FredCDobbs

What Are You Watching Now?

2,777 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, HoldenIsHere said:

I'm watching Season 5 of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW (on DVD) and Season 1 of RHODA (online). I'm really enjoying RHODA even though the episodes are the syndicated versions. Unfortunately there is no DVD set of RHODA's first season with all original broadcast version episodes. If such a set is ever released I would definitely buy it as I did with all of the MTM SHOW seasons. I recorded the RHODA episodes when they aired on Nick at Nite in the 1990s during the late night hours. These were the syndicated versions, of course, but this was before  complete episodes of TV series were available compactly on DVD. This was during the days of bulky VHS!   

After I finished watching MTM  SHOW Season 4 (the last season with Rhoda), I watched the first three Season 5 episodes and then started watching the RHODA episodes online up to the episode before the "Rhoda's Wedding" episode. Then I switched back to MTM Season 5 and watched through the episode "The New Sue Ann," where Rhoda's wedding is discussed. (The episode ends as Lou Grant is about to drive Mary to the airport to attend the wedding in New York.) Then I watched the RHODA episode "Rhoda's Wedding" where Mary, as well as Lou, Murray, Georgette and even the uninvited Phyllis are on hand for the event.

I'm really enjoying Betty White as Sue Ann Nivens ("The Happy Homemaker") in MTM Season 5. This is the first season that the character became a series regular  although she made a few wonderful  guest appearances during the previous season beginning with the hilarious Season 4 opener "The Lars Affair."  Whenever Sue Ann appears in a scene I always get excited knowing that some of her snidely sweetness is on the way. The bit about the cheese puffs in "The Outsider" episode always cracks me up!       

I love the entire MTM series.  I believe I have seen quite a few Rhoda episodes when they aired on Nick-at-Nite (or maybe it was TVLand? I'm pretty sure it was Nick-at-Nite though) but I cannot remember many specific episodes.  I remember Rhoda's wedding.  

In season five of MTM, I loved how they started the ongoing storyline of Mary being arrested for not revealing her news source and her subsequent trial, which I think may be in season six.  

My favorite episodes of season five:

-"You Try to Be a Nice Guy," Mary wears that hilarious green dress, designed by Sherry whom she met in jail. Ted's reaction to Mary's dress is the funniest part of the entire episode.

-"The New Sue Ann," an All About Eve-esque theme.  A young woman tries to take Sue Ann's place on "The Happy Homemaker."  My favorite part is when Sue Ann reveals that she purposely sabotaged the cream puffs that made everyone else, and herself, sick. 

-"Not a Christmas Story," the gang gets in a fight, and due to inclement weather, they're forced to spend the evening together eating Sue Ann's leftovers from her Christmas special.  My favorite part is when Mary puts the German Kaiser spike helmet on. 

-"Ted Baxter's Famous Broadcasters' School," Ted falls for a con artist's scam (who absconds with the money) to open up his own school and is forced to throw together a "school" so that he doesn't get sued.  Only one student signed up for the class.  My favorite part is when he starts asking about holidays and grading on a curve and all these ridiculous questions and Mary asks: "Who is this guy?" 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shutoo said:

I have season one..I think it's from Shout (like the other seasons)..had it for years..says 35th Anniversary edition along the bottom. 

Yeah, the Shout Season 1 release of RHODA had many syndicated  (cut) versions of the episodes. The first episode ("Joe") on the Shout release didn't even include the Minneapolis airport opening scene with Mary wishing Rhoda off on what was supposed to be just a vacation in New York City. Shout claimed they weren't able to locate prints of the complete original broadcast versions in decent condition. However, the "Joe" episode has aired in the United Kingdom with the airport scene and on ME-TV in the U.S.

I think the later RHODA seasons from Shout included the original broadcast versions of the episodes.  

19 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I love the entire MTM series.  I believe I have seen quite a few Rhoda episodes when they aired on Nick-at-Nite (or maybe it was TVLand? I'm pretty sure it was Nick-at-Nite though) but I cannot remember many specific episodes.  I remember Rhoda's wedding.  

In season five of MTM, I loved how they started the ongoing storyline of Mary being arrested for not revealing her news source and her subsequent trial, which I think may be in season six.  

My favorite episodes of season five:

-"You Try to Be a Nice Guy," Mary wears that hilarious green dress, designed by Sherry whom she met in jail. Ted's reaction to Mary's dress is the funniest part of the entire episode.

-"The New Sue Ann," an All About Eve-esque theme.  A young woman tries to take Sue Ann's place on "The Happy Homemaker."  My favorite part is when Sue Ann reveals that she purposely sabotaged the cream puffs that made everyone else, and herself, sick. 

-"Not a Christmas Story," the gang gets in a fight, and due to inclement weather, they're forced to spend the evening together eating Sue Ann's leftovers from her Christmas special.  My favorite part is when Mary puts the German Kaiser spike helmet on. 

-"Ted Baxter's Famous Broadcasters' School," Ted falls for a con artist's scam (who absconds with the money) to open up his own school and is forced to throw together a "school" so that he doesn't get sued.  Only one student signed up for the class.  My favorite part is when he starts asking about holidays and grading on a curve and all these ridiculous questions and Mary asks: "Who is this guy?" 

I remember that RHODA (as well as PHYLLIS ) aired on Nick At Nite. I recorded them both. They probably also aired on TV Land at some point.

Season 5 of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW has so many great episodes. I love all the ones you've mentioned. Other favorites are "A Girl Like Mary," (I love Sue Ann's audition for the woman's point of view spot on the news show!) , "Phyllis Whips Inflation" and "Anybody Who Hates Kids and Dogs."

And I'm going to give another plug to "The Outsider." What really makes this episode memorable (to me anyway) is the 1-2-3 punch about Sue Ann's cheese puffs at Mary's party. Georgette is so wonderful here. Richard Masur who plays the consultant in this episode also played Nick Lobo on RHODA. Nick dated Rhoda's sister Brenda and first appeared on the episode "The Honeymoon," which is the one that followed "Rhoda's Wedding." It's stated that Nick Lobo was the accordion player at Rhoda's wedding. However, if you watch the wedding episode it is not Richard Masur playing the accordion.         

• Like 1

The Ant Bully (an animated movie from the 2000s): has to do with a bullied boy named Lucas who takes his frustration out on ants (who speak English and have a form of government, as well as a knowledge of right & wrong). He is shrunk by the ant colony, and the Queen (Meryl Streep) orders Julia Roberts to basically adopt him as her child and teach him the ways of being an ant (in lieu of killing him, which I personally would have done after hearing him whine about wanting to go home, etc.). 

Okay, I wouldn't have killed him. But I have low hopes for this movie. I wonder how much they paid Meryl and Julia for this. The only person I'm not surprised about being in this film, is Nicolas Cage. 

45 minutes ago, NickAndNora34 said:

The Ant Bully (an animated movie from the 2000s): has to do with a bullied boy named Lucas who takes his frustration out on ants (who speak English and have a form of government, as well as a knowledge of right & wrong). He is shrunk by the ant colony, and the Queen (Meryl Streep) orders Julia Roberts to basically adopt him as her child and teach him the ways of being an ant (in lieu of killing him, which I personally would have done after hearing him whine about wanting to go home, etc.). 

Okay, I wouldn't have killed him. But I have low hopes for this movie. I wonder how much they paid Meryl and Julia for this. The only person I'm not surprised about being in this film, is Nicolas Cage. 

Just finished this movie. I'll give it the fantastic score of 1/5. I would not even show this movie to kids, for which this movie is intended. There are only so many movies about ants that can be made and actually be worth watching (Them! and A Bug's Life)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NickAndNora34 said:

Just finished this movie. I'll give it the fantastic score of 1/5. I would not even show this movie to kids, for which this movie is intended. There are only so many movies about ants that can be made and actually be worth watching (Them! and A Bug's Life)

Having an “ant” theme tonight? Lol. You should watch “Ant-Man” next. 

I love “A Bug’s Life.”  “I’M A CUTE LITTLE BUMBLEBEE!”

5 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

I remember that RHODA (as well as PHYLLIS ) aired on Nick At Nite. I recorded them both. They probably also aired on TV Land at some point.

Season 5 of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW has so many great episodes. I love all the ones you've mentioned. Other favorites are "A Girl Like Mary," (I love Sue Ann's audition for the woman's point of view spot on the news show!) , "Phyllis Whips Inflation" and "Anybody Who Hates Kids and Dogs."

And I'm going to give another plug to "The Outsider." What really makes this episode memorable (to me anyway) is the 1-2-3 punch about Sue Ann's cheese puffs at Mary's party. Georgette is so wonderful here. Richard Masur who plays the consultant in this episode also played Nick Lobo on RHODA. Nick dated Rhoda's sister Brenda and first appeared on the episode "The Honeymoon," which is the one that followed "Rhoda's Wedding." It's stated that Nick Lobo was the accordion player at Rhoda's wedding. However, if you watch the wedding episode it is not Richard Masur playing the accordion.         

I don’t remember “Phyllis” on Nick at Nite. Maybe it was one of those shows that aired in the middle of the night. Any of the post-11pm shows I rarely got to watch except for on “Whole Lotta Lucy” Saturdays and Block Party Summer. I vaguely remember “Rhoda.” I saw MTM more because her show aired during my nightly Nick at Nite viewing. 

I love the part about Sue Ann’s cheese puffs. That consultant was SO not 24. Maybe 44. 

Is the 5th season where Ted buys himself a Teddy Award? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Is the 5th season where Ted buys himself a Teddy Award? 

No..it's in season four..'Ted Baxter Meets Walter Cronkite'..a great moment in news history

I got so curious about that episode one of Rhoda, I decided to watch in on terrarium..and lo and behold..it's the original start..Mary's at the airport, wearing pink, she sets off the metal detector...nice to see.

On 1/9/2018 at 12:22 AM, speedracer5 said:

I don’t remember “Phyllis” on Nick at Nite. Maybe it was one of those shows that aired in the middle of the night. Any of the post-11pm shows I rarely got to watch except for on “Whole Lotta Lucy” Saturdays and Block Party Summer. I vaguely remember “Rhoda.” I saw MTM more because her show aired during my nightly Nick at Nite viewing. 

I love the part about Sue Ann’s cheese puffs. That consultant was SO not 24. Maybe 44. 

PHYLLIS aired in the overnight hours. I recorded it on VHS. I recorded a lot of Nick At Nite programming in the 1990s!

Interestingly enough, Richard Masur (who played the consultant) would have been 25 when "The Outsider" originally aired on October 12, 1974. Mary Tyler Moore was 37 at the time although her character Mary Richards was 34.

I was surprised to learn that Georgia Engel was only in her 20s when she played Georgette on THE MTM SHOW. While I knew she was younger than the 50ish Ted Knight, I didn't realize that the age difference between the two was that much. I guess I thought she was in her 30s. 

11 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

PHYLLIS aired in the overnight hours. I recorded it on VHS. I recorded a lot of Nick At Nite programming in the 1990s!

Interestingly enough, Richard Masur (who played the consultant) would have been 25 when "The Outsider" originally aired on October 12, 1974. Mary Tyler Moore was 37 at the time although her character Mary Richards was 34.

I was surprised to learn that Georgia Engel was only in her 20s when she played Georgette on THE MTM SHOW. While I knew she was younger than the 50ish Ted Knight, I didn't realize that the age difference between the two was that much. I guess I thought she was in her 30s. 

That's probably why I never saw Phyllis.  When I think of Phyllis, I always think of Mary's line where she says something to the effect of: "I love Phyllis, I really do, but what is it about her?" 

If Masur really was only 25, he definitely looked older.  I think it may have been his clothes and his more mature sounding voice. 

I didn't realize Georgia Engel was so much younger than the rest of the cast either.  I figured she was a little younger than MTM and Valerie Harper, but I didn't realize she was like a full decade younger.  

In The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I always figured:

Lou is in his mid to late 40s, about ten-fifteen years older than Mary

Murray and Ted I figured were close in age, Ted just having gone prematurely gray.  I figured that they were both at least in their early 40s, about ten years older than Mary.  I'm basing this mostly on the fact that Murray has already been married at least ten years by the show's start in 1970 and already has two children, with a baby on the way.

Rhoda & Mary are the same age-- 30s. 

Phyllis is closer to Murray and Ted's age, based on her having a pre-teen daughter and having been married at least 10+ years to Lars at the show's start.

Sue Ann I always figured was a little older than Lou.  Maybe late 40s.  

Georgette I thought was presented as a peer of Mary and Rhoda's.  I'm not sure if she was supposed to be the same age as their characters, though she is definitely less experienced and more naïve. 

---

I always wondered why they didn't expand the Andy Rivers character.  Mary spent so much time researching and interviewing for the new sportscaster, eventually deciding on Andy.  Andy pops up in a few more episodes during the fourth season, but then disappears.  His character segues from being another colleague in the newsroom to being Mary's boyfriend.  I figure that they were trying to bring Andy on as a replacement for Gordy who leaves for network television in New York.  Which episode is it that Gordy comes back? I have the whole series on DVD, but I cannot remember that episode.

12 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

That's probably why I never saw Phyllis.  When I think of Phyllis, I always think of Mary's line where she says something to the effect of: "I love Phyllis, I really do, but what is it about her?" 

If Masur really was only 25, he definitely looked older.  I think it may have been his clothes and his more mature sounding voice. 

I didn't realize Georgia Engel was so much younger than the rest of the cast either.  I figured she was a little younger than MTM and Valerie Harper, but I didn't realize she was like a full decade younger.  

In The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I always figured:

Lou is in his mid to late 40s, about ten-fifteen years older than Mary

Murray and Ted I figured were close in age, Ted just having gone prematurely gray.  I figured that they were both at least in their early 40s, about ten years older than Mary.  I'm basing this mostly on the fact that Murray has already been married at least ten years by the show's start in 1970 and already has two children, with a baby on the way.

Rhoda & Mary are the same age-- 30s. 

Phyllis is closer to Murray and Ted's age, based on her having a pre-teen daughter and having been married at least 10+ years to Lars at the show's start.

Sue Ann I always figured was a little older than Lou.  Maybe late 40s.  

Georgette I thought was presented as a peer of Mary and Rhoda's.  I'm not sure if she was supposed to be the same age as their characters, though she is definitely less experienced and more naïve. 

---

I always wondered why they didn't expand the Andy Rivers character.  Mary spent so much time researching and interviewing for the new sportscaster, eventually deciding on Andy.  Andy pops up in a few more episodes during the fourth season, but then disappears.  His character segues from being another colleague in the newsroom to being Mary's boyfriend.  I figure that they were trying to bring Andy on as a replacement for Gordy who leaves for network television in New York.  Which episode is it that Gordy comes back? I have the whole series on DVD, but I cannot remember that episode.

During the first season Lou Grant was supposed to be 45.  His age is revealed in the episode "The 45-Year-Old Man." Edward Asner was actually only 41 at the time. In real life Ted Knight was 6 years older than Edward Asner, but I'm pretty sure Ted Baxter was supposed to be younger than Lou Grant. He did look younger despite the white hair.

Phyllis revealed her age to Mary during the Season 5 episode "Menage-a-Phyllis." She is 43; Mary is 34.

I remember Andy Rivers was Mary's date to the Teddy Awards the year that Ted Baxter won. In Season 6 Mary dated a man played by the same actor who played Anne Marie's boyfriend on THAT GIRL. Mary was actually in love with him and called Rhoda to talk about it on an episode aptly titled "Mary Richards Falls In Love." He soon disappeared like Mary's other love interests.

Gordy returned on the Season 7 episode "Hail the Conquering Gordy." 

13 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Which episode is it that Gordy comes back?

That was the last season (7)..I remember he was getting a network talk show and Ted wanted to be his 'sidekick'.  Andy was interesting...I don't think they wanted to keep any boyfriend for too long, because new ones probably made better story lines...but I don't remember what really happened to Andy, just faded away, I guess.

I always thought it was interesting how they 'recycled' actors in various MTM shows--like Pat Finley was Sparkie at the divorce club, and then was Twinks, the old camp friend..both in the first season! (she then became Bob's sister on The Bob Newhart Show).  Barbara Sharma was the incompetent waitress/secretary on MTM, then became the old friend/business partner on Rhoda. Barbara Colby was the hooker Mary meets and later helps, then she gives Phyllis a job on that show.  And of course, Richard Schall wound up on MTM, Rhoda, Phyllis and Bob Newhart.

As much as I like the character, I never really got into Phyllis..I always thought it would've had more potential  if she would've moved in with her gay brother, rather than Lars' family.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

During the first season Lou Grant was supposed to be 45.  His age is revealed in the episode "The 45-Year-Old Man." Edward Asner was actually only 41 at the time. In real life Ted Knight was 6 years older than Edward Asner, but I'm pretty sure Ted Baxter was supposed to be younger than Lou Grant. He did look younger despite the white hair.

Phyllis revealed her age to Mary during the Season 5 episode "Menage-a-Phyllis." She is 43; Mary is 34.

I remember Andy Rivers was Mary's date to the Teddy Awards the year that Ted Baxter won. In Season 6 Mary dated a man played by the same actor who played Anne Marie's boyfriend on THAT GIRL. Mary was actually in love with him and called Rhoda to talk about it on an episode aptly titled "Mary Richards Falls In Love." He soon disappeared like Mary's other love interests.

Gordy returned on the Season 7 episode "Hail the Conquering Gordy." 

I didn't like Mary's boyfriend, Joe (I think that's right, because she calls Rhoda in an episode and they joke about their respective beaus both being named "Joe")  in Season 6.  He's the one who Mary obsessed about him not telling her that he loved her.  She tells him that she loves him and then she finds out that he's been dating another woman in addition to her.  It killed me when Mary took him back at the end of the episode.  Then in his other episode, he makes a fool out of himself when he busts in on Mary's evening with an ex-boyfriend, whom she was just having dinner with.  

I will have to watch the Gordy episode.

One of my favorite Mary dates was when she was briefly dating Robert C. Brand, the tax auditor, in a first season episode.  I also liked the boyfriend episode where she's dating the man ten years her junior and Mary goes to that teenybopper store, Shot Down in Ecuador Junior, to buy some "younger" clothes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shutoo said:

That was the last season (7)..I remember he was getting a network talk show and Ted wanted to be his 'sidekick'.  Andy was interesting...I don't think they wanted to keep any boyfriend for too long, because new ones probably made better story lines...but I don't remember what really happened to Andy, just faded away, I guess.

I always thought it was interesting how they 'recycled' actors in various MTM shows--like Pat Finley was Sparkie at the divorce club, and then was Twinks, the old camp friend..both in the first season! (she then became Bob's sister on The Bob Newhart Show).  Barbara Sharma was the incompetent waitress/secretary on MTM, then became the old friend/business partner on Rhoda. Barbara Colby was the hooker Mary meets and later helps, then she gives Phyllis a job on that show.  And of course, Richard Schall wound up on MTM, Rhoda, Phyllis and Bob Newhart.

As much as I like the character, I never really got into Phyllis..I always thought it would've had more potential  if she would've moved in with her gay brother, rather than Lars' family.

"Hi my name is Frances Franklin, but everybody calls me Sparky.  I don't know why, I guess it's 'cause all my friends say I sparkle and bubble.  They say ever since I divorced, I'm like another person, all sparkling. That's why they call me Sparky." 

I also like Twinks Tvedt.  

Richard Shaal (Valerie Harper's husband during the run of MTM) appears multiple times on the series as different characters.  He plays Howard Arnell, the really nice, but really irritating former classmate and boyfriend of Mary's.  He plays Howard's brother, Paul Arnell, whom is more stable and works as a political speech writer.  However, the Arnell parents worship Howard, and Paul who is more accomplished, is cast aside.  Shaal also plays Dino in a season four episode when WJM decides to do the feature about the singles bar.  I think he also plays Chuckles the Clown in the episode where they are doing the "Mitchell-85, Turner-23" election.

I think Jack Riley appears twice in the series, once as Barry with the shoetrees who plans to move into Rhoda's apartment in the episode where she decides to move back to New York and then changes her mind and decides to stay in Minneapolis.  He also appears in the high school reunion episode as "Eldon Colfax," Mary's classmate with the brand new plastic surgery enhanced face. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

One of my favorite Mary dates was when she was briefly dating Robert C. Brand, the tax auditor, in a first season episode.  I also liked the boyfriend episode where she's dating the man ten years her junior and Mary goes to that teenybopper store, Shot Down in Ecuador Junior, to buy some "younger" clothes. 

Those are goodies--I also liked the author that was a foot shorter than she was('Toulouse-Lautrec..)...and Stuart Margolin (who handcuffed himself to Mary) --he became a psychologist on Rhoda, married to her perpetually pregnant friend Beverly Sanders (who had played the coffee shop waitress on MTM!) I wasn't crazy about Michael Tolan (the journalism professor), but when he returned (MTM is 'the other woman'), that was pretty funny.

• Like 1

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel--after one episode, I thought it's pretty good...after four, I'm hooked.  love the details in portraying '58 (clothes, furnishings), love the idea of a woman who never let her husband see her without full makeup revealing herself in comedy, the uptown/village contrast of NYC;  love the odd teacher/manager/not-quite-friend relationship with Susie..anybody else watching this on Amazon prime?

• Like 1

My Man Godfrey (1936)

I have seen this one before, and can easily say that it is one of my favorite films of all time. William Powell and Carole Lombard play fantastically well off each other (she easily gives Myrna Loy a run for her money, in my opinion). Gail Patrick is great as usual as the spoiled and uptight sister. Alice Brady and Eugene Pallette are wonderful as Lombard's and Gail Patrick's parents. 

• Like 1

Watching “Godfather II” with friends. Am I the only one who finds “The Godfather” incredibly boring? I really dislike Brando. The mumbling annoys the crap out of me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2018 at 6:37 PM, shutoo said:

Those are goodies--I also liked the author that was a foot shorter than she was('Toulouse-Lautrec..)...and Stuart Margolin (who handcuffed himself to Mary) --he became a psychologist on Rhoda, married to her perpetually pregnant friend Beverly Sanders (who had played the coffee shop waitress on MTM!) I wasn't crazy about Michael Tolan (the journalism professor), but when he returned (MTM is 'the other woman'), that was pretty funny.

I just re-watched the RHODA episode "The Shower" which features the first appearance of Beverly Sanders as the, of course, pregnant Susan (known as "Easy Susie" in high school) and Barbara Sharma as Myrna Morgenstein, Rhoda's "little friend from alphabetical order." Linda Lavin is wonderful is the episode as Rhoda's nemesis Linda Monroe. Brenda invited girls who signed Rhoda's high school yearbook to the wedding shower, not realizing that Linda's comment was a snarky remark. 

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Watching “Godfather II” with friends. Am I the only one who finds “The Godfather” incredibly boring? I really dislike Brando. The mumbling annoys the crap out of me. 

I'm a fan of Marlon Brando, but I'm not a fan of THE GODFATHER. I've actually never seen the movie from beginning to end although I've think I've seen the majority of it. The subject matter does not interest me so committing almost three hours to it seems arduous to me.

Brando doesn't appear in THE GODFATHER PART II, right?     

On 1/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, speedracer5 said:

Richard Shaal (Valerie Harper's husband during the run of MTM) appears multiple times on the series as different characters.  He plays Howard Arnell, the really nice, but really irritating former classmate and boyfriend of Mary's.  He plays Howard's brother, Paul Arnell, whom is more stable and works as a political speech writer.  However, the Arnell parents worship Howard, and Paul who is more accomplished, is cast aside.  Shaal also plays Dino in a season four episode when WJM decides to do the feature about the singles bar.  I think he also plays Chuckles the Clown in the episode where they are doing the "Mitchell-85, Turner-23" election.

Yes, Richard Shaal was the first actor to play Chuckles The Clown on THE MTM SHOW in "The Snow Must Go On" from Season 1. Chuckles, in full clown makeup and costume, announces the election results after he arrives at WJM early the next morning.

22 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I've never even seen this movie. It's on my list to try watching at least parts of it in 2018, but who knows if that will actually come to fruition. 

1 hour ago, NickAndNora34 said:

I've never even seen this movie. It's on my list to try watching at least parts of it in 2018, but who knows if that will actually come to fruition. 

It would be nice to see them air on TCM (someday).

The Crawling Hand (1963)--yeah, it's bad.  You can tell how cheaply this was made in the first scene:  it's space central (like NASA, I guess), and all these guys are crammed into a tiny room staring at gauges and reel-to-reel tape recorders..and only one has a chair--the rest are actually squatting in front of the tables and desks!  Here's the story:  men are sent to the moon, but they don't make it back..they are 'possessed' en route, and beg to be blown up..so they are.  Well, a teen who loves science finds the arm of the latest exploded astronaut, still wearing his shirt and glove (?) and takes it home.  Bad idea..the hand crawls around and starts strangling people..but I can't figure out..how did 'it' take off it's glove?? The hand takes over the boy's mind, turning him into a killer with very dark circles around his eyes (although it got a little drippy in sweaty scenes..). Wise scientist Kent Taylor and friendly sheriff Alan Hale Jr. straighten it all out..                                                           Related image

• Like 1