fxreyman

LISTS

1,563 posts in this topic

Well look who the kittens dragged in!  I can't believe you even like animated films!

Features:

1. Gay Purree

2. The Aristocats

3. Bambi

4. Pinocchio

5. Dumbo

6. Lady and the Tramp

7. Snow White

8. Fantasia

9. Beauty and the Beast

10. Fox and the Hound

You and cats!  I need to track down those top two.

Television:

1. Riki Tiki Tavi

2. The Lorax

3. Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back!)

4. What's Opera, Doc?

5. Charlotte's Web

6. The Brave Little Toaster

What a great little list!  I was actually shown the top two in junior high, believe it or not.  I liked them both.  "The Lorax" is my favorite Dr. Seuss.

You didn't just rank ten films in order.  You went all out.  I love it!  And, for the record, lists can be very "of the moment".

I am just glad you were able to decipher it all. ha. Making three lists was about the be all and end all of my brainpower, ha. And yes, absolutely.. they are very "of the moment" as  you say. Some less than others.. I can tell you that some of these films would ALWAYS rate highly with me. .but some are rather interchangeable. 

This should be interesting.  I only say this because my second favorite animated film is near the bottom of your list.

Ha! And why am I NOT surprised??? ha. I am probably way in the minority for not liking that film. I have to say that most everyone I have ever talked to about it has said they liked it. I have some rather "me" specific reasons why I don't.. you would likely roll your eyes if I told you. ha. (and if I said what I REALLY thought about some parts of this film, it COULD even lead to getting the THREAD locked down if some folks ever took exception to some of the things I said..ha.) Oh me oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. :D

Now I have you really wondering, don't I??   :D

Or maybe not.. despite how much it PAINS me to admit it.. you know me pretty well  Ha. :P

I have seen 17 of these films with many of them coming recently.  And I plan on watching most of the rest.  Whatever my sister-in-law owns, I'll watch.  And your list is going to be a major guide for me.

Ha.. well now I am on the edge of my seat for sure. I bet.. hmm.. let me think.. if we just take my lists and turn them upside down.. you'll like them in that order (so ha.. The Great Mouse Detective is the one for you! ha.) 

So not.. so very not. Even to prove that whatever I like you won't and vice versa.. ha. Because that would be going TOO far. ha. Oh me.. I would NEVER expect THAT to happen.. not for that film anyway.. ha

I have watched only two of these films.  One of them is my favorite animated film of all.

I am guessing that it would be #6. (possibly) I would be surprised if you like any of the others on the list as well as to call them your #1.. but I can see you liking the "Toon" movie. (Besides... it's an 80's movie.. you are an 80's kinda guy) :D

And then if that weren't enough.. there's.. Jessica. :D

What a wonderful exercise in decision making!  And it's never meant to be life or death.  I really do appreciate anyone who takes time to try and figure out what they like and how they like it.  And you always reserve the right to change a list.  In fact, that usually shows growth.

I will tell her you said all that (and that you liked her list) She really did put her little heart into it. ha. I think it was good for her to do it too.. because she had to really stop and think about what it was that made her choose one thing over another and whether she liked that enough (or not enough) to rate it high or low.  

Poor kid.. ha. I know her pain. :D

She almost gave up.. but then she came around finally and said that she was finished.. and voila.. there she had it.

I have seen 12 on her list.  The good news is that some of my favorites are her favorites.

Wowsa.. 12 out of 25.. that's pretty high considering most of hers are pretty contemporary. (though there are some classics too) I am looking forward to your list when  you get it ready sir. I am on the edge of my seat! 

I love your list of favorites, Mrs. Capuchin!  I especially like your favorite modern non-Miyazaki!  I need to seek out of some of your others, to be sure.

I thank you for your kind words. I know two people who do not like: WALL-E (2008) because they find the form and movements of the character Eve disturbing. I do not know if it is manifestation of uncanny valley or if there is other reason. They have similar reaction to Stretch, Fatso and Stinkie in: Casper (1995).

YO, Grey Dude.. 

I have watched only two of these films.  One of them is my favorite animated film of all.

SO.. I see now that I was completely wrong about OH so many things.. ha. Including what one was  your "favorite animated film of all"  (my guess was Who Framed Roger Rabbit) 

But if I am reading your comment correctly.. and if I go by the list you posted in over in the torture thread, then.. ha. .by process of elimination, you have not SEEN Roger Rabbit yet! (because the two you were referring to here were The Lego Movie and How to Train Your Dragon) 

So while I am working on the "five favorite actresses" assignment you gave me.. I would LOVE to see your list of animated movies.. how many HAVE you seen (recently or in the past?) and what are your faves?? Meanwhile.. I would also recommend WFRR for your future movies. It is a lot of fun (and hey.. it's sort of a 'NOIR" too.. so it might be right up your alley) 

Then again.. ha.. I AM the one suggesting it to you.. so if history  repeats itself.. ha.. you'll probably hate it. :D (but you never know.. every now and then I'll have a stroke of luck and get one right) :D

So while I am working on the "five favorite actresses" assignment you gave me.. I would LOVE to see your list of animated movies.. how many HAVE you seen (recently or in the past?) and what are your faves?? Meanwhile.. I would also recommend WFRR for your future movies. It is a lot of fun (and hey.. it's sort of a 'NOIR" too.. so it might be right up your alley)

It's true, I haven't seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  Only snippets of the film, including some earlier this year.  It looked enjoyable to me.

My list of animated films:

1. The Lego Movie

2. Wall-E

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas

4. Toy Story

5. Up

6. The Simpsons Movie

7. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

8. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

9. Monsters, Inc.

10. Watership Down

11. Bolt

12. How to Train Your Dragon

13. The Rescuers

14. Lady and the Tramp

15. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

16. Beauty and the Beast

17. Hotel Transylvania

18. Finding Nemo

19. Fantastic Mr. Fox

20. ParaNorman

21. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

22. The Incredibles

23. Frozen

24. Dumbo

25. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

26. Robin Hood

27. The Jungle Book

28. 101 Dalmations

29. Monsters University

30. Ratatouille

31. The Little Mermaid

32. Brave

It's true, I haven't seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  Only snippets of the film, including some earlier this year.  It looked enjoyable to me.

I think you'd find a lot to like in it.. but I also have to confess.. ha.. Roger CAN be a bit "over the top" sometimes. (his voice grates on you after a while, ha.. but I mean that in a good way.. I think) :D  I don't know for SURE that you'll rate it as high as I did.. but I have always liked it. I still remember going out to see it at the theater with one of my brothers (way back in the 80's) and I remember not just enjoying it for fun.. but being so impressed with the technology and how it was made. At the time, it was very new (in terms of the way it was made) and I liked how the toons and the non-toons just blended so well together.

But I do confess.. over the years I have only watched it a handful of times. I have to sort of censor it a bit to let the kidling watch it. She's only recenlty seen it once all the way through.. and I still had to hit the mute button once or twice (there is a pretty foul mouthed baby in it). And I also had to just fast forward once too.. because, um.. of course.. there's JESSICA) :D Nothing TOO harsh or inappropriate overall.. just a bit more than we usually let her see (or hear)

I hope you give it a try sometime. I think overall you might enjoy it. (ha.. maybe.. perhaps.. but who knows? I've been wrong before) :)

My list of animated films

You really have watched a lot more than I even realized! And Iike the mix.. some musicals, some not.. some "sweet".. some NOT ha. (oh me.. why am I NOT surprised by you watching #6. and liking it so well)  Not my sort of humor.. but I know some do enjoy it. (For that one AND  #21 someone would have to hold me down with a gun to my head and under threat of some sort of heinous TORTURE. ha.  

But that's just me.   :D

But number 3 was a surprise.. not that you saw it, but that you rated it so high. (but ha.. again.. that could just be me) 

Two others that really caught me by surprise were #7 (I had no idea you were a Bat-Dude kinda guy..especially to rate it that highly) and # 10.. fighting bunnies.. agh! Perish the thought. Ha. I have never read the book OR seen the film.. but I know a little about the story. I don't think it would be my cup of tea.. but I would be interested in hearing your thought on it.  

Scott:

Looking over your various lists do I not see "Chicken Run"? If you haven't seen it then you must add to your list. (Of course, I may have missed things. In fact I miss my younger years.)

I think you'd find a lot to like in it.. but I also have to confess.. ha.. Roger CAN be a bit "over the top" sometimes. (his voice grates on you after a while, ha.. but I mean that in a good way.. I think) :D  I don't know for SURE that you'll rate it as high as I did.. but I have always liked it. I still remember going out to see it at the theater with one of my brothers (way back in the 80's) and I remember not just enjoying it for fun.. but being so impressed with the technology and how it was made. At the time, it was very new (in terms of the way it was made) and I liked how the toons and the non-toons just blended so well together.

From what I saw of the about ten minutes I watched earlier this year, I was mostly impressed.  It definitely seemed like a film I could enjoy now.

But I do confess.. over the years I have only watched it a handful of times. I have to sort of censor it a bit to let the kidling watch it. She's only recenlty seen it once all the way through.. and I still had to hit the mute button once or twice (there is a pretty foul mouthed baby in it). And I also had to just fast forward once too.. because, um.. of course.. there's JESSICA) :D Nothing TOO harsh or inappropriate overall.. just a bit more than we usually let her see (or hear)

Ironically enough, what I did catch was the baby.  I thought he was pretty funny.

You really have watched a lot more than I even realized! And Iike the mix.. some musicals, some not.. some "sweet".. some NOT ha. (oh me.. why am I NOT surprised by you watching #6. and liking it so well)  Not my sort of humor.. but I know some do enjoy it. (For that one AND  #21 someone would have to hold me down with a gun to my head and under threat of some sort of heinous TORTURE. ha.  

I have watched 23 of those 32 films in the last few months!  And I plan on watching even more.  If you had me pick and choose what I would only wish to watch for myself, I wouldn't watch any of the princess films.  But I'm looking to have a broader experience.

The Simpsons is my favorite television show of all.  My screen name is from the show.  The movie is pretty good.  I'm not a South Park fan but I watched the film with a friend.  It was okay.  Certainly not your kind of film.  Far, far, far from your kind of humor. :D

Two others that really caught me by surprise were #7 (I had no idea you were a Bat-Dude kinda guy..especially to rate it that highly) and # 10.. fighting bunnies.. agh! Perish the thought. Ha. I have never read the book OR seen the film.. but I know a little about the story. I don't think it would be my cup of tea.. but I would be interested in hearing your thought on it.

I love Batman.  He's my favorite comics character.  I love Batman: The Animated.  It's another show that ranks as a great favorite of mine.  That's where the film derives.  My brother really likes Watership Down and I watched it with him.  It's a mature animated film.  It is not for the kiddies.  It has some real violence in it.  I can't see you liking it much.

Looking over your various lists do I not see "Chicken Run"? If you haven't seen it then you must add to your list. (Of course, I may have missed things. In fact I miss my younger years.)

I will definitely look to borrow and watch the film, Movieman.  I think I'll like it after watching some Wallace & Gromit.

Happy Birthday, Rey!  I hope you have a good time on your day.

Thanks Scott! Very nice of you to remember. The best time I can have on my b-day is to be notified that I have been hired by someone here in the Chicago area. But other than that I still have the message boards to return to. Hope all is well with you my old friend!!!

Rey

Best of luck with your job search in Chicago.  I hope you find what you are looking for very soon.  Until then, enjoy your birthday!

Well, the dry spell is finally coming to an end...

I will be starting this thread up once again with my completion of my top ten list from the decade of the 1940's. Then I will start another list for another decade as yet to be decided. Hope you all enjoy!