FredCDobbs

What Are You Watching Now?

2,809 posts in this topic

The Cobweb (1955) - TCM On Demand

w/ Richard Widmark, Lauren Bacall, Charles Boyer, Gloria Grahame, Lillian Gish, John Kerr, Susan Strasberg, Oscar Levant and Tommy Rettig

Based upon the synopsis for this movie, I suspect that this one is not going to be my cup of tea. But I have faith in Mr. Widmark's ability to keep me interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A comedy on YouTube called SHE WROTE THE BOOK. Starring Jack Oakie as a marketing director and Joan Davis as the alleged author of a spicy novel. Silly but fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m watching “The Birdcage.”  I’ve probably seen this movie at least 30 times if not more. I never tire of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

77 Sunset Strip--Kookie: "Hey dad..what have you been carrying, On?" hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shutoo said:

77 Sunset Strip--Kookie: "Hey dad..what have you been carrying, On?" hehe

I still say that father and son look more like older brother \ younger brother.  

But I do love the show especially when it features some hip jazz (e.g. when they hang out at Dino's).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen shot 2018-03-18 at 4.20.51 PM.png

Watching this great TV movie from 1972 on YouTube. It's based on a story by Truman Capote. There was a feature film version (director's cut) that includes male nudity and mild profanity, which this copy seems to have. Starring Alan Alda, Clu Gulager and Kristoffer Tabori-- plus Dean Jagger, Billy Dee Williams and scene stealing Vic Morrow. Highly recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_(1972_film)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ball of Fire, for only the 2nd time, starring Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck! I'm so excited!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifd786ee2163bdd96dee76cd530ee35427.gif

Since today is March 24th, I felt it was only appropriate to watch Singin in the Rain for the 500th time.  Plus, it's raining right now, so it's even more appropriate!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Ball of Fire, for only the 2nd time, starring Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck! I'm so excited!

Big fan of Ball of Fire,  especially the first 15 minutes.    It does drag down about 2\3 into it,  but hey that happens in a lot of comedies. 

Cooper and Stanwyck have great chemistry. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifd786ee2163bdd96dee76cd530ee35427.gif

Since today is March 24th, I felt it was only appropriate to watch Singin in the Rain for the 500th time.  Plus, it's raining right now, so it's even more appropriate!

Wow, Speedy, love that split screen jif-eroos. Would you kindly do that for whole film, then I won't have to order from Flix.

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOMETHING EVIL (a 1972 TV film starring Sandy Dennis) on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, laffite said:

Wow, Speedy, love that split screen jif-eroos. Would you kindly do that for whole film, then I won't have to order from Flix.

:ph34r:

Lol. I found these pics on Google Images! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so excited, Dish just added ME-TV which previously was only available if you purchased an over-the-air antenna.  Right now I'm watching Gomer Pyle USMC, which I've actually never seen.  However, I've never been a big fan of Gomer.  I'm waiting for Mama's Family which is on after 'Gomer Pyle.'  I haven't seen Mama's Family for years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I'm so excited, Dish just added ME-TV which previously was only available if you purchased an over-the-air antenna.  Right now I'm watching Gomer Pyle USMC, which I've actually never seen.  However, I've never been a big fan of Gomer.  I'm waiting for Mama's Family which is on after 'Gomer Pyle.'  I haven't seen Mama's Family for years!

I don't think there's ever been a time when Mama's Family wasn't on at least one station down here. It's like Andy Griffith or Brady Bunch in that way.

In many markets, the primetime block of 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM, sometimes until 11:00 PM, of the MeTV programming is superseded by shows put on by the local channel that "hosts" your version of MeTV. For example, in my area, MeTV is "hosted" by the Fox affiliate out of Jacksonville, Florida, and they put on reruns of shows like DatelineLaw and OrderLost, and The Walking Dead, and it switches back to the MeTV stuff from 10 or 11:00PM until 3:00AM, when the local channel shows informercials until 5 or 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I don't think there's ever been a time when Mama's Family wasn't on at least one station down here. It's like Andy Griffith or Brady Bunch in that way.

In many markets, the primetime block of 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM, sometimes until 11:00 PM, of the MeTV programming is superseded by shows put on by the local channel that "hosts" your version of MeTV. For example, in my area, MeTV is "hosted" by the Fox affiliate out of Jacksonville, Florida, and they put on reruns of shows like DatelineLaw and OrderLost, and The Walking Dead, and it switches back to the MeTV stuff from 10 or 11:00PM until 3:00AM, when the local channel shows informercials until 5 or 6.

It looks like my ME-TV, Portland OR, is showing Perry Mason, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock and Mannix tonight. My local station appears to only play the classics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

It looks like my ME-TV, Portland OR, is showing Perry Mason, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock and Mannix tonight. My local station appears to only play the classics. 

No, I get those down here, too. It's the stuff that's on before and after those that get "covered up" by local reruns. At 3:00 AM, my MeTV shows reruns of How I Met Your Mother followed by Family Guy. Then it switches back to the regular MeTV programming at 5:00 AM, with Peter GunnNight GalleryThe Facts of LifeDiff'rent StrokesThe Beverly HillbilliesMy Three SonsLeave It to BeaverPerry MasonMatlockDiagnosis: MurderThe Big ValleyGunsmokeBonanzaThe RiflemanWagon TrainWild Wild WestHawaii 5-O, and MASH. Then from 8 PM to 10 PM it's reruns of American Ninja Warrior!:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LateSpringTitle.jpg.0a088873f3758a98a2317db88fe2d4f0.jpg

Late Spring (Ozu, 1949):

A little more uneven than Tokyo Story, but more powerful and devastating by the end.

Setsuko Hara as Noriko may be one of the most complex characters ever put on screen. We know what she wants...but why? One can watch this film over and over again and her character will always remain elusive. Chishu Ryu as the father has one of the saddest ending scenes of all-time.

Very thankful to have watched this and Tokyo Story in the past week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More episodes of The Jeffersons on Starz. Love this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I'm watching The Fleet's In which I recorded last night because I was curious about the idea of William Holden being in a musical.  I think Holden is just in this movie, he doesn't sing or anything.  This movie is terrible.  I think it's almost over, so I'm trying to see how it ends.  I'm really tiring of all the female performers who each apparently have some sort of shtick and are more like a joke performer.  They have all been awful and irritating.  Shut up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 8:11 PM, speedracer5 said:

I'm so excited, Dish just added ME-TV which previously was only available if you purchased an over-the-air antenna.  Right now I'm watching Gomer Pyle USMC, which I've actually never seen.  However, I've never been a big fan of Gomer.  I'm waiting for Mama's Family which is on after 'Gomer Pyle.'  I haven't seen Mama's Family for years!

I watched MAMA'S FAMILY a lot growing up when it aired on TBS. Bubba's jeans were so tight they looked like they were sewn on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kate & Allie--I was a 'sporadic' viewer of this series, but was curious if the pilot would show how Allie moved in with Kate--it doesn't..cute, but not something I'd binge watch (terrarium apk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE RIDE TO HANGMAN'S TREE, a remake of BLACK BART, with Jack Lord in the lead role.

It's on Starz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us