FredCDobbs

What Are You Watching Now?

2,452 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, NickAndNora34 said:

Upon looking at my Netflix watchlist, I realized it was probably about time I did something about the 50-some movies on it. I have begun getting through this rather extensive list; I started "The Iron Giant" last night, although I didn't finish as I decided to be responsible and get enough sleep before I had to wake up early for my nannying job. 

I'm neglecting my Netflix watchlist and decided to re-watch Disney's "Mulan" for the umpteenth time. What can I say, Disney is my kryptonite. 

On 11/1/2017 at 8:56 PM, speedracer5 said:

I am listening to the Boris Karloff/Bela Lugosi series on my podcast, "You Must Remember This" and it made me want to see the original Frankenstein.  I'm not typically a fan of horror movies, but I find the classic horror movies are more palatable than contemporary horror films.  Plus, I love Young Frankenstein which essentially pays homage to the Universal horror films, so I'd like to see where they got their original inspiration.  I thought I had recorded Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein, but I think they were recorded on my old DVR, which I had to trade in because the hard drive failed.  Obviously, these films were checked out from the library, but are due back soon, so I placed a request for both.  In my podcast, they keep including clips of Karloff speaking in his films and I can't help but picture "The Grinch" saying these words.

This is a very well done podcast. I recommend it to anyone interested in classic films and the behind the scenes stories.