Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

If You COuld Bring Back Any One Person...

117 posts in this topic

Perhaps you mean Lex Barker? Or maybe Jess Barker...oh wait, he is still alive too.

I would love to dance with Fred Astaire. Have Tea with Audrey Hepburn. Go on a dates with Cary Grant, Robert Mitchum and Clark Gable. Just act like an idiot with the Marx Brothers. Swim with Esther Williams. I would love to have dinner and talk with Myrna Loy and Katherine Hepburn. Really anyone from the classics I would love to be around. As my family and friends say I should have been born in that time.

There are so many actors and actress that I have been enjoying for so many years on TCM, but I believe I'd bring back Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Benita Glanville, Priscilla Lane, and Jean Arthur. These are some of my favorites, and possibly John Wayne. As stated earlier, there are so many, the list would be to long and boring.

The main question would be, "If there was one thing you could change about your life, what would it be?" Gives some a chance to regenerate their life to try and live alittle longer.

John

JEANETTE MACDONALD

RONALD COLMAN

GREER GARSON

LILLIAN GISH

All of them added so much to my life. We'll never see their like again, more's the pity.

the truly GREAT comedians of all time {bob hope/abbott&Costello/lareul&hardy/marxs brothers/chaplin/] these and more of them from the 1930-1950tys realized you do not need swear words nudity or all that other stuff to get a LAUGH their movies where masterpieces and just say thanks and look at the CRAP we have to put up with now

My thoughts exactly.

There's no question for me: Bogart all the way.

He's my favorite actor of all-time, let alone from his era.

Judy Holliday! I love her movies and her personality. From what I've read, she was actually a very smart person, hence her convincing dumb blonde act. She died at such a young age and she was so talented.

And for the men, I'd have to say Joseph Cotten, my all time favorite actor. If you ever read his autobiography, I think he'd have some really interesting stories to tell, plus he had a fantastic voice! I could sit around listening to him all day (which I do some days, listening to his work on the OTR program, Suspense).

i would totally bring back jimmy stewart. he has to be my favorite actor of all time, he was in all the great hitchcock movies like rear window, that's where i got my sn from. and i would ask him more than one question, i mean it's jimmy stewart.

FRED ASTAIRE ALL THE WAY!

Then i would ask him to twirl me around the dance floor and make me look good!

I love Fred

My mother! I know, you probably never heard of her, but she was quite an actress, and I miss her!!! The question I would ask: "Do you see Dad up there, or did he go in the opposite direction?"

Ralph

I'd definitely bring back Charles Boyer. I think he was just fabulous. And frankly, pretty underrated these days.

I'd also bring back Bogie, James Dean, Errol Flynn, Montgomery Clift, Jean Harlow, and all the others who died too young. If all of these folks had lived into old age, I think our film library would be that much better.

OK Ralph,

Now you've piqued my curiosity!

What was your mother's name and was she in any movies or plays that we'd know about? Even if she was a supporting actress, she would still be of interest to me; as you've probably read here by me - I often am more interested in the supporting and character actors and actresses than the stars.

And, her name was__________........

Larry

Peter Lorre - because he truly was/is in a league of his own. As much as I love many actors, there were many leading men, many wonderful singers, many beautiful actresses - but there was only ONE Peter Lorre.

And Claude Rains, for personal reasons, I'd ask him if he'd adopt me. :-)

Scarlett

Hi Larry -

Her name was Evelyn Brown - she was appearing in "Babes in Toyland" on Broadway in 1929 when she met my father. She also did "Naughty Marietta" that year. Then she married, had babies, and returned to the theatre in the l950's with the Kenley Players out of Ohio - have you heard of them? They had a big summer stock touring company which presented several different shows (usually musicals, some comedies) every summer. I think they mostly toured the midwest (out of Cleveland, but they held auditions in NYC every spring). Anyway, she toured with them for several years (Gypsy, My Fair Lady, Unsinkable Molly Brown) before she retired for good in the mid '60's. She died in Michigan in 1984.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for answering my post.

Evelyn Brown - that sounds like a good solid name and I'm glad that she had a life of her own in which to express her artistic persona.

No, I have not heard of the Kenley Players of Ohio; but these groups were the real salt and pepper, treading the boards kind of company that has the real and talented singers, dancers and actors/actresses that are the backbone of American and Canadian entertainment.

Your mother sounds like she was in some very good productions - Bless her!!

Larry

Curly Howard, because he died before his films were released to TV and never got to see how popular and beloved he was.

Errol Flynn Not just because I adore him, which I do. He was so beautiful, intelegent, and talented. He would fare much better today where he could have control over his career. I would realy like to know what he would think of the world today.

Toss up between Susan Hayward and Judy Holliday.Susan,in my opinion has never really got her just do...if only she hadn't worked on that horrific"The Conquerers" or if it hadn't been filmed in that radioactive desert.Judy left us way,way too early.She was so talented...they both were...(sigh)