Sign in to follow this  
FloydDBarber

Please forgive me but HELP!!!

11 posts in this topic

I wanted to post something to the Technical Issues thread but I was totally bumped out of the thread 3 or 4 times.

This is my second actual post today. I have been on the forum for 30 minutes and I was able to access maybe 5 pages in various threads.

It takes about 3 minutes from the time I hit enter until I can actually get into a thread or try to respond to a post. Usually I am bumped out of the thread.

Is this the problem most people are having.

I was a member of another forum that had over 10,000 members and the forum actually had members register by the area of the country they were living.

I don't know how many servers are used for a site as huge as TCM but is there any advantage to having people from different parts of the country sign in on different servers?

Sorry to post this, but I am getting frustrated. I love this forum but I can't afford to spend 30 minutes and only be able to access 6 pages.

Thank you.

Don't feel bad, if I'm inactive for 15 minutes, I have to sign in again.

As for when it's slow to load a page, I find that clicking several times in succession gets me around that hurdle. If the hourglass shows up, I click two or three times and I usually get right in.

My problem is different. I have never been bumped off or have to log in again but when I post a reply, after hitting the I have to disconnect and reconnect for the post to go through. It takes only a couple of min so its no big deal.

I use 56K dialup and has been a little on the fast side for the past month. Still it takes time to navigate so this is why I stay mainly to General Discussions and once in a blue moon Hot Topics.

My internet is very simple, only about 6 sites, a few photos/diagrams and thats about it.

I have noticed that it takes forever for pages here to load in the last few days. But the problem is sporadic. Right now it is okay. But earlier today, it was terribly slow and frustrating.

It used to be impossible for me to post here with the Windows Browser I was using but someone mentioned they always used Mozilla Firefox, so I downloaded their browser and have had no problems posting here since. I have dial-up as well (I promise I'm going to get to the 21st Century eventually).

Everytime I hit reply I get kicked out, so I go back in and post my reply and then it doesn't take so I have to open another TCM site copy and paste it where I want it, its gonna get old soon

cat

I just searched "firefox" and got to their website, where you can download their browser at no charge. I am not very tech savvy so if I can do it, you can too.

I second the suggestion to get Firefox.

Mostly I post here while I'm at work (sssh!), so I have no choice.

Buit with another message board I participate in I was having nothing but problems while I was using Explorer. Since I got Firefox at home I have no problems with it.

Just Google Firefox or Mozilla... you'll find it.

> {quote:title=HarryLong wrote:}{quote} I second the suggestion to get Firefox.

I agree. If you got back far enough, you'll find a lot of discussions about Firefox. Some people were adamant that they "shouldn't have to" use Firefox over IE and I agree with them, but until TCM gets its act together, it seems to be the only reliable way to make this thing work. These problems have been going on so long that I've forgotten when they started, but early on I went to FF and it eliminated most of them for me. Now and then, I'll try IE and it still doesn't work right.