Sign in to follow this  
cujas

From Broadway to Hollywood

1,708 posts in this topic

Let's keep all the original information below in our heads--

Hint: Actor's 1st Oscar award nomination was Supporting Actor for a 50's film that introduced one of Hollywood's legendary female superstars of the 50's and 60's.

FYI--This actor's TV show was "bigger" than *My Favorite Maritian* and he was the star.

This '40s Broadway revue had a similar premise as a multi-Oscar-winning film of the '40s. One of its stars was also a co-star of a landmark musical film of the late '40s.. The Broadway revue was made into a film in the early '50s which was a musical, but many of the songs from the revue were deleted. The film starred a woman who was big box office.. Name of revue and film?

Edited by: finance on Jun 22, 2011 3:43 PM

No.......The revue was about the same broad topic as a huge '40s film directed by William Wyler.

Edited by: finance on Jun 24, 2011 3:16 PM

No..... Another song from the revue was about Christmas season in Manhattan, on the East Side.

Edited by: finance on Jun 26, 2011 3:18 PM

Yet another song from this revue was about Latin America.....cujas, where are you? You should know this.

Edited by: finance on Jun 27, 2011 9:50 AM

Edited by: finance on Jun 27, 2011 3:27 PM

The "Call Me Mister" original cast recording was the first music of any kind I ever listened to, when I was about 3 years old. My grandparents owned it..... Thread is open.

This Broadway producer had his own theatre, shows and also produced movies.

You might say he was famous for his girls.

Metz, Just so happens I was thinking of Earl Carroll and you were first. But I guess Ziggy produced one movie so that answer would be correct also.

Metz is up--

Sometimes the Broadway playwright wrote the screenplay for the movie adaptation of his/her work and sometimes not.

And Sometimes the playwright wrote the screenplay for a film adapted from somebody else's novel.

And Sometimes the playwright wrote an original screenplay for a movie.

Please give me an example of all the above: There will be 4 answers. But, take care, there doesn't have to be 4 different playwrights mentioned.

Edited by: cujas on Jul 13, 2011 7:27 PM

Playwrights on Parade--

The question below says it all--you can give 4 different answers or just one will do.