Sign in to follow this  
jh33

Jean Harlow Box Set

5 posts in this topic

On Dec. 28. 2010 the box set called TCM Greatest Classic Legends : Jean Harlow ( Films in set Dinner At Eight, Libeled Lady , China Seas and Wife Vs. Secretary ). It would have been great to have films not yet on DVD in the collection. Maybe for her 100th anniversary (March 2011)

JH, I wish we would see all these marketing efforts, artwork, distribution and shelf-space donated to previously-unreleased titles, too. That massive Bogart "trunk" of films. This Harlow set. So many others. Hrumph.

On Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM, jh33 said:

On Dec. 28. 2010 the box set called TCM Greatest Classic Legends : Jean Harlow ( Films in set Dinner At Eight, Libeled Lady , China Seas and Wife Vs. Secretary ). It would have been great to have films not yet on DVD in the collection. Maybe for her 100th anniversary (March 2011)

That's the set I've got too. Those are great films, especially Dinner at eight and Wife vs secretary. But I haven't been able to locate the set which has Bombshell, Platinum blonde, Red headed woman, and Saratoga. I want those also.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, Allenex said:

That's the set I've got too. Those are great films, especially Dinner at eight and Wife vs secretary. But I haven't been able to locate the set which has Bombshell, Platinum blonde, Red headed woman, and Saratoga. I want those also.

In 2011 there was a set put out by the Warner Archive with seven burned discs in it:

JEAN HARLOW 7-MOVIE COLLECTION

BOMBSHELL Glamour queen Lola (Harlow) is quitting the movie biz - something her manipulative press agent (Lee Tracy) can't allow!

THE GIRL FROM MISSOURI Eadie's not easy! A plucky bachelorette (Harlow) intends to bag a New York millionaire...without abandoning her virtue.

PERSONAL PROPERTY Glittery fun! Debt-ridden socialite Harlow puts on a show of wealth to impress a suitor who's also making a pretense of fortune. Robert Taylor is the butler who sees through the ruses.

RECKLESS Harlow goes dramatic as a Broadway star accused of murder after the death of her high-living, high-society hubby. With William Powell, the last real-life love of Harlow's short life.

RIFFRAFF She works in a cannery. He's a fisherman. But their playful romance is fated to give way to a tragedy surrounding union activism. She's Harlow, he's Spencer Tracy.

SARATOGA The flag is up for thoroughbred fun as Harlow is engaged to a millionaire, but drawn to Clark Gable.

SUZY A heroine buffeted by fate! Harlow, Cary Grant and Franchot Tone in a World War I triangle of romance and spy intrigue.

Red Headed Woman is in TCM Archives: Forbidden Hollywood Collection - Volume One (Waterloo Bridge / Baby Face / Red-Headed Woman)   I think this is out of print too, but at least copies are out there on Amazon and probably elsewhere. Plus this set is pressed.

Platinum Blonde is on pressed but out of print DVD from Columbia. Amazon still has people selling copies at prices that are not too crazy. I hope that this helps.