Sign in to follow this  
dogman_dan

Another war movie question

4 posts in this topic

My brothers looking for an old WWII movie he saw but says he can only remember one part.

Basically its an American soldier, posing as a German soldier but who gets discovered because of the way he was eating his dinner and then gets shot.

Any ideas? Pretty vague huh?

Thanks

> {quote:title=dogman_dan wrote:}{quote} ... Basically its an American soldier, posing as a German soldier but who gets discovered because of the way he was eating his dinner and then gets shot.

Actually, I think that's been used several times in movies and TV shows, (maybe an episode of COMBAT) sometimes with a variation. If I remember correctly in, the James Cagney film, 13 RUE MADELEINE one of the characters is an American spy and gets caught or shot for that reason.

Well Id be the little brother. What I remember from this movie is they are on a patrol through the snow. They are US soldiers on a mission, but I dont remember what it is. They come up to a house where their contact is at, and are talking with her in the house. While eating dinner, she keeps looking at one of the soldiers. he is eating differently then all the all other and thats how she knows hes a german spy. she grabs one of the soldiers .45's, and waste the dude as hes eating. any help with this one? It was in color as well.

Edited by: firefox93 on Sep 19, 2010 4:31 AM