DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

3,965 posts in this topic

A minority stockholder in a large corporation attends her first stockholders’ meeting and takes on the crooked board of directors with her questions.

23 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

The Notorious Landlady?

The Notorious Landlady is Correct Star. Jack Lemmon, Kim Novak and Fred Astaire. It's a fun film and again wish TCM would show it more often. Good work, your thread Star :)

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

Lucy Gallant

Jane Wyman as Lucy Gallant. No one shows this film anymore, a few years ago I watched it on youtube. The list of films I wish TCM and other stations show is getting longer and longer, Glad you recognized the film Star, your thread

19 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Jane Wyman as Lucy Gallant. No one shows this film anymore, a few years ago I watched it on youtube. The list of films I wish TCM and other stations show is getting longer and longer, Glad you recognized the film Star, your thread

Believe it or not, lav, I've never seen the film and I wasn't even familiar with the plot.  I just tried to figure out what female star in the 50's fit the scenario you described and I started out thinking it might have been Greer Garson.  Next I moved on to Jane Wyman and voila!  Anyway, continuing...

A down on their luck aristocratic couple allows tourists to take guided tours of the castle in which they reside.