THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

2,210 posts in this topic

"Countess Dracula" (1971), starring Ingrid Pitt as Elizabeth Bathory and Nigel Green as her lover?

Sorry, no. The film in question is more from the mad scientist genre of horror. It's about a group of people who prolong their lives by killing young women. They have the advantage of running an institution which gives them a supply of young ladies, who die mysteriously. 

American film, a bit earlier than Countess Dracula.

Sorry, no. The film in question is more from the mad scientist genre of horror. It's about a group of people who prolong their lives by killing young women. They have the advantage of running an institution which gives them a supply of young ladies, who die mysteriously. 

American film, a bit earlier than Countess Dracula.

Hint: 1950s film, produced by a prolific producer of low budget horror. The same year he made this film, he produced a film with one of most ludicrously cheap-looking monsters in film history.

"The Woman Eater" (1958)--Starring George Coulouris and Vera Day?

No -- sorry. Good guess, but not the right film. The one I'm going for was released the year before, during that great year for horror, 1957. It was produced by a man whom one might call the doyen of shlock horror. Columbia Pictures.

Think Caged, but with mad scientists instead of evil matrons!

In this film, young ladies make it possible for old f arts to stay youthful.

Name the movie and two of the venerable actors who played villain and villainess.

The Man Who Turned to Stone (1957) - I haven't seen this one, either, so I'll guess that the villains are Victor Jory and Ann Doran?

photo-le-penitencier-de-la-peur-the-man-

The Man Who Turned to Stone (1957) - I haven't seen this one, either, so I'll guess that the villains are Victor Jory and Ann Doran?

That's it Lawrence. Your thread.

the-man-who-turned-to-stone-half-sheet-1

This late-50s horror-thriller was made when it's director, a longtime maker of forgettable "B" pictures for Columbia, mortgaged his home to form his own production company. The movie was a decent hit, and set in motion one of the more memorable careers in horror-dom.

Name the movie, the director and a couple of stars.

Correct, film lover. William Castle literally bet the house on it.

Your thread.

macabre-1958-film-william-castle-ad-mat.

This low budget horror film features another mad scientist who brings the dead back to life.  Rover becomes a vampire in this one.  Name the film, director,and two stars.

I think this is another one I haven't seen: Is it The Face of Marble (1946) directed by William Beaudine and starring John Carradine, Claudia Drake, and Robert Shayne? 

thefaceofmarble.jpg

In this feature a scientist on death row invents an anti-aging serum (because they let you work on that kind of thing on death row), and he uses it on himself. It works, with side effects, naturally.

Name the movie, and the two leads.

In this feature a scientist on death row invents an anti-aging serum (because they let you work on that kind of thing on death row), and he uses it on himself. It works, with side effects, naturally.

Name the movie, and the two leads.

Before I Hang

Boris Karloff, Evelyn Keyes

This movie opens with an experimental treatment for cancer involving a patient whose temperature is lowered to 88 degrees F. The film was made in the years before air conditioning was common, because, in addition to dumping ice cubes on the woman, the scientist has two fans blowing. When they wake her up, they give her hot coffee, poured into a tube from what looks like a gravy boat.

(The film's star does not appear in the opening scene.)

Name the film, the star, and the prolific B movie director.

Hint #2: The lead is a scientist who was frozen ten years earlier. He is discovered and thawed out by the doctor from the first scene. Of course, coffee is administered to help him warm up. The thawed out doctor becomes the villain.

This film is easily confused with two other films made by the same studio and director with the same horror superstar. (At least I always confused them).

Is this The Man with Nine Lives, starring Boris Karloff, directed by Nick Grinde?

ninelives2.jpg?w=840

• Like 1

Is this The Man with Nine Lives, starring Boris Karloff, directed by Nick Grinde?

ninelives2.jpg?w=840

It is indeed, part of a trio with Before I Hang and The Man They Could Not Hang. I assume cryogenics has come a long way since its dumping of ice cubes phase.

Your thread Lawrence.