Sign in to follow this  
Terrence1

What in Common?

96 posts in this topic

Thanks. Merry Christmas to everyone, allabout lana, lavenderblue, cujas, finance, mudskipper, metz, cmvgor, mr6666, and all the rest. Merry Christmas to those who apparently are taking a sabbatical, like jenetico, visual feast, and daneldorado. And Merry Christmas to theladyeve. Eve, if you're checking in, we miss you.

Now, What do actors J.M. Kerrigan, Dick Foran, Victor McLaglen, and Tony Martin have in common? Hint: It's a character name.

"Quincannon"'....Probably one of John Ford's favorite names. I remember Victor MacLaglen's name in Rio Grande...I watched "The Lost Patrol" last night and noticed Quincannon played by JM Kerrigan as one of the soldiers. Then Dick Foran played it in "Fort Apache". Finally, Tony Martin was Linus Quincannon in "Quincannon, Frontier Scout" (1956)...

You got them all, skip. Stangely, Victor MacLaglen was in both "The Lost Patrol" and "Fort Apache", but he only played Sgt. Quincannon in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" and "Rio Grande". The Tony Martin movie was the only one of the group not directed by Ford. Your turn, muddy.

They all portrayed sub marine commanders.

Glenn Ford: "*The Flying Missile*" (1950)

Clark Gable: "*Run Silent, Run Deep*" (1958)

Cary Grant: "*Operation Petticoat*" (1959)

Tyrone Power: "*Abandon Ship*" (1957)

John Wayne: "*Operation Pacific*" (1951)

Submarine commanders is right...Glenn Ford was in "Torpedo Run" w/ Ernest Borgnine; Cary Grant was in "Destination Tokyo" with John Garfield, and Tyrone Power was in "Crash Dive" with Dana Andrews...the other two are correct....Your thread, Gipp...

What do Ronald Reagan, Clark Gable, Charlton Heston, WIlliam Holden and Jimmy Stewart have in common?

That's right muddy,

Clark Gable and Jimmy Stewart saw combat while Ronald Reagan, Charlton Heston and William Holden were staff pesonnel, insturctors or entertainers.

your thread.

That's right, Terrance. Robert Taylor in "Billy The Kid", Paul Newman in "The Left-Handed Gun", and Audie Murphy in "The Kid From Texas"...If nobody had answered, I would have added Kris Kristofferson in "Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid" (although he was already 37 when he played the part...Billy died at 22)....Your thread...

Wow! I can't believe that I finally got one right. OK, here's one that either is going to be very easy or very challenging. What do the following have in common:

James Garner

Eve Arden

Steve McQueen

Harrison Ford

Terry Moore

Martha Hyer

Gene Tierney

Jeanne Crain