Sign in to follow this  
SueSueApplegate

SUE SUE'S TCM FESTIVAL TRAVEL BLOG...

312 posts in this topic

For all the "Sue Sue" fans still reading the original thread: Don't forget about TCM's Ultimate Fan Contest!

And thank you for reading about all the fun I have had at the previous four festivals!

There are already 28 entries, and you could be lucky enough to win, visit the festival on al all expenses paid journey, and introduce a film with Robert Osborne!

Follow the link to see the videos already posted, and read the contest rules: http://fancontest.tcm.com/

My friend and comedian, Rachel Hamilton, writes her own article about her fabulous great-grandmother, Florence Bates, here: http://www.rachelhamiltonimprov.com/1/post/2013/12/my-****-kicking-great-grandmother.html?

image_zps8c58410b.jpg

I was lucky enough to interview the fabulous Rachel Hamilton and her mother Ann for my article entitled "It's a Grand Feeling" for the "What A Character" Blogathon: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/florence-bates-its-a-grand-feeling/

And I want to thank everyone who continues to read the original "Sue Sue" thread. It has been so much fun to write about the details of many of the exciting events at the last four TCMFF's.

Here's a link to my latest article on *The Examiner* concerning another actress not honored by the 'In Memoriam' sequence at The Academy Awards: http://www.examiner.com/article/most-sincerely-dead-oscar-s-snub

Why they don't engage TCM's professional staff of producers and researchers to prepare the popular 'In Memoriam' sequence is a fact that eludes me, and many others.

I appreciate all the lovely comments and discussions I've been able to enjoy while writing the articles on "Sue Sue!"

Many heartfelt thanks! Read "Sue Sue II" for festival news and updates during the 2014 Festival.

With the migration to the newer, improved TCM Message Boards, I am grateful that the original "Sue Sue" thread, with over 55,000 words from some of my 3,352 posts made up to August 11, of 2010, has been made a part of this great online community. Thank you, TCM and TCM Message Board members!

As I have been enjoying the wonderful movies on TCM´s Summer Under The Stars 2014, I am grateful that Message Board members continue to enjoy the original ¨Sue Sue¨ thread here on the TCM Film Festivals Forum. All of my articles concerning the TCM Film Festival have reached over 140,000 views on the TCM Mesage Boards and the Silver Screen Oasis. Our favorite channel and our favorite film festival continúes to be popular. Thank you all for your interest, support, time, and consideration. Announcements about the TCM Film Festival in 2015 will be coming sometime soon.

This is the thread where you can read archived posts concerning the first festivals. I am grateful that Message Board members continue to enjoy the original ¨Sue Sue¨ thread here on the TCM Film Festivals Forum. All of my articles concerning the TCM Film Festival have reached over 140,000 views on the TCM Mesage Boards and the Silver Screen Oasis. Our favorite channel and our favorite film festival continúes to be popular. Thank you all for your interest, support, time, and consideration.

Announcements about the TCM Film Festival in 2015 can be found here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com

This is the thread where you can read archived posts concerning the first festivals. I am grateful that Message Board members continue to enjoy the original ¨Sue Sue¨ thread here on the TCM Film Festivals Forum. All of my articles concerning the TCM Film Festival have reached over 140,000 views on the TCM Mesage Boards and the Silver Screen Oasis. Our favorite channel and our favorite film festival continúes to be popular. Thank you all for your interest, support, time, and consideration.

THANK YOU for all your efforts!   

• Like 1

And thank you, for your sweet comment, Jamesjazzguitar! It's soon to be six years of TCM Festival fun! :-)

Hope to see you if you are coming this year! :-)

Want to review some of the fun from the very first festival in 2010?

This thread includes posts concerning festival news until December of 2013.

Thanks for visiting some of my earlier articles and visitor comments!

Hope to see you this April in Hollywood for the 7th TCM Film Festival!

Want to reminisce about previous festivals?  This thread had some of my very first reports about the TCM Film Festival, beginning in June of 2010...

Thanks for stopping by!

Sue Sue has been visited more than 250,000 times on different websites and threads...