Sign in to follow this  
VoloMachina

Please help me figure out what this movie is!! :)

3 posts in this topic

I saw a movie on TCM a few years back and absolutely LOVED it but have NO clue as to what it was.

It was a black and white and had something to do with medieval knights and a hero saving a damsel in distress and other medieval goodness.

One part near the end that really stood out was the bad guy brought the hero before the king and was asked by the king to take out the hero's eyes. So the bad guy (can't remember why he was nice here) took some grapes in his hand secretly and walked over the the guy and acted like he ripped his eyes out and showed the king from a distance off that he had his "eyes" (grapes) in his hand. There was also a very pretty girl in this movie!

I know this is very vague but this movie has been on my mind forever and I really want to know what it was. It did play on the TCM channel so hopefully someone can shine some light and save me from my eternal search :)

Thanks!

> {quote:title=VoloMachina wrote:}{quote}

> One part near the end that really stood out was the bad guy brought the hero before the king and was asked by the king to take out the hero's eyes. So the bad guy (can't remember why he was nice here) took some grapes in his hand secretly and walked over the the guy and acted like he ripped his eyes out and showed the king from a distance off that he had his "eyes" (grapes) in his hand. There was also a very pretty girl in this movie!

That scene sounds like it's from Prince of Foxes, where Everett Sloane pretends to pull out Tyrone Power's eyes. However, I'm not sure if TCM has ever shown this. It is available at hulu.com, so you can view it there and see if it's the film you're thinking of.

Here is more info:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=8300452

YES!!! This is the movie! Thank you sooo much! I can't believe I have looked so long for this and finally found it thanks to you! :) It did air on TCM about 7 years ago. lol I said a couple, didn't realize how many it had been. Thank you again, you are the best!