Beware of maya

Watch out now, take care

Beware of greedy leaders

They take you where you should not go

While weeping atlas cedars

They just want to grow, grow and grow

Beware of darkness (beware of darkness)

I almost posted that one, Chris!

For me, The Beatles were THE band, not just because of their music, but because of their enthusiasm, their endless talent and promise....I know they could not go on together, but the idea that they would keep on expanding and growing as a band - as musicians, songwriters and people, made me have hope for the world we live in.

Many bands change with the times, but I can think of none who really grabbed the opportunity to truly change their sound, not according to fashion, but to deepen and strengthen their music through learning. This is what The Beatles did, many times over, and frankly, if outside and inside pressures hadn't forced them apart, I think they could have gone on doing that, experimenting with music, because each of them was supremely bright and talented in his own right. Their legacy is not only some great music, but the soul searching they did - they became better, more enlightened as time went on, by opening their minds to other types of music and thought.

I wonder what would have happened if they had taken John's idea of doing their own individual albums and then come back to do a Beatles' album.

I posted "All Things Must Pass" and then started looking at related clips. Hearing some of the things behind the songs and and behind their lives and then long after the grief how they felt about each other and what they shared is very interesting.

There was never an idea that wasn't worth exploring.

I did that too last night, looking through their clips after seeing the one posted. I wanted to see them happy again, after seeing them so musically in synch, but then just walking away silently after the song was over. If I ever do a Beatles doc, it will be backwards chronologically. :D

I agree with you about The Beatles 100%. Just look at how their music changed in a little over 6 years. Even their early stuff which was fairly basic and often based on 4 chord 50s type progressions would throw in different type chord (6 or 9 often) or progression in the chorus to keep things interesting or how they would sing harmony.

I love playing many of their songs and I'm known as the jazz man.

You said that far better than I could have, JJG! I find their music simple but complex, if that makes sense, and always interesting, whether it's the early stuff or the later.

is that the fairly new Los Lobos song, Scottman? I hear a newer song on the radio once in a while, but now they are all so familiar, I can't remember which one is the new one.