074 posts in this topic

Ah, that is so funny, mm! It's nice that your friends know the Buddy Ebsen trivia!

The best part of the Beverly Hillbillies was when Flat and Scruggs would show up.

Miss G:

As soon as I can find my overalls we are there.

JF:

There was a sight discussion on which was Flatt and which was Scruggs. However, we all knew which one was Donna Douglas.

Edited by: movieman1957 on Aug 24, 2010 11:07 AM

Ha ha!

My second favorite part - when Ellie Mae would have all these animals and she'd be playing with them - I always liked the animals in TV shows. Dog was my favorite character on Petticoat Junction. I remember one where he ran away from home because no one was paying attention to him and I cried.

"We all knew who Donna Douglas was"

She was the one who though the bra was a slingshot.....

Was he? He deserved to be a star. That dog had more talent in his little toenail than a lot of human stars have in their whole bodies....

Looks like I'll finally get a chance to see the western series *Henry Fonda* did,

"The Deputy", as it's coming to DVD next month (October 26th):

http://www.classicflix.com/deputy-complete-series-october-a-815.html

Has anyone seen it? Am I correct that it's loosely based on Anthony Mann's

The Tin Star or am I thinking of something else?

Another series coming soon to DVD, some episodes of which I have seen on YouTube, is

John Cassavete's "Johnny Staccato" which ran for only one season:

http://www.classicflix.com/johnny-staccato-complete-series-a-814.html

COMBAT! was my favorite classic t.v. show. Vic Morrow was exceptional in that t.v. series.

I also liked Little House on the Prairie, I Love Lucy, The Jeffersons, All in the Family, Welcome Back Kotter, The Honeymooners, Happy Days, I Dream of Jeanie.

I'm beginning to become familiar with more of Vic Morrow's work. It's nice to see another "I Dream of Jeannie" fan. She was adorable and the animated intro to that show was one of my favorite reasons for watching when I was a kid.

MissGoddess: I used to watch I Dream of Jeanie all the time when I was a kid. I thought Jeanie was pretty but the real reason I watched it was to see Major Nelson. I forgot to mention that I also liked Bewitched. I thought Samantha (Elizabeth Montgomery) was so attractive. Vic Morrow was great, a very underated actor. What else have you seen him in besides COMBAT? I thought he was excellent in Blackboard Jungle and in a little known film called Men in War and in King Creole, Bad News Bears and a made for t.v. film called Glass House with Alan Alda. He has also made tons of guest appearances in various t.v. shows such as Bonanza, the Riflemen, Roots, Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I think Vic Morrow's real masterpiece was COMBAT! That show really holds up well today. 45 years later and it's still the best program I ever saw, largely due to Vic Morrow.

"Was he? He deserved to be a star. That dog had more talent in his little toenail than a

lot of human stars have in their whole bodies...." - < ( Jack Favell ) >

I don't know if the dog was more talented than Arnold Ziffel. You know...from "Green Acres."

Arnold! He was so cute and talented! And he was smarter than the rest of the population put together. Today, he would have a show of his own.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How did those get here??? This is supposed to be a post about Arnold!

h2. DOG!

Have you been using my photobucket account again?

I wonder if somewhere along the way the writers for "Babe" thought that it worked with Arnold so why not another pig. (I loved "Babe" but hated the sequel.)

Babe was so good, that I literally walked out of the movie theatre saying, "They ought t give that dog (Babe's adopted mom) the Academy Award." Then we all broke up laughing - realizing that it wasn't real.

I couldn't get through the second one...I switched it off very early.

Hollywood. Harumph! Always going to the well once too often. (Loved "Babe" too). Thank you for Arnold's picture. I loved him...and Eb. :x

Arnold's owner, Fred Ziffel, was played by Hank Patterson. I have seen a lot of him lately. He did almost as many "Gunsmoke" episodes (33) as he did "Green Acres" (46.) He always looked older than time. He also spent time running through "HGWT" and "Cheyenne." That explains why I have seen a lot of him lately.

Hank was in that HGWT I posted in Westerns the other day - he was FABULOUSLY good. Stole the show from Richard Boone which is saying a lot.

I just saw where Stephen Cannell, who produced a lot of the shows we've mentioned, had died of cancer at 69. They didn't make them like that before him and haven't after. I always gave his shows a look; the lesser ones were still way above most folks others.

Someone mention HGWT been watching it for a few months now and never realized how sexy Boone was, and smart too woo hooo, bet he was hot with the stars back in the day. Well got alittle carried away but I have been watching the Western channel more lately.

cat