Sign in to follow this  
countessdelave

VOTING THREAD for 17th TCM PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE

41 posts in this topic

My congratulations to *Sansfin*. You are the winner of this Challenge and you will get to host the next one. Everyone had a wonderful schedule. Each one was a winner in my opinion.

Here is the final vote tally:

*Sansfin-5*

*Lonesome Polecat-4*

*C. Bogle-1*

*Fedya-2*

*Capuchin-1*

*Filmlover-2*

*Kingrat-2*

I am very sorry to say that I can think of nothing witty to say. I am as nearly speechless as I can be.

Thank you for your votes. I am honored you choose me over such other worthy entrants.

You say that being the winner means I host the next Challenge. The reward for my hard work is more hard work? That reminds me very much of many jobs I have had. :)

All the schedules were quite wonderful. You are all to be congratulated!

Thank you for running an excellent Challenge countessdelave! :)

Congratulations SansFin for winning the Challenge and for a terrific schedule,

and to everybody else who entered, and also to countessdelave for running

the Challenge. Well done all around.

Sung to the tune of "Cast Your Fate to the Wind": "A night of knights, a day of Days, the boards re-echo with her praise . . . ." Congratulations, Sansfin! You had a wonderful schedule. Thanks to everyone who participated and voted.

SueSue, from your mouth to TCM's ears!

Mazeltov, SansFin! You definitely deserved it!

And thank you to the wonderful 4 people who voted for me, thus helping me achieve my goal of coming in second. :) (This way I get to do a schedule next time, you see?)

And thanks, Countess, your majesty, for running the schedule. It was a blast and very interesting.

On seeing the results, Bizarro World Sally Field was heard to exclaim, "They don't like me! They really don't like me!" ;-)

Thank you all for your kind words. :) I am still very much stunned that my schedule won over such wonderful competition.

I am now wondering when the next Challenge should be. They were three months apart for the first two years but since then have been four months apart. This would make the next one either in January or February. Should I split the difference and begin it in the middle of January? I will very much appreciate everyone's advice.

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> Thank you all for your kind words. :) I am still very much stunned that my schedule won over such wonderful competition.

>

> I am now wondering when the next Challenge should be. They were three months apart for the first two years but since then have been four months apart. This would make the next one either in January or February. Should I split the difference and begin it in the middle of January? I will very much appreciate everyone's advice.

Congratulations! I am looking forward to what you come up with in the Challenge.

As to the starting time of the next Challenge, I would vote for Feb. Considering tomorrow is the start of December, doing it in January only places it a month and a half behind this one. And you would probably want to wrap it up (voting included) by mid-March because we'll then be getting ready for tax time (and the next TCM Film Festival).

I'm a little late getting here though I did manage to get my vote sent in on time.

Thank you to all the participants for a another great challenge. Wonderful schedules from all of you. I can only admire the time and effort such an undertaking requires. I always enjoy reading them and appreciate all the effort put into each one.

Countessdelave, you did a great job of hosting the challenge!

Sansfin, A big congratulations to you on your win! I'm looking forward to your hosting the next one, but just enjoy the accolades for now. :)

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> Congratulations!

> As to the starting time of the next Challenge, I would vote for Feb.

Thank you for your kind words.

Looking at all the variables and other activities I am now thinking February 1 will be a good date.

As this is my first experience hosting the Challenge I hope I can rely on the Old Masters to quickly set me straight if I err in any regard.

> {quote:title=molo14 wrote:}{quote}

> Sansfin, A big congratulations to you on your win! I'm looking forward to your hosting the next one, but just enjoy the accolades for now. :)

I believe I am still too much in shock to truly enjoy the honor bestowed upon me. :)

*As this is my first experience hosting the Challenge I hope I can rely on the Old Masters to quickly set me straight if I err in any regard.*

SansFin,

Congratulations on your terrific win!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the next Challenge. I'd be glad to be of help!

Sansfin,

Again, congratulations on your win. I thought I'd also comment on start time for the Challenge. It is _your_ choice but I think that you will get more people to submit schedules if you wait until February. Everyone usually needs a little breathing time after the holidays and the previous Challenge. Also, as Filmlover observed, ending it well before the TCM Film Festival starts is a good idea.

I'll be eager to see the Challenge that you come up with. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about moderating (although I'd hardly call myself an expert or an old master).

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

>Congratulations on your terrific win!

>

> Feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the next Challenge. I'd be glad to be of help!

I fear I will bungle the task so horribly it will make everyone lose interest. I do not wish to go down in the annals of the forum as the person who killed the Challenge.

I know you can be of great help in one very important way: come out of retirement and create a schedule!

> {quote:title=countessdelave wrote:}{quote}

> I'll be eager to see the Challenge that you come up with.

I believe now I will schedule it for February 1, 2011.

It may be harder to create a good theme than it is to do a schedule. I have had two ideas but searching IMDb shows less than one hundred movies suiting each and I do not wish entrants to fight over such limited selection.

Thank you again for creating and running a great Challenge!