Sign in to follow this  
dogman_dan

Unknown war movie

6 posts in this topic

Im looking for the name of a WWII movie, the only part I know is that a Lt. gets shot in the head and his soldier friend rushes him back to the aid station on a Jeep. Once there the Army doctor tells him its too late. The soldier takes out his .45 pistol and points it at the Dr, telling him to work on the Lt. and basically says he'll take the court martial for pointing the gun at the Dr. After the surgery, the LT survives and the Dr calls the MPs to arrest/detain the soldier for pointing a gun at him. The Dr. makes the soldier stand in one spot for a few minutes, then releases him with no other charges.

Got any ideas on the name?

Theres another part of the movie before that scene. The SGT is sitting in his jeep before looking for the lt. He stops in some bushes and sees a german patrol. The patrol is walking, and spots the jeep. The SGT takes off, drives through the germans troops and some tanks, and makes it back to friendly lines.

This scene features, I believe, Elliott Gould or James Caan, and is from A Bridge Too Far and Arthur Hill is the doc.

Thanks for that. Was driving me crazy. I knew Ive seen the movie, and heck, even own it. Just could not rememeber where Ive seen it.

Yes, A BRIDGE TOO FAR (1977). James Caan is the sergeant (Sgt. Dohun), Arthur Hill the doc, and (I think) Nicholas Campbell as the captain whose life Caan saves.