DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

3,828 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Star

A young woman who is pregnant out of wedlock finds out that the father, a man she loves, was killed in an accident

My Foolish Heart  ?

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

My Foolish Heart  ?

I'm thinking of another film but My Foolish Heart fits the 1 clue so far, the thread is yours Princess :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Slightly Honorable - Edward Arnold and Pat O'Brien ???

I'd say Pat O'Brien and Broderick Crawford.

But Edward Arnold did head up the character actors with this little gem of a mystery directed by Tay Garnett.

Also in the fine cast were Eve Arden, Janet Beecher, Willie Best and the show stealer Ruth Terry.

I like this one so much I've had it on VHS and DVD.

Lav, right as usual!

It's your turn.....

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Man gets off work

A woman follows him to the subway

Adam's Rib - Tom Ewell gets off work and Judy Holiday his wife, follows him to Jean Hagen's apartment ??????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Adam's Rib - Tom Ewell gets off work and Judy Holiday his wife, follows him to Jean Hagen's apartment ??????

I know this is an easy one , but I just recently watched the whole movie all the way through, for maybe the 3rd time and it is simply fantastic.

It's an understatement to say they don't make those kind of movies anymore,

But I guess you have to have those kind of actresses, actors, writers and directors too.

Hope Emerson always cracks me up. Next to "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", which I saw twice on the big screen in the day, this is my favorite Tracy- Hepburn movie. What's yours?

Lav, great going and great opening shots of your New York--your turn.....

I love Adam's Rib and I also love Pat and Mike. I've watched and loved both since I was a teen. Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin wrote the scripts, they were great friends of Tracy and Hepburn's and wrote the scripts with both Tracy and Hepburn in mind.

• Like 1

Thanks Princess :)

A prim and proper girl meets a man she's going to work with. He takes her out and she unknowingly gets drunk because of the drinks he orders

24 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

The Bride Goes Wild?

That's the film Star. I think this film is so funny. I thought Van Johnson, Hume Cronyn and the Jenkins kid were hilarious. Despite many here who don't like June, I did and do so tough noo-gies to the nay sayers LOL. Good work, your thread Star :)

45 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

That's the film Star. I think this film is so funny. I thought Van Johnson, Hume Cronyn and the Jenkins kid were hilarious. Despite many here who don't like June, I did and do so tough noo-gies to the nay sayers LOL. Good work, your thread Star :)

I agree with you, lav.  I also think The Bride Goes Wild is a funny film, and I don't have any problems with June Allyson.  In fact, she's the star of one of my very favorite musicals, Good News.

Moving on:

A family tries to eat breakfast with various kitchenware items, since one of their servants has taken off with all of their silverware.

A man is driving up a mountainside in a wheezing jalopy of a car that’s about to give out.  When he gets out of the car to go to a nearby well to get some water, the car rolls backward down the mountainside and over a cliff.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, starliteyes said:

I agree with you, lav.  I also think The Bride Goes Wild is a funny film, and I don't have any problems with June Allyson.  In fact, she's the star of one of my very favorite musicals, Good News.

Moving on:

A family tries to eat breakfast with various kitchenware items, since one of their servants has taken off with all of their silverware.

Merrily We Live

Starring Constance Bennett & Billie Burke

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Merrily We Live

That's the one, Princess!  I just watched this movie for the first time a few days ago and really enjoyed it, although I couldn't help being reminded of My Man Godfrey a number of times throughout the film.

You're up next.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 6:55 PM, starliteyes said:

That's the one, Princess!  I just watched this movie for the first time a few days ago and really enjoyed it, although I couldn't help being reminded of My Man Godfrey a number of times throughout the film.

You're up next.

Princess, it's your thread

On 6/2/2019 at 4:22 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Merrily We Live

Princess, Star said your answer is correct, it's your thread

37 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Princess, Star said your answer is correct, it's your thread

Lav, I pass. You can have this thread.