THEMovieman

Hitchcock Mania

1,059 posts in this topic

Well, I'm having fun too. Hitchcock was enamored of Grace long before he actually used her for the first time. Your thread, cujas.

Hitch discovered a non-English-speaking actor for the Anglophone movies, that is the actor's native language wasn't English. This actor became a Hollywood star.

Please name the actor and the film (s) he appeared in directed by The Master of Suspense.

This actor appeared in 2 films for Hitch. He's Peter Lorre--the films were *The Man Who Knew Too Much* & *Secret Agent*.

Mr. 6, you're terrific too.

Go for it!

Not SABOTEUR. This movie was later, and represented 5 significant firsts for Hitchcock.

Edited by: finance on Jul 10, 2010 10:04 AM

I think lavender?s got it?*Rope* was AH?s first film after his Selznick contract (mercifully) ended, it was his first film with James Stewart?as well as Farley Granger?his first experimental film with extended takes of up to 10 min?his first color film, indeed, his first Technicolor film (major, considering his Technicolor (VistaVision) triumphs of the 1950s)?his first Transatlantic Pictures production?my vote?s with you, LB19, right or wrong?

Lavender is correct. It IS ROPE. In addition to what Eve said, it was the master's first film as a producer, and also his first film for Warner Brothers. LB's thread.

Thank You My Lady, and my vote is ALWAYS with YOU!

Thank you, finance.

During the filming of one of Hitch's films, the conditions were not the best. Out of gratitude what gift did Hitch give to which actress?

Correct on both counts. Tallulah had pneumonia 2x, poor Hume Cronyn wound up with 2 cracked ribs and production had to be stopped 2x. Hitch had already named the puppy Hitchcock when he gave it to Tallulah.

Great work eve, you're up

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jul 11, 2010 3:51 PM

Thanks lavender, great question?

This Hitchcock film was a significant first in a couple of ways?for Hitchcock and historically. And you could almost say it starred two actresses in the same role?

The film, its significance, & why two actresses?

MARNIE? Tippi Hedren as Marnie: Melody Thomas Scott (Marnie as a child)?....This probably isn't it, because Scott appeared only briefly, But the film you're looking for must have an actress playing someone as an adult, and another sctress playing her as a child.

Edited by: finance on Jul 12, 2010 10:14 AM

Nice try, but I?m thinking of an earlier film?remember the historical aspect?and the two actresses angle is a little different than you?re thinking?

To move this along?the film was historic for Hitchcock, it was also historic for the British film industry?There were two versions of the film, one version featured only one actress in the starring role?in the other version, two women were involved?

Good guess, but no?you are closer to the era of the film I?m talking about. Remember, it?s one film (one title), two versions ? though one version has been seen much more than the other (and it?s the one that involves two actresses in the starring role).

You might consider what momentous change was going on in the film industry around that time?