THEMovieman

Hitchcock Mania

1,059 posts in this topic

100% correct, Lavender.  Teresa Wright's leading man in "Casanova Brown" was Gary Cooper.  She had already played his wife in "Pride Of The Yankees" (1942), where he portrayed Lou Gehrig. 

Good work, Lavender.  It's your thread now. 

Hitch was a family man. His wife collaborated with him in several areas of production. His daughter acted in several of his films.

And he even had his personal pets make an appearance in one of his films.

When you identify that movie, also tell us what kind of pets they were-- please be detailed in the description.

35 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Hitch was a family man. His wife collaborated with him in several areas of production. His daughter acted in several of his films.

And he even had his personal pets make an appearance in one of his films.

When you identify that movie, also tell us what kind of pets they were-- please be detailed in the description.

What comes to mind immediately is seeing Hitchcock coming out of the pet shop where Melanie is headed and he's walking his 2 white terriers in The Birds ??

10 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

What comes to mind immediately is seeing Hitchcock coming out of the pet shop where Melanie is headed and he's walking his 2 white terriers in The Birds ??

Yes, Hitchcock was a lover of terriers just like me. His two were a rare breed of Welsh  terriers called Sealyham Terriers.

I've owned many Terriers and I've seen quite a few in the United States, but I've never seen sealyhams, have you?

Lav, this was a dog lovers question and so I knew you'd get it right too.

Your turn.....

Thanks Princess :)

This actor appeared in some Hitchcock films and appeared in many episodes of Hitch's tv show. Who was he, the Hitch films and how many episodes of the tv show???

My first thought was John Williams..had to check on the Tony Award...turns out he won it for Dial M for Murder, and he repeated the role in the '54 film.

He was also in To Catch a Thief, and The Paradine Case

He was in 10 episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents..the one that stands out in my mind is "Back for Christmas"..he buries his wife in the basement, but a 'gift' from her exposes his crime.

1 hour ago, shutoo said:

My first thought was John Williams..had to check on the Tony Award...turns out he won it for Dial M for Murder, and he repeated the role in the '54 film.

He was also in To Catch a Thief, and The Paradine Case

He was in 10 episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents..the one that stands out in my mind is "Back for Christmas"..he buries his wife in the basement, but a 'gift' from her exposes his crime.

Your 1st thought was the right one shutoo. Yes, John Williams played the role of Inspector Hubbard from Dial M For Murder 3 times, the film, the play and q TV movie and won the Tony for the Broadway role. I've noticed him so often on Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Hitch must have been very fond of him. I agree with you about that episode and for a change instead of a good guy he's the bad guy.Good work, your thread.