THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

2,210 posts in this topic

cujas, I'm pretty sure I'm correct, to keep the thread moving I'll post a question.

A man and a woman are taken to a mansion by a man they met in their travels.Another man who owns the mansion and the man who has taken them there are enemies. The man who has taken them there, wants to know what has happened to his wife and daughter.

Hello, mr.6. Glad to see you back on the bds. :)

It is the very cool *Black Cat* with Lugosi and Karloff. Such a fun film, just watched it the other night. Wish it was shown more often. Please stick around, we need you. Your thread.

My source was just as vague. These initials were scrawled on the wall of the dungeon.

Thread is open

Also the first horror film to be nominated for Best Picture (losing to The Sting)

*The Exorcist (1973)*

Thank you, mudskipper

Please name this film

An early talkie, this film is the second film version of the 1920 hit Broadway play. The first film version of the play, 1926, was directed by the same person. Just as in the play and the first film, people explore an old mansion looking for a hidden treasure while a caped killer picks them off one by one. This film is noted by Bob Kane as one of the inspirations for some elements of the Batman character, which he created.

Must be "The Bat" (1926) and "The Bat Whispers"(1930), both directed by Roland West and adapted from the classic novel, "The Bat" , by Mary Roberts Rhinehart....I read her novel, "The Afterhouse", when I was in high school. It has pretty much the same plot, except the killer has an axe and the story happens on a ship...

...no response for four days; assuming abandoned thread...

The guy just won't stay dead. You keep on killing him, and he just keeps on coming back. Even after you throw him in the water, he comes back. Soaking wet. Late 1970s.

..food low; water almost gone.. will resume search

Now this is a can-o-worms.. First guess: *Halloween (1978)* ?

Not from the Halloween franchise.

A man who has established himself as a performer after years of work has returned to his home town. Yearns to meet his highschool sweetheart again.

(16,907)

In an early scene, the performer bombs when he tries a standup routine. In a later sequence, after changing his act, he makes a hit with a ventriloquist performance.

Just short of 100 Views. Anthony Hopkins, Ann-Margaret. The old 'the-dummy-is-running-the-act' plot.

Burgess Meredith was the agent who just wouldn't die. Sixes' thread.

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}one of my favs I wish "Underground" would show.

>

> -Elsa Lancaster's character's appearance as BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN was based on what famous historical figure??

I was confused by the wording of your question. I knew Lanchester played both roles, but I thought of Shelley as the "historical" figure.

Thanks, mr.6., nice compliment :)

This actor left movie making for a career as a writer. He was in some of the most famous Horror films. He said he never saw this particular Classic that is well known by most on the planet. He never had any interest in seeing it. He even asked fans not to send him any videos of the film. Actor and this Famous Horror classic film ??