Sign in to follow this  
bklynrose

Your favorite movie that came out the year you were born

94 posts in this topic

I'm a 1945 child and can't think of any films I know came out that year but The Lost Week-end and Detour. Help! I know there were more good ones than these.

I have the same general issue with 1965 that you have Tracey, but one of my all-time favorite movies is indeed from '65 - Julie Christie in Darling has always been a standout film for me.

I'm a 1945 child and can't think of any films I know came out that year but The Lost Week-end and Detour. Help! I know there were more good ones than these.

I can now add Mildred Pearce.

I see I'm not the only 1972 person here. I don't like *The Godfather*, so I'd probably pick *The Poseidon Adventure* because it's just such mindless fun, or *Frenzy* because I'm a Hitchcock fan.

I see 1972 is also the year *Deep Throat* and *Fritz the Cat* were released.

Well i arrived on my Mom's favorite day ,( it was finally over)Dec8,1941 my Dad was overseas in England with the Canadian Army, he didn't make it home. Since the day of my arrival was the day following the attack on Pearl Harbor my mother was often asked if that event sped up my arrival in any way her reply was if it had not happened when it did she may attacked someone, she was a feisty lady, I miss her. The movie I best enjoy from 1941 was and is one of my and Ms Goddess's favorites; THE SHEPPARD OF THE HILLS with the Duke and Harry Carey Sr.

I took it out about a month ago and watched it it never fails to deliver.

"Rear Window" (1954) and it is very cool to see so many younger people have discovered the classic,old movies. There is hope..LOL

FredC: Thanks to your post I just punched in your videostore link and found all these 1945ers that I?ve enjoyed:

The Clock

The Crimson Canary

The Enchanted Cottage

God is My Co-Pilot

The House on 92nd Street

Leave Her to Heaven

Miss Susie Slagle?s

Our Vines Have Tender Grapes

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Rhapsody in Blue

San Antonio

The Southerner

The Story of G. I. Joe

They Were Expendable

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Valley of Decision

It might not be on a par with 1939 but it?s not too shabby either. Thank you for this little gift.

1983 was a pretty poor crop, so my choice is easy! Hands down, A Christmas Story.

Honorable mention to Silkwood, Trading Places, and Bill Cosby: Himself.

I've never seen the Best Picture winner -- Terms of Endearment. I might revise if I ever catch it.

I could watch nothing but 1958 movies for a long, long time! There were a number of classy ones (Gigi, Vertigo, South Pacific, Separate Tables) but also _loads_ of cheeseball horror flicks which I totally adore (The Blob, The Crawling Eye, The Fly, Corridors of Blood)!

But if I had to finally choose only the three that I enjoy the most, I'd have to go with *Bell, Book and Candle*, *The Reluctant Debutante* and *The Buccaneer*.

1983 was a pretty poor crop, so my choice is easy! Hands down, A Christmas Story.

Honorable mention to Silkwood, Trading Places, and Bill Cosby: Himself.

I've never seen the Best Picture winner -- Terms of Endearment. I might revise if I ever catch it.

What about Fanny and Alexander, L'Argent, Sans Soleil, Videodrome, The Right Stuff or The Man with Two Brains?

Edited by: skimpole on May 19, 2011 10:27 PM

1947 - Gentlemen's Agreement, The Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th Street