DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

3,967 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, MarshaKatz said:

Next:  Wealthy rancher hires four adventurous men to bring back his kidnapped wife from a Mexican bandit.

The Professionals

59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Professionals

The Professionals is correct, lavenderblue.  Great film from director/writer Richard Brooks. A personal favorite of mine.  Good job...it's your turn.

Thanks Marsha :)

A man pretends to care about a woman so that her wealthy father will back his show

No, sorry it's not that film. However, one of stars is the same in both films. Please read all the clues, other than the Broadway show and a man looking for backing those things did not happen in Tea For Two

5 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

No, sorry it's not that film. However, one of stars is the same in both films. Please read all the clues, other than the Broadway show and a man looking for backing those things did not happen in Tea For Two

lavender, 

The only other film I can think of is "Lucky Me" which also stars Doris Day....could that be the film?

Thanks, lavender,

Next: A beautiful, headstrong, independent Victorian era English woman has her pick of suitors.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:50 PM, MarshaKatz said:

Thanks, lavender,

Next: A beautiful, headstrong, independent Victorian era English woman has her pick of suitors.

clue: she inherits a farm and raises sheep

On 7/23/2018 at 2:48 PM, MarshaKatz said:

clue: she inherits a farm and raises sheep

clue: Our heroine's three suitors are a soldier, a wealthy middle-aged bachelor farmer, and a shepherd of modest means

On 7/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, MarshaKatz said:

clue: Our heroine's three suitors are a soldier, a wealthy middle-aged bachelor farmer, and a shepherd of modest means

Clue: Our heroine marries the soldier and he along with the farmhands celebrate and get drunk. A tremendous storm occurs, which threatens destroying the harvest. The shepherd helps our heroine in saving her crop.

19 hours ago, MarshaKatz said:

Clue: Our heroine marries the soldier and he along with the farmhands celebrate and get drunk. A tremendous storm occurs, which threatens destroying the harvest. The shepherd helps our heroine in saving her crop.

Clue: based on the novel by Thomas Hardy

19 hours ago, MarshaKatz said:

Clue: based on the novel by Thomas Hardy

Let's try to wrap this up.....the film is directed by John Schlesinger and was shot on location in Dorset and Wiltshire in England

lavender, 

You've got it! For awhile I was beginning to think no one had seen this film. It's a personal favorite of mine. The thread is yours.

Here's one:

It's Christmas 1183 and King Henry II is planning to announce the successor to his throne. 

4 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

The Lion In Winter?

Det Jim,

You're absolutely correct! "The Lion In Winter" is the film.  I love this movie from the beginning to the end. The performances are all superb and the pairing of Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn is sheer bliss. 

It's your turn, now.