THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

3,204 posts in this topic

*Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde* , famous for the sequence in which he went from J to H in one camera shot, no stoppages, no makeup changes. (??)

Sixes and MovieMan;

Got nothing at the moment. Go ahead with Movieman's question.

cmvgor

Is this thread's "Ultimate movie trivia" distinguished from the existing thread"Movie trivia"?

Edited by: finance on Jun 26, 2010 10:02 AM

I've got one--

Who was the first #1 Top Box Office Movie Star to die from illegal drug addiction?

The way it works around here is that the last poster with the correct answer gets to ask the question if they want, if not they leave the thread open. mr.6's guessed correctly, so we wait for him tp post a question.

cujas sorry, didn't see that you had posted a question. However I still don't see where 6's left the thread open since he answered Heston correctly. I couldn't care less who goes, my comment was for movieman. As a new poster he may not be aware of the rules around here.

Eve--that's one that only my mother would remember.

You're a national treasure!

It's all yours--

Though I didn?t exactly remember the event (since Wallace Reid died in the ?20s when my own mom was in diapers), I did remember the legend of his infamous death?thanks?will be back?

Here's one:

This actor agreed to star in a Joan Crawford movie but then tried to back out after reading the script. His lawyer advised him to stick with the film and he did.

Actor and film?

Very good guess?but not John Garfield?I imagine a few actors considered backing out on Miss Crawford, but who would dare?? This actor made many films but never became a top star?

No, tho a good guess, it?s not Zachary Scott. Seems Miss Crawford had a penchant, once she?d become a Top Movie Star, for selecting leading men who were not as legendary as she?this actor is best remembered for another film in which he starred with a beauty who was 15 years younger than Crawford and only about a decade younger than her leading man?

When movie stars say" I'm ready for my close-up", they have one man to thank for the technique.

Please name this cinematographer, his boss-director, and one example of a film where he used this device. Brownie point for the name of the duos star.

FYI--This was a question from my Film 101 Class in College

Edited by: cujas on Jun 28, 2010 4:07 PM

Mr. 6, I cannot deny that that close-up was the first one they showed in film class.

However, the popularization and artistic development of the close-up has always been attributed to

Billy Bitzer, DW Griffith's cameraman, in films like *Orphans of the Storm*91921) and *Broken Blossoms*(1919) starring Lillian Gish.

Since I'm not the Movie Professor--I won't argue with you--

Mr. 6 its all yours!