Sign in to follow this  
SWF

NIGHTWING Comes To Sony's DVD-R Program

5 posts in this topic

Here it is, newly remastered and anamorphic: [NIGHTWING|http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/columbiaclassics/the-films/film.php?catalogid=10183&sphesku_index=0&upc=043396354883]

Because then you'd have these little, hairy Republicans flying around on bat wings sucking blood from the populace, not that it would much of a stretch from our current predicament . . .

'Nightwing' should have been scary but it hardly was that. In retrospect, I can't even imagine how it got made at all. Must have been riding on the public interest in bats caused by some other flick, possibly the 'Dracula' starring Frank Langella? I forget which came first.

Anyway, 'Nightwing' stars David Warner in a support role and an interesting actor in the lead, one I've always liked: Nick Mancuso. Nick didn't have a big movie career but whatever he appears in, he stands out.

The problem with 'Nightwing' is that its just a flock of bats. Written by Martin Cruz Smith? Same author who later gave us the outstanding, 'Gorky Park' I seem to recall.