Sign in to follow this  
hlywdkjk

Diorama Artist as a Career Choice?

75 posts in this topic

*"LOL, those two were directed at me, weren't they?"* - filmlover

Honestly, they weren't. It is just how they've come up in the "queue". I have all the postings in a text file - and the one below is posting #6. Tomorrow morning is posting #7, etc.

Kyle In Hollywood

Okay, well, then, they are They Met in Bombay and Two-Faced Woman. I'll leave the next group for someone else.

But I really like these pieces.

*If they just "stall" when loading, try right-clicking on the partially loaded pic and choose "Show Picture".* - hlywdkjk

Thanks, that's what I've always done. But for three days it's given me fits. Seems to be working a little better tonight. Hopefully they'll get it fixed.

*I'll also see about uploading smaller files.*

Please don't, I (and everyone else) love them the way they are. Don't tinker with perfection. :-) My problem is just temporary.

I'm pretty sure the first one is *Stand by for Action* , but I have no guess as to the second.

*"I'm pretty sure the first one is Stand by for Action , but I have no guess as to the second."* - smileys

You're correct on the first image. And the second image is probably the most difficult to identify of all that will be posted in this update.

kjk

Kyle,

Since there have been a few attempts on that one,and I think I know what it is, would you mind if I ventured forth my guess?

filmlover

*"Chief, Is it Song of Love ?"* - lzcutter

Nope.

*"...would you mind if I ventured forth my guess?"* - filmlover

Why don't you post who you think are the dancers in the image first.

Kyle In Hollywood

Why don't you post who you think are the dancers in the image first.

Kyle In Hollywood

Oh, this is so unfair. You don't ask that of anyone else. LOL, I make one mistake about Roz and must suffer penance for the rest of my life?

Sigh...

Norma Shearer and Melvyn Douglas.

And the title, since I am not allowed to say it yet, is what is happening in the picture.

Definitely *Tortilla Flat* ; *Babes on Broadway* or *Love Finds Andy Hardy* ; maybe *Whistling in Brooklyn* ; and I'll let filmlover finish what he started on the difficult one. No clue on #2.

You're "Whistling" in the wrong place with that guess and with which Andy Hardy movie is portrayed in the first image. (That shirt stud is important.)

And 'filmlover' can add his title to the one still not named from yesterday. He got the cast right.

Kyle In Hollywood

I'll guess *Andy Hardy Meets Debutante* and *Whistling in Dixie* for the two before the last ones you posted. I find some of these pretty hard. The first of the last two, I know the actors, (I think) but can't guess the film.

Edited by: molo14 on Jun 26, 2011 3:19 PM

*"I'll guess Andy Hardy Meets Debutante and Whistling in Dixie for the two before the last ones you posted."* - molo14

And you are correct on both counts. Nicely done.

And 'smileys' was correct with his guess of *Tortilla Flat* for the trio under the tree posted below and 'filmlover' was correct with *We Were Dancing* for the pair of dancers that stumped nearly everyone.

I've never seen the film represented with the image posted with the *Tortilla Flat* image. But I do recognize the duo. For a start, does anyone else recognize the actors?

Kyle In Hollywood

Weird, I thought it was Jean Arthur instead of Jeanette MacDonald! :-) I'm disappointed I missed that one since I finally got to see *Bitter Sweet* last year.

*In the Good Old Summertime* , and the first one might be *The Human Comedy* . :-)

'filmlover' is right again. The image is for *Bitter Sweet*. (Do you think that is that supposed to be 'cobblestones" at the bottom of the image?)

*"In the Good Old Summertime", and the first one might be "The Human Comedy"?"* - smileys

I did say that some of the postings would be "more than obvious" - like *The Human Comedy*. But the other image is not for *In The Good Old Summertime*.

Kyle In Hollywood